Bodybuilder Who Shot Parents on LI

Lazarus
This topic is 782 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

1 hour ago, Luv2play said:

I've always considered that many Italians are really Latino, after all their roots are Latin, just like the Spanish.So if they look similar, it's in the genes.

There was also a lot of North African and Greek admixture in Sicily over the centuries. He could also be a Tunisian or Libyan.

5 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Why can’t any of the Italian guys on Rentmen in NYC look like him? I see plenty of them on the street. 

Most Americans that say they are Italian are no more than 1/4 Italian, lol. Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande are exceptions. Americans have this weird obsession with them.

Edited by nycboi

I'm very familiar with the 2 RetroFitness locations where he worked as a trainer.  (I've passed them by many times, in other words)... between Burger King & PC Richard on Queens Blvd (near the LIE) and in the shopping plaza with Stop & Shop on Union Turnpike, off Woodhaven Blvd (behind Trader Joes).

His family’s construction empire shaped the Big Apple’s skyline, according to the Daily Voice. Rocco Tomassetti’s Empire Transit Mix company reportedly provided the concrete for the Freedom Tower.
The pumped-up suspect’s late grandfather — Italian immigrant Dino Tomassetti Sr. — owned construction chain Laquila Group, whose projects included Goldman Sachs’ headquarters near Ground Zero and the Bank of America headquarters, the outlet said.
He also had been linked by the feds to organized crime, according to a 2006 report in the New York Times.
The then-79-year-old Tomassetti Sr. was under indictment for allegedly making thousands of dollars in illegal payoffs to union officials over a decade, according to the newspaper. He had denied the charges.
And in 1997, Rocco Tomassetti and his father were arrested for allegedly operating an illegal waste transfer station near the company’s headquarters in the Flatlands section of Brooklyn, the Times reported.
Laquila also failed to disclose a 1987 racketeering indictment for bribing local officials to allow it to dump construction waste illegally in New Jersey, according to the outlet.
The scheme was allegedly organized by a member of the Gambino crime organization.
The charges against Laquila were ultimately dropped as part of a $25,000 civil settlement, the Times reported.
  mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F2%2F2021%2F12%2Fdino-tomassetti-parents-shot-07.jpg&t=1640674151&ymreqid=cd9876b4-5157-e548-2f2c-5a000a018800&sig=xU2VBVUK0oCBnJKmAAzUWg--~D

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fheightzone.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2021%2F12%2F3174bc47872b7425e8a68d2971e47c.jpg&t=1640674151&ymreqid=cd9876b4-5157-e548-2f2c-5a000a018800&sig=k0XBy6FK0wgwuFJFLCydag--~D

image.jpeg.d148037fcbdd3b0602ae076977a2346b.jpeg

Muscle-bound son 'shoots his parents' on Christmas at their $3million Long  Island mansion | Daily Mail Online

Dino Tomassetti - YouTube

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

Tomassetti attacked the couple during a custody dispute over his 1-year-old child.  He has been charged with two counts of attempted murder.  He had started arguing with his parents at about 10 a.m. on Christmas morning.

As the argument escalated, he allegedly tried to leave the home with the child.

“When the parents objected, the defendant produced a .22-caliber pistol,” Nassau County Police Commissioner Patrick Ryder said.

Tomassetti then allegedly shot his mom in the head and then fired at his dad, hitting him in the back and wrist.

“He struck his father then in the head with the gun numerous times after he ran out of bullets,” Ryder said.

The baby and the child’s mother were in the room at the time.

Tomassetti wasn’t licensed in Nassau County to own the pistol — and he had no prior arrests.  

His parents underwent surgery for their injuries, but were both released earlier this week.

The 1-year-old is in the care of its mother.

I guess he won't be winning any father-of-the-year awards.  Now watch the parents hire a hotshot lawyer to get him off.  Actually, I'd get him off for just a nominal fee.

I'm surprised that someone shot in the head would be out of the hospital after a few days. It must have been fairly superficial. Also the father was released after what could have been a serious shot to the back.

Nevertheless, any gunshot wounds are a serious matter. It sounds like a domestic dispute gone wrong when the young man resorted to using a pistol. Of course he could have done equally serious damage with a piece of household furniture.

Sounds like a temper management issue.

Guest MikeThomas
8 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

I'm surprised that someone shot in the head would be out of the hospital after a few days. It must have been fairly superficial. Also the father was released after what could have been a serious shot to the back.

Nevertheless, any gunshot wounds are a serious matter. It sounds like a domestic dispute gone wrong when the young man resorted to using a pistol. Of course he could have done equally serious damage with a piece of household furniture.

Sounds like a temper management issue.

Sounds like a steroid issue.

On 12/27/2021 at 5:14 AM, MikeThomas said:

Prison life will be very difficult.

Yup. He could have made several hundred a pop for worship sessions; on the inside, he's going to belong to whoever has the most cigarettes.

If the newspaper account is correct, sounds like a stupid rich boy who got 'roid rage and wanted to advance his inheritance.