Anybody Into Astrology?

MysticMenace

I think it's been discussed before, but was wondering if anybody is into astrology? I follow a few YouTubers and realize that there was more than just a zodiac (sun) sign - there's also moon and rising signs, and apparently a combo of these signs puts you into a certain archetype. Anybody know what all their signs are, and how much of it do you hold true?

so one of a million sperms gets to one of a million eggs during one of the million seconds of a particular year and it's somehow influenced by one of a million stars millions of miles away in one of the millions of galaxies in our universe?  

the answer, of course, is an astounding YES !

Edited by topunderachiever

Yes but not western astrology. I follow Vedic (Indian) astrology. It is more of a guide to your life than making exact predictions for the future (astrology does not do that: that’s more in the paranormal realm but good luck getting a genuine and real person). We all go through life’s up and downs. The astrologer acts like a therapist pointing out the good and the bad, in events, cycles, and timeframes. In the end, we all have a mix of good times and bad times. Astrology can be a guide to help you get through it all. Some of it is uncannily accurate. 

There will be naysayers to everything. But I have had genuine spiritual experiences when I was young and then then through my life that indicate that there is something more to the universe than what can be sensed.

6 hours ago, BonVivant said:

Yes but not western astrology. I follow Vedic (Indian) astrology. It is more of a guide to your life than making exact predictions for the future (astrology does not do that: that’s more in the paranormal realm but good luck getting a genuine and real person). We all go through life’s up and downs. The astrologer acts like a therapist pointing out the good and the bad, in events, cycles, and timeframes. In the end, we all have a mix of good times and bad times. Astrology can be a guide to help you get through it all. Some of it is uncannily accurate. 

There will be naysayers to everything. But I have had genuine spiritual experiences when I was young and then then through my life that indicate that there is something more to the universe than what can be sensed.

Being a fan of Karma, Tattvartha Sutra, Kali Yuga, (one of the four yugas), and the idea that souls render service to one another~ (All things having single and yet combined unified soul(s)…)~ I keep astrology and things “mystical” in this light~ All human interpretation is flawed and limited by our limited senses~

That being said: I am not a spiritual person~ (meaning: I don’t strive to be spiritual or for spirituality… it’s simply part of my being but, moves thru me, into me and away from me constantly and sometimes all that the same time~). Spirituality is not my goal or pursuit~ Why pursue what is ultimately a lie~? (Referring to Human perception). We approximate correctness and truth but, never command it since we are perfectly imperfect~ So, what can be said of the wisdom of the stars, numbers human thoughts and presumptions~?
 Some heroes offer special interest to me personally: Hunaman, (Sun WuKong), and some other Heroes~ 
Mostly, watching/listening to the elements and nature offer the best of what there is of need to know~ 

Edited by Tygerscent

I've always found astrology fun.  I love my sign which is Scorpio.  I use it as an excuse for all types of behavior.  When I turned 35 (1975) I decided I wanted to do something no normal staid high school teacher would ever do so I had a scorpion tattooed onto my right shoulder.  I also like my Chinese birth sign which is a Golden Dragon (1940).  I should probably get a dragon tattooed onto my left should but at 81 I think I will pass on that one. 

56 minutes ago, Epigonos said:

I've always found astrology fun.  I love my sign which is Scorpio.  I use it as an excuse for all types of behavior.  When I turned 35 (1975) I decided I wanted to do something no normal staid high school teacher would ever do so I had a scorpion tattooed onto my right shoulder.  I also like my Chinese birth sign which is a Golden Dragon (1940).  I should probably get a dragon tattooed onto my left should but at 81 I think I will pass on that one. 

An enlightening exercise: take your age and reverse the numbers… Live that age for the year~ So, you are not 81… you are 18~
 Fuck it… get the tattoo~ 

Edited by Tygerscent

• 11 months later...

When I was in college I had a friend who was into astrology and did readings based on your actual birth date/time, rather than just the general "You're a Pisces" type readings. We proposed an experiment where I'd give her two date/times, one mine, one made up; she would cast a horoscope based on both, give them to me & my friends without identifying which was which, and they'd see if either described me more accurately than the other.  Sadly, she never got around to actually casting them. 

1 hour ago, poolboy48220 said:

When I was in college I had a friend who was into astrology and did readings based on your actual birth date/time, rather than just the general "You're a Pisces" type readings. We proposed an experiment where I'd give her two date/times, one mine, one made up; she would cast a horoscope based on both, give them to me & my friends without identifying which was which, and they'd see if either described me more accurately than the other.  Sadly, she never got around to actually casting them. 

Cool experiment.  Would luv to see the results of that on a large basis.  While astrology can be fun and interesting, I don't think it's anything more than a combination of confirmation bias and coincidence.

That being said, way back when I was in high school, my father knew a math professor who was also a professional astrologer, and one year for Christmas got from him and gave to us as a present a full scale birth chart reading--multiple, single-spaced pages, including all sorts of things such as predictions for the future and even descriptions of past lives.  It was really, really intriguing.  Every once in a while I take it out and look at it for the fun of it.

I have no interest in Astrology or any beliefs in supernatural forces.

That said....I am supposedly a Pisces on the Cusp of Aquarius.

The description of my personality based on my birth date is almost exactly my personality

The description of my "love match" with my wife's sign is identical to our relationship.

Scary how that works.