Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

@Tarte Gogo paid a visit to Epic Man Spa and drew a thai guy named Andy. Slim and not muscular but with a very good Swedish technique, did some Thai stretches and cracks towards the end. Not as close to the chiropractic-like neck cracks form Phil but that worked well for me. The flip part could use some work but the massage was worth it. Expensive at $90 an hour and I don’t think I liked other providers there but eh🤷🏻‍♂️

Had a great massage at Times Sq Mens Spa with Latino (Harry? couldn't understand his name).  Unfortunately a 90 min massage ended in 75 min.  Killed the whole experience.  Why do guys do this?!?  They work hard for 75% of the time and ruin it by shorting the time.  As I was laying there I thought I had found a new regular but the time short made me feel ripped off.  Oh well, on with the search.

23 minutes ago, spaman said:

Had a great massage at Times Sq Mens Spa with Latino (Harry? couldn't understand his name).  Unfortunately a 90 min massage ended in 75 min.  Killed the whole experience.  Why do guys do this?!?  They work hard for 75% of the time and ruin it by shorting the time.  As I was laying there I thought I had found a new regular but the time short made me feel ripped off.  Oh well, on with the search.

Agree! But did you say anything to him or management? And did you tip "less?" The only way they might  learn 🤷‍♂️

On 1/5/2023 at 10:38 PM, columbuslaw123 said:

Looks like they spruced up their roster from the days of Bert. Although I'll always have great memories of Adrian there. Where did he end up? Anyone know?

I agree!! I had nothing but wonderful experiences with Adrian!  I wish he were still around somewhere.

I haven’t been there in a while either, would you mind PM-ing me with details about your experience with Angel/Angelo?

7 hours ago, spaman said:

Every time I’ve been to TSMS, I’ve always been shorted. 

8 hours ago, spaman said:

I can understand when new masseurs learn some guys can HE in 3 minutes and others may take much longer, but if they work on someone who releases quickly, there are so many ways they can continue the massage for 10 more minutes. Otherwise, it does come across as intentional shorting.

On 3/1/2023 at 7:35 AM, spaman said:

Spaman how much did you tip after being shorted 15 mins ?  I’ve decreased the tip according to time and when I leave mention the total price   How much is a $75 min massage? 

3 hours ago, spaman said:

I would have tipped more. Massage was $90 I tipped $60

Agree, would have tipped more too IF he had upheld his part of the session. Like I mentioned previously, I feel theses guys need to be called out on this and also mentioning it to management. Otherwise they just think one is a lousy tipper, and their behavior doesn't change, my opinion.... 🤷‍♂️

Tried Phil at Batman Spa last week based on feedback on this and Batman Spa and older masseurs thread.  I wouldn't say he's that much older, but not a twink - maybe early 30's.  Nice and gifted guy.  Decent massage at first, escalated quickly with upsell if that's what you're looking for.  An ok experience that actually lasted the full hour, glad I tried, won't repeat though.

3 hours ago, spaman said:

Tried Phil at Batman Spa last week based on feedback on this and Batman Spa and older masseurs thread.  I wouldn't say he's that much older, but not a twink - maybe early 30's.  Nice and gifted guy.  Decent massage at first, escalated quickly with upsell if that's what you're looking for.  An ok experience that actually lasted the full hour, glad I tried, won't repeat though.

Phil is definitely in his 40s or 50s. Either that or he just looks terribly old for his age. I don't understand the recent talk about him. He's mediocre at best. Weak massage and in my opinion not attractive or worth the visit. 

31 minutes ago, columbuslaw123 said:

Phil is definitely in his 40s or 50s. Either that or he just looks terribly old for his age. I don't understand the recent talk about him. He's mediocre at best. Weak massage and in my opinion not attractive or worth the visit. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find him attractive. 

3 hours ago, Client1985 said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find him attractive. 

The upselling is repulsive.  However, I have only received excellent reviews on Phil so this is concerning

Edited by Sixpack

On 1/31/2023 at 5:17 PM, NYMassageAddict said:

I’m not sure who on here is familiar with Renew York Spa on 8th Ave next door to the Q. It is a mixed spa, meaning men and women and legit and YMMV. 

I think the facility is quite impressive and you can get a very good massage. Peter (40+) medium build, nothing special in the looks department delivers a very strong but good massage. He can be quite enjoyable at the end too. I’ve also had Jake - not as good as Peter but can be enjoyable. 

Today I tried Tony. He is not skilled and not enjoyable at the end. And trust me; I tried. If you haven’t checked it out, do it, but skip on Tony. 

Can confirm that Peter is quite enjoyable. And Jake no longer works there. 

48 minutes ago, Larry2020 said:

Went to Yeah Man Spa after a long break.  Finally had Chen, and he was totally worth the wait. He gives a strong massage.

Very good technique, lots of communication, nice finish, and he really seems to know what he is doing.  The facility is a bit worn, but the price is right.

I'll definitely be going back!

Thanks for the rec. will have to give Yeah Man another try. 

4 hours ago, Larry2020 said:

Went to Yeah Man Spa after a long break.  Finally had Chen, and he was totally worth the wait. He gives a strong massage.

Very good technique, lots of communication, nice finish, and he really seems to know what he is doing.  The facility is a bit worn, but the price is right.

I'll definitely be going back!

Yes Chen is really good at deep massage and walking on your back too, of you like that, which I do. But the place sadly is a a mess :(