Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Speaking of Alpha, it's been a while since I've stopped by there after a few unpleasant visits. But my last visit this week with Angel / Angelo (he's Italian from outside Milan) was exactly what I needed. A different guy with arm tats - Spanish maybe? (didn't get his name) cashed me out and I'm definitely going to stop by again. Looks like they spruced up their roster from the days of Bert. Although I'll always have great memories of Adrian there. Where did he end up? Anyone know?

So I pretty much crossed out Grandee and New Yorker Men Spa from my list, but New Yorker’s location is really convenient for me so I called and made an appointment few days ago. Thought I’d try someone new and maybe get lucky. BIG MISTAKE!

When I entered the room, I thought it smelled like a swamp. As I took off my shoes I realized the carpet is really wet. And it really stinks! I looked up and lo and behold: flooded ceiling! I asked to be transferred to a different room but was told all rooms were flooded couple of days ago.

I excused myself and left. I badly needed a massage that night but that smell of damp rug and dirty water cant be ignored. I have low expectation from Grandee/New Yorker, but this is just insane— operating a spa under such state!

D0B3A8DA-64E8-411B-A048-67A5EF698ADD.thumb.jpeg.c82791591691d7cf27bee1aa3e08aa32.jpeg

2 hours ago, Spursy said:

now what Tall Thai Andy from Utopia?  He's at Epic Men's Spa, Lex and 62nd.  

Is this the same location that had an Andy working there around 4-5 years ago or maybe more? Does anyone know what I’m talking about? There was a massage place that was very close to Lex and 62nd that closed, had a masseur that was well-reviewed (he was my first at these kind of places).

14 hours ago, Link said:

So I pretty much crossed out Grandee and New Yorker Men Spa from my list, but New Yorker’s location is really convenient for me so I called and made an appointment few days ago. Thought I’d try someone new and maybe get lucky. BIG MISTAKE!

When I entered the room, I thought it smelled like a swamp. As I took off my shoes I realized the carpet is really wet. And it really stinks! I looked up and lo and behold: flooded ceiling! I asked to be transferred to a different room but was told all rooms were flooded couple of days ago.

I excused myself and left. I badly needed a massage that night but that smell of damp rug and dirty water cant be ignored. I have low expectation from Grandee/New Yorker, but this is just insane— operating a spa under such state!

D0B3A8DA-64E8-411B-A048-67A5EF698ADD.thumb.jpeg.c82791591691d7cf27bee1aa3e08aa32.jpeg

Don't waste time or money at this place. Around the corner is Chelsea Man Spa on 29th/6th. Always have a good experience there. 

2 hours ago, columbuslaw123 said:

Don't waste time or money at this place. Around the corner is Chelsea Man Spa on 29th/6th. Always have a good experience there. 

Thanks. Yeah, I know. Just that they’re open til the wee hours. Never again.

Chelsea Men close early :( 

On 1/5/2023 at 5:38 PM, columbuslaw123 said:

Speaking of Alpha, it's been a while since I've stopped by there after a few unpleasant visits. But my last visit this week with Angel / Angelo (he's Italian from outside Milan) was exactly what I needed. A different guy with arm tats - Spanish maybe? (didn't get his name) cashed me out and I'm definitely going to stop by again. Looks like they spruced up their roster from the days of Bert. Although I'll always have great memories of Adrian there. Where did he end up? Anyone know?

Don’t see an Angelo on the Alpha site, would love to give him a try. Anyone know when he works? Is it the Alpha on 36th? 

On 1/11/2023 at 5:31 PM, sumdud13 said:

Does anyone know if royal or diego give good massages at alpha men's spa?

Diego is good with the massage, but 90 minutes was shorted by 20 minutes. Plus upfront he advised a 100% tip was required. At the end when no HE, I asked, and that would be more. No MT, that would be more. Head-spinning up-selling.

25 minutes ago, JayinHKNYC said:

Diego is good with the massage, but 90 minutes was shorted by 20 minutes. Plus upfront he advised a 100% tip was required. At the end when no HE, I asked, and that would be more. No MT, that would be more. Head-spinning up-selling.

This really annoys me, to say the least, as I have posted and replied about this kind of BS before! I don’t care who you are, or think you are, you don’t tell your clients that 100% tip is required, and then say it’s still more for each extra “service” beyond that 100% “requirement”! If that’s how he wants to work, then get out of the spa and go independent and do whatever you want, and If I want to give 100% I will, but“required?” BS, These guys need to be called out on this kind of behavior 🤬

His name is Andre, he is originally from Brazil (where they also use the version Andreas a lot due to Germans immigrating there) but he has lived the last few years in Italy where his name would be Andrea which is an extremely common male name over there (Andreina would be the female version).  In Italy we don’t use the s at the end of words therefore the original Greek name Andreas (from andros) becomes Andrea.  Which by the way is meant to be a men’s name but It is considered neutral or more female in most Anglo-Saxon countries .