Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

On 5/2/2022 at 2:40 AM, flashybread said:

Hi everyone. I was flipping through the thread for some recommendations but Having trouble deciding where to try. I’ve never went for a erotic massage and not sure what to expect? Is top men the place to go it seems?

Is it best to call and request? If someone goes beyond just the massage, am I expected to pay a ton of tip? I don’t have a ton of funds but I wanna try this out because I’m curious. 

I personally don't have any up to date information, but Utopia Spa has been consistently well reviewed. I've been there twice myself over the years and have been satisfied. Shangri-La was very good as well but I don't know if it's still open. 

Best to call for an appointment so you are sure a masseur is available when you arrive. 

Tipping should be in line with how much you liked the proceedings. But usually a 20 to 30 dollar tip is customary, or higher if you really loved it and are able to afford it. 

3 hours ago, RBENJI said:

FACTS.

That place (both locations) and it’s masseurs is so overhyped by some of these people. It definitely didn’t give what it was supposed to give.

billy porter sipping tea GIF by Pose FX

Unless I missed hearing about a reopening, there’s only 1 location and the facilities are quite nice. Certainly have had a few bad masseurs, but the vast majority have been quite good IMHO. 

3 hours ago, manmed said:

Your experience is based on your particular masseur. It may be premature for you to overgeneralize to the establishment.  I have had good, mediocre, and bad experiences, whether it be there or anywhere else.

Well his opinion should matter but you are right that experienced vary. You guys are making me hungry for some Asian meat.

3 hours ago, Wolfer said:

On 5/1/2022 at 8:40 PM, flashybread said:

Hi everyone. I was flipping through the thread for some recommendations but Having trouble deciding where to try. I’ve never went for a erotic massage and not sure what to expect? Is top men the place to go it seems?

Is it best to call and request? If someone goes beyond just the massage, am I expected to pay a ton of tip? I don’t have a ton of funds but I wanna try this out because I’m curious.

Top Men Spa closed last weekend

16 hours ago, manmed said:

Your experience is based on your particular masseur. It may be premature for you to overgeneralize to the establishment.  I have had good, mediocre, and bad experiences, whether it be there or anywhere else.

I would normally agree with you but everything about the experience- from my initial phone call to make a reservation, to arriving at what ultimately looked like a railroad college dorm that reeked of poppers and dr*gs, to the couldnt-be-bothered person at the front desk, to the laziest “massage” I’ve ever experienced, not to mention the gallon of oil I was doused in and then left in to clean off myself- the whole experience was an epic let down after so many glowing reviews here. But of course, all of that is just my one experience of this particular place and I accept that. Just keep your expectations low if that’s where you want to take your business. 

So I walked by Green House Spa on 14/6 earlier today and texted to see if they were open. I was informed that they moved to 122 W. 29th St. I don’t know if they operate under the same name or a new one but it might be worth checking out. I always thought of Green House as an undervalued spot in the city. Not the best but certainly ahead of many others that get a lot more attention. 

Anyone try out the new spot yet? 

Administrator’s Message:

Gentlemen, Please do not use this thread to ridicule another member. Posts that ignore our Guidelines will and have been removed. If you see a violation, report it.

Thanks,

Cooper

On 6/2/2022 at 10:54 PM, JckBNimble said:

I would normally agree with you but everything about the experience- from my initial phone call to make a reservation, to arriving at what ultimately looked like a railroad college dorm that reeked of poppers and dr*gs, to the couldnt-be-bothered person at the front desk, to the laziest “massage” I’ve ever experienced, not to mention the gallon of oil I was doused in and then left in to clean off myself- the whole experience was an epic let down after so many glowing reviews here. But of course, all of that is just my one experience of this particular place and I accept that. Just keep your expectations low if that’s where you want to take your business. 

Could you please share who did this “lazy massage “

so that people can avoid him. 
Thank you ! 

Crossed Grandee off my list a long time ago.  Tired old facilities, tip negotiators, dirty massage rooms with walls that don't go to ceiling and you can hear the loud employees in the hallways, and worst of all, the massages I had there were very frequently cut short by 10 min (I don't think I ever had a massage there that lasted the full hour).  

On 5/31/2022 at 4:49 PM, manmed said:

I was at 27 spa and saw this bottle blonde guy with a chain necklace on as I was leaving. Does anyone know who he is? The roster today Includes Fin, Mateo, Sebastian, (I've met the rest: Chad, Antonio Dmitri). 

Just tried Fin and would not repeat. Shoulder massage was good but the rest was not thorough, nearly 40 minutes just on the shoulders, no time for much else.
And it significantly lacked the interactivity I crave. 

Does anyone have recs at any of the Chelsea spas? In particular I’m curious about Super Men. It feels like no one goes there anymore! I haven’t gone since Adam left who was my go to so was just curious if anyone had recommendations especially similar to Adam. 

Thank you all so much for the awesome recommendations.  I haven't had a good massage since early 2020 so I'm excited.  

Right now, my options are

27 Spa: Antonio, Sergey, August (looks like Chad is not there anymore?)

Energy Spa: Jack

Alpha Spa: Bert

TSM: Adam

Hush: Jay

I can't decide between these, but looking forward to it once I do.

I also used to go to Why not years ago,  so immensely curious as to what happened.

2 hours ago, AR39 said:

Thank you all so much for the awesome recommendations.  I haven't had a good massage since early 2020 so I'm excited.  

Right now, my options are

27 Spa: Antonio, Sergey, August (looks like Chad is not there anymore?)

Energy Spa: Jack

Alpha Spa: Bert

TSM: Adam

Hush: Jay

I can't decide between these, but looking forward to it once I do.

I also used to go to Why not years ago,  so immensely curious as to what happened.

You may wanna skip Jay @ Hush (although he’s my regular now), PM me and I’ll tell you exactly why.

Greetings! I'm newish to the forum and wanted some advice. I will be traveling to NYC is just over a month and want to get a massage and have been reading the forums and have a general idea but this would be my first massage ever, ever and I had a few questions.  Most would probably me better suited for DM so if anyone is a NYC regular please feel free to DM me.

But some general questions, based on here there are some providers who seem to have good reviews, when I go to a place should I request someone specific or just who ever is available?

Also is it wise to make an appointment?  I will be doing mainly tourist type things but I will be making time but also dont want to waste a window of opportunity

Last I have seen some locations are open later and being that I will be seeing some shows is it ok to visit after a Broadway show lets out or should I stick to afternoon/early evenings?

Thanks

39 minutes ago, bennyshazz said:

Greetings! I'm newish to the forum and wanted some advice. I will be traveling to NYC is just over a month and want to get a massage and have been reading the forums and have a general idea but this would be my first massage ever, ever and I had a few questions.  Most would probably me better suited for DM so if anyone is a NYC regular please feel free to DM me.

But some general questions, based on here there are some providers who seem to have good reviews, when I go to a place should I request someone specific or just who ever is available?

Also is it wise to make an appointment?  I will be doing mainly tourist type things but I will be making time but also dont want to waste a window of opportunity

Last I have seen some locations are open later and being that I will be seeing some shows is it ok to visit after a Broadway show lets out or should I stick to afternoon/early evenings?

Thanks

I’ll PM you, sir. I’m always down to spill tea.

Cardi B Drink GIF by MOODMAN

On 4/18/2022 at 6:47 PM, Timothy said:

Out of all the men’s spa I’ve been to in NYC, Top Men Spa takes the cake, Times Square Men Spa a close second. Top Men Spa definitely has everything down to a t. From the impeccable hospitality provided by their manager, Lynn, the overall cleanliness of their establishment (not to mention the size of every room), and the quality of their masseuses. That being said, I’m not sure if I’ll be coming back anytime soon considering the very awkward session I just had. The guy I asked for was David. He’s super nice, very handsome, and a great masseuse (I remember this from the first time I had him) which is why I specifically asked for him by name because this was exactly what I needed— a good, relaxing massage. However, as we were approaching the last few minutes of our session, he abruptly stops and made a gesture above my mid area which confused the fuck out of me so I asked what he meant. He goes, “I massaged you before right? You didn’t tip me enough last time.” And mind you, this was for the minimum and nothing else. Their 1 hour massage is $85 and I gave him a $60 tip. Idk if there’s a certain tip etiquette that I wasn’t aware of but I thought what I gave was more than enough considering. I was truly taken aback when he said this and felt embarrassed. It left such a sour taste that I asked him he didn’t need to finish the session but he insisted. When my time was nearing its end, he went out to get a hot towel to wipe off the oil on my body which he basically half assed and asked if I wanted to finish cleaning up by myself and in my head I was like “damn” (lol). So f embarrassing so I was just like “it’s fine.” At this point, I just wanted to get the fuck out. But before he left the room, I made sure to ask how much he wanted me to tip him for our session straight up because clearly I don’t know shit and I don’t want to get it wrong the second time lol and he said I didn’t have to which I happily obliged because what the actual fuck did I just go through man? Now it all made sense how he seemed so disinterested from the get go. He was literally just putting his weight on me the first half of the session which confused me because that wasn’t how I remembered it. I thought he was just having an off day which I totally understand. Turns out, that wasn’t the case. And just to be clear, I’m not saying to avoid this place entirely. Otherwise I wouldn’t have said what I said in the beginning. In fact, I’m encouraging you to visit and experience what they have to offer! It’s one of the better men spas if not the best in NYC. Just be wary of David. 

Tim:  so sorry that happened to you at the Spa.  It should never have happened and I join the others in encouraging you to report the masseur who demanded a bigger tip and then did a sub-par massage. That happened to me once at a Spa in NYC but it wasn’t on the table, but afterward went to the front desk to check out.  The masseur said I was to pay a $30 minimum tip, for a 90min session. I asked him why since I had him before and he never said anything about the amount of my tip. We hashed it out then and there.  I was more disappointed than anything else.  I know these guys are trying to make a living but they won’t make as much as they could if they do not great their customers right. 

On 6/9/2022 at 12:53 AM, squirtowl said:

Does anyone have recs at any of the Chelsea spas? In particular I’m curious about Super Men. It feels like no one goes there anymore! I haven’t gone since Adam left who was my go to so was just curious if anyone had recommendations especially similar to Adam. 

Curious about Super Men as well. Adam was one of my favorites.  He was personable, funny and definitely knew how to push the limits.