MLB 2022 Baseball Season

Lucky

13 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

It is hardly ridiculous  Unvaccinated  # 1 tennis star Novak Djokovic is   not allowed to play in the US   Open next month

I meant it's ridiculous that 10 of the 26 man roster (38.5%) is unvaccinated.  No other team has had more than 4.  The Astros are the only team other than the Yanks who were able to take 100% of their roster.  Some NL teams, of course, don't go to Toronto this year.

It's being reported that the Yanks are no longer pursuing Benintendi or Taylor, since they have another series there in September and could meet them in the playoffs (if the underachieving Jays make it).

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

On 7/14/2022 at 7:34 PM, samhexum said:

Yeah, well we'll see if they get to take their full squad.  I know you'd like to imagine that if Harrison Bader is vaccinated, he got it in the tushy (each and every time).

Come on, man. Respectfully the second sentence is totally off topic. Harrison won a gold glove last year for his defense in the outfield for the Cardinals. He is not gay

Edited by WilliamM

The adorable Nolan Arenado will miss the All Star game with lower back soreness.  He'll spend the break in Philadelphia, being massaged by @WilliamM, as will Harrison Bader.

Starting RF Matt 'Two More Homers Than Gallo In Less Than 1/3 The Plate Appearances' Carpenter just did it again to put The Yanks ahead of Rafael Devers 4-1.

Barry Bonds and Babe Ruth would be jealous of Matt's .361/.471/.917 slash line after the latest shot.

4 innings later...

Another 3R HR for Matt 'Should I Be Tested For Steroids?' Carpenter, he of the .365/.472/.947 slash line.

Even later...

Carpenter walked with the bases loaded for his seventh RBI of the night, becoming the first Yankee since Joe DiMaggio in 1940 with multiple seven-RBI games in a season. He also is the second hitter in the modern era with to slug over 1.000 through his first 20 starts in a season after Barry Bonds.

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

The hubbie and I enjoyed the Padres game at Petco Park last night. The sold out game was against the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Padres won on a home run by...Luuuuuuuuuuuuke Voit! He's a former Yankee.

Unrelated to Voit's home run, a fireworks show after the game was great. Also unrelated to Voit's home run, another show before the game was great.  Arizona third baseman Josh Rojas decided to do his butt drills right in front of us. It was like watching Mark Dalton dance naked. Even though Rojas was clothed, it was quite entertaining.

On 7/16/2022 at 7:26 PM, samhexum said:

The adorable Nolan Arenado will miss the All Star game with lower back soreness.  He'll spend the break in Philadelphia, being massaged by @WilliamM, as will Harrison Bader.

Starting RF Matt 'Two More Homers Than Gallo In Less Than 1/3 The Plate Appearances' Carpenter just did it again to put The Yanks ahead of Rafael Devers 4-1.

Barry Bonds and Babe Ruth would be jealous of Matt's .361/.471/.917 slash line after the latest shot.

4 innings later...

Another 3R HR for Matt 'Should I Be Tested For Steroids?' Carpenter, he of the .365/.472/.947 slash line.

Even later...

Carpenter walked with the bases loaded for his seventh RBI of the night, becoming the first Yankee since Joe DiMaggio in 1940 with multiple seven-RBI games in a season. He also is the second hitter in the modern era with to slug over 1.000 through his first 20 starts in a season after Barry Bonds.

I see that Matt Carpenter played first base today

9 hours ago, WilliamM said:

I see that Matt Carpenter played first base today

I must say he has been incredible for the Yankees. What a pickup. In just 31 games he has 13 homers and 34 RBIs. If he had been with them since opening day he could easily have over 30 homers and 60 RBIs. His career highs in both are 36 homers and 84 RBIs. I'm surprised they haven't tried to sign him to a one or two year extension yet because with the DH now in both leagues there are plenty of teams that will be looking to sign him come this offseason if he keeps this up. 

19 hours ago, BuffaloKyle said:

I'm thinking Alonso wins his third home run derby tonight. I believe he has 7 home runs in 12 career games at Dodger Stadium so he can definitely hit it out there. My runner up pick is Soto.

No ThreePete. We were both wrong.

~Boomer~

The Nasty One proposed after the All Star game.

The 27-year-old Yankees pitcher broke the news to his 140,000 Instagram followers on Wednesday, sharing several pics of the week’s festivities alongside heartwarming photos of the two.

“All Star week made 2 of my dreams come true,” Cortes wrote. “Pitch in a all star game. And propose to my bestfriend. With my parents along my side. I had to make us official.”

With these magical moments both on and off the field now behind him, Cortes will look to add another ring to his collection with the Yankees in October.

MLB's Men's Hosiery Dept. is NOT starting the 2nd half well.

The Red Sox are trailing 25-3.  (in the 5th!)

The White Sox are losing 6-2.

It's a mixed bag for the Ornithological Dept.

The Orioles are losing by 4, as are the Cardinals, but the Blue Jays are the ones edging the Bosox.***

Most amazingly, in the middle of a massive heatwave, hell has frozen over...  Joey Gallo just homered.

*** The Jays have done all that damage with just 4 HRs & 4 2Bs. Through 5 innings, each of the 9 men in the lineup have at least 2 hits and 2 RBI.  All but one have driven in a run.

I CAN'T KEEP UP...  their 5th HR makes it 27-3 with no out in the 6th,  Still no position player pitching for the Sox.  Three men have 4 runs scored.  Two have 6 RBI (one has 5).

OY GEVALT! (google it)

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

On 7/14/2022 at 4:28 PM, WilliamM said:

St Louis is playing in Toronto next week.

And they won't have the adorable one or the favorite for NL MVP.

They won't be paid for the 2 games. 

Arenado will lose $384,416, Goldschmidt $241,758.

FOR TWO FUCKING GAMES!  And they won't even notice it.  🤑🤑🤑

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

8 minutes ago, samhexum said:

The two men will notice the St. Louis Cardinals.losing the National League Central by one game.

Nolan Aranado is an idiot. Sad

2 hours ago, samhexum said:

Calling a baseball player "the adorable one" especially one who is trying to start a family with his wife is "interesting."

On 7/17/2022 at 8:50 PM, Lucky said:

watching Mark Dalton dance naked

Speaking of interesting things...

Jasson Dominguez, Trey Sweeney, & Josh Breaux were all pulled from their games tonight.  Big Luis Castillo trade coming?

6 hours ago, WilliamM said:

Calling a baseball player "the adorable one" especially one who is trying to start a family with his wife is "interesting."

What does the adorable one and his beard 'wife' trying for a baby have to do with anything?

I'm sure he and his beard 'wife' will make adorable babies (as longs as the beard 'wife' is not a troll).

21 hours ago, samhexum said:

Paul Goldsmith said after talking to doctor the risk out weighed the pluses.

Comments

Rafael Nadal strongly disagrees

Yankees radio broadcaster Suzyn Waldman, MLB Network and Sirius XM Radio host Chris Russo were selected Monday for induction into the Radio Hall of Fame.

Waldman, 75, is in her 36th season covering or broadcasting the Yankees, her 18th as a radio color commentator. She was the first woman to become a fulltime MLB broadcaster.

"Suzyn has informed and entertained Yankees fans with precision and care for 36 years," the Yankees said in a statement. "This accomplishment is the deserved result of decades of hard work and dedication to her craft, and we would be remiss to not laud her professionalism and resolve while staring down countless obstacles as a pioneering woman in her field."

Russo, 62, nicknamed "Mad Dog," was hired by New York's WFAN in 1988 and gained notoriety as cohost of "Mike and the Mad Dog" with Mike Francesa from 1989-2008. Russo has been with Sirius XM since 2008 and the MLB Network since 2014.

Tampa's starting catcher is out for the year.

Zunino’s problem was first termed left shoulder inflammation. The team quickly thereafter revealed Zunino may be battling thoracic outlet syndrome, however. He received Botox treatment in hopes of remedying the issue without going under the knife, but that evidently proved unsuccessful.

QUESTION:  How would a smoother forehead have helped his condition?

🤪😁😜😇😝

Edited by samhexum

On 5/3/2022 at 10:55 AM, Lucky said:

Last night Giancarlo Stanton robbed Matt Chapman of a home run!

stanton.jpg

On 5/13/2022 at 12:42 AM, samhexum said:

In this recap of tonight's game, there is a video clip of his first homer of the game...  The still shot you see before you hit play shows his ass crack off so clearly it's like he's wearing see-through pants: (it's not the first pic you see, it's the first clip)  https://www.pinstripealley.com/2022/5/13/23069609/yankees-mlb-game-score-recap-white-sox-giancarlo-stanton-homers-aaron-judge

Stanton's on the 10 day IL with Achilles tendinitis.