MLB 2022 Baseball Season

Lucky

1 hour ago, purplekow said:

When the Mets, as expected, did not win a single game in Atlanta, that was it.  Sixty years of being a Met fan and I am not even bothering to watch the playoffs.  I will wait for next year and see just what new agony they can inflict on their fans.  

My sister (rabid Mets fan) and my brother-in-law (rabid Yankee fan, but roots for the Mets, too) will be at the game on Saturday. 

It will either be a very QUIET or very LOUD ride home if they lose.  She'll either stew in silence or curse out everyone associated with the organization...

whereas I am simply waiting to see in which round the Yankees stop hitting AND pitching and lose.  ( Of course, they'll never stop defending, not with Harrison Bader on the team, right @WilliamM? )

4 hours ago, samhexum said:

My sister (rabid Mets fan) and my brother-in-law (rabid Yankee fan, but roots for the Mets, too) will be at the game on Saturday. 

It will either be a very QUIET or very LOUD ride home if they lose.  She'll either stew in silence or curse out everyone associated with the organization...

whereas I am simply waiting to see in which round the Yankees stop hitting AND pitching and lose.  ( Of course, they'll never stop defending, not with Harrison Bader on the team, right @WilliamM? )

I was speaking to a friend and fellow Met fan just before the the Atlanta series and both he and I agreed that we would probably not watch the series after watching almost every other game during the season.  The inevitability of them being swept, even DeGrom and Scherzer cannot overcome the pact someone with the Mets made with the devil to win the 1986 World Series.  It has been 36 years since then and starting in 1987 there have been inevitable collapses.  Losing all four games in the Subway Series by one run, starting when a runner assumed a ball was a home run and it was not.  Kemp homering off Gooden in the Dodger series.  Matt Harvey convincing the manager to let him pitch the ninth in the series against Kansas City resulting in a game one loss.  A KC rally which included a bad throw to the plate in the same series.  The blown series against the Cardinals with the final out, Beltran, a strike out looking at a hanging curve ball .  Losing at 7.5 game lead against the Phils in the last 17 games.  The innumerable manager and GM hirings resulting in all sorts of embarrassing information coming out about the hire right after he signs the contract.  Even last year, first place through August with a substantial lead and a fold to finish third.  

60 years and you have the Miracle Mets of 1969 and the Bill Buckner Ball of 1986 and that is the extent of ;the legacy.  

So I will not be watching tomorrow and if by some change DeBrom does not get beat 2 to 1 on an error and a homer, I will not be watching Sunday.  

8 hours ago, purplekow said:

60 years as a Met Fan can do that.  At least I am not a Jet fan.  

Just got a smiling selfie from my sister at Citifield.  My b-i-l says they have an obnoxious Padres fan behind them and she & the guy have been going at it all night.

On 10/9/2022 at 10:20 PM, samhexum said:

Cal Raleigh Bubble Butt 🍑 Baseball Booty Compilation

23 hours ago, BabyBoomer said:

His nickname is BIG DUMPER.

I was so focused on his uniform pants that I didn’t even notice that this footage is all from when he was in college. He’s been a professional Dumper for a few years now.

The Phillies almost blew a 7-1 lead.  Seattle did blow a 7-1 lead. (fuck Yordan Alvarez!)

Of course, this is one of many, many times a team has overcome an 8-1 deficit then blown a 7-1 lead in their next game during the postseason. Very common.  Very, very common!

10 minutes ago, samhexum said:

The Phillies almost blew a 7-1 lead.  Seattle did blow a 7-1 lead. (fuck Yordan Alvarez!)

Of course, this is one of many, many times a team has overcome an 8-1 deficit then blown a 7-1 lead in their next game during the postseason. Very common.  Very, very common!

Calm down. What's with "fuck Yordan Alvarez,?

2 hours ago, samhexum said:

I hate and FEAR the Astros.

For as long as I remember (since 1950) the Yankees have been the most hated team in baseball. I watched the Yankees win the 1950 world series against the Phillies. The Phillies lost all four games. I lived imassachuetts then.

20 hours ago, WilliamM said:

I actually spending Thanksgiving in Bronxville, NY where Harrison's family lives.

Cute guy.

He played Little League ion Eastchester NY, one of my homes in the past.   They have his name on the field and his number 7 is hanging on the backstop

Edited by purplekow

On 8/26/2022 at 11:30 AM, samhexum said:

Yankee reliever Greg Weissert had a hilariously hideous debut last night.  Hilarious, because the Yanks led 13-1 at the time.

He's 27, from Long Island, grew up a Mets fan, and is the first Fordham University (Danny Aiello's nephew/ Yankee announcer Michael Kay's alma mater 2ish miles from the stadium) alum to play for the Yanks since 1946.

On 8/27/2022 at 5:49 AM, BSR said:

A balk??  The HBPs and walks are understandable given it was his major league debut, but a balk ... hooooooboy.  As disastrous as his first outing was, I still hope the poor guy gets a second chance

The Yankees announced their roster for the ALCS, with infielder Oswald Peraza, right-handers Frankie Montas and Greg Weissert as new additions from the ALDS. They will take the place of outfielder Aaron Hicks, who is done for the year, as well as utility player Marwin Gonzalez and left-hander Lucas Luetge. Also of note, infielder DJ LeMahieu and outfielder Andrew Benintendi, both out with injuries, have not been added.

Who approved this? South Brooklyn neighborhood mural has awkward letter placing

Rear view Who approved this? South Brooklyn mural has awkward letter placing

A mural plastered on the side of a Gowanus building attempted to celebrate the South Brooklyn neighborhood — but opening the garage door reveals an unfortunate mistake.