Men In Pearls

glutes

This is REALLY nothing new.  Take a quick gander at portraits of men done during the 16th, 17th, 18th, and the better part of the 19th centuries if you really want to see men weighed down with jewelry.  It was only during the late Victorian Era that men ceased wearing colorful clothing with tons of bling.

Edited by Epigonos

Given the pearl-clutching we see about tattoos, facial hair, piercing, texting, "over-used" words, the evolution of language, and [fill in the blank with more] it would seem everyone is wearing a strand or twelve.

Personally, I like it. Not sure I'd wear them, but that's because I don't like anything around my neck. 

36 minutes ago, rvwnsd said:

Given the pearl-clutching we see about tattoos, facial hair, piercing, texting, "over-used" words, the evolution of language, and [fill in the blank with more] it would seem everyone is wearing a strand or twelve.

Personally, I like it. Not sure I'd wear them, but that's because I don't like anything around my neck. 

The only think I like around my neck is a thick, black leather collar!

My point exactly Dr. Frued.

Wikipedia: A "pearl necklace" is slang for a sexual act in which a man ejaculates semen on or near the neck, chest, or breast of another person.[1] The term originates from the way the deposited semen resembles a necklace of translucent white pearls.[2][3]

image.jpeg.46e66db1a236e34ea6c9643fc4dc2545.jpeg

Edited by glutes

On 10/20/2021 at 10:03 AM, Epigonos said:

This is REALLY nothing new.  Take a quick gander at portraits of men done during the 16th, 17th, 18th, and the better part of the 19th centuries if you really want to see men weighed down with jewelry.  It was only during the late Victorian Era that men ceased wearing colorful clothing with tons of bling.

So?

It is new and surprising in the 20th and 21 centuries

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Phil_musc said:

Isn't this really just an upscale version of pukka shell necklaces from a number of years back? I like that this will give me something to clutch in times of stress and anxiety.

Yago-Taboas-Rivas952

Hot guys with pearls (especially if they have nice pecs and/or have a very good looking face) are extremely hot, especially if you are the person who bought them the pearl necklace.

Another male jewelry trend that is very hot is the 2 necklace combo - the shorter chain serving as almost a choker with the longer necklace to match and accentuate their chest. It's very sexy for some reason, at least in my opinion:

pearls-men-03.webp

Edited by curiousbynature12

On 10/20/2021 at 12:31 AM, glutes said:

Recently I've noticed some of my Colombian contacts (nod-nod wink-wink) wear strands of pearls. Now tonight I see a Houston Astro player wearing a nice strand.

Is this a new trend? 

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/pearl-jewelry-for-men/

YUCK!  at any stage, with any outfit, under any circumstances

On 10/20/2021 at 10:21 AM, Pensant said:

I think it looks good on younger guys, but not at my age. The only jewelry I wear is a nice watch. I also have sterling monogrammed belt buckles, if that counts.

On 10/20/2021 at 10:28 AM, rvwnsd said:

On 10/21/2021 at 8:27 PM, glutes said:

image.jpeg.104fea2e84b966ed575696024a09c944.jpeg

I've been saying for a long time now we need a vomit emoji!