FOODIES: What prepared or pre-packaged foods do you use?

samhexum

I have never been interested in cooking, so I have been lucky that for most of my adult life I have lived with men who liked to cook. Now that I am a fulltime caregiver for my husband, however, I have to do all the "cooking," which mostly means microwaving frozen dinners. My favorites are Stouffer's, Amy's, Michelangelo's,  Rao's, Lean Cuisine, Healthy Cuisine, and Trader Joe's, plus an occasional one-off kind.  I have a neighbor who loves to cook, and she often makes extra and offers it to me out of sympathy; I rarely turn anything down.

7 hours ago, ICTJOCK said:

Well I'm not much of a cook honestly.   Not because I don't have the talent,  but because I primarily choose to spend my time in other ways.   Not the best decision as I'm a fitness junkie and a proper diet is essential.    I do search for what I call "quick meals",  something like the "Healthy Choice",  "Lean Cuisine" and others that are easy to fix,  but sadly are very high in sodium.   I try and build a balanced meal from that.    I also like to use packets of tuna and other meats for sandwiches for lunch.     Really no complaints,  but  as far as prepping a large meal.  I can assist,  but doubt if I'd take the initiative.

Eating frozen meals leave me completely unsatisfied - I don't understand how anyone can make them a major part of their diet.  I

32 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

Eating frozen meals leave me completely unsatisfied - I don't understand how anyone can make them a major part of their diet. 

You're probably the type who'd be aghast at the thought of somebody who'd make fast food a major part of their diet.  😇😁😜😎😝

And I can only imagine your horror when you read @Charlie's earlier post:

Posted August 11, 2022

I love soup, but I have never made any. I have been addicted to Progresso, Campbell's and Amy's for years.

Edited by samhexum
for absolutely NO @%!*ing reason at all!

46 minutes ago, samhexum said:

You're probably the type who'd be aghast at the thought of somebody who'd make fast food a major part of their diet.  😇😁😜😎😝

And I can only imagine your horror when you read @Charlie's earlier post:

Posted August 11, 2022

I love soup, but I have never made any. I have been addicted to Progresso, Campbell's and Amy's for years.

I can tolerate Progresso, otherwise I make my own soups, albeit with canned broth unless I have some broth left over from a roast chicken.  Love navy bean soup and split pea soup.

7 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

I can tolerate Progresso, otherwise I make my own soups, albeit with canned broth unless I have some broth left over from a roast chicken.  Love navy bean soup and split pea soup.

I make an Italian white bean soup that is nothing but water, beans, rosemary and garlic.  It is great made with water, but chicken broth really perks it up

On 8/5/2023 at 12:15 PM, samhexum said:

Not aghast, but I don't eat it much - a sandwich from Subway or a burrito from Chipotle now and again.  The last time I can remember eating at the Golden Arches was about 8 years ago.  It's the same thing as eating frozen dinners - nothing satisfying about it.