How Did You Rinse Your Sinuses When You Were A Child?

Lucky
This topic is 1188 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I don’t, and never have. There seems to be a lot of advertising for these systems lately?

C8391-E43-B18-E-454-C-9438-48-BEE35-B53-B9.jpg

I bought one, tried it, and boxed it back up. Followed the instructions to the letter and all it did was create a wet mess on my bathroom vanity.

Not sure if this counts as rinsing my sinuses out but as a child I recall that drinking milk & laughing at the same time didn’t mix. It was always a hoot seeing the milk come out your nose. Thanks @Lucky for starting a thread that brought back this long forgotten childhood memory.

Not only is this post funny, but I now see it as clever! It could have been an appropriate reply to the question of milk as a child too!

I-am-thankful-for-laughter-except-when-milk-comes-out-of-my-nose..jpg

Garden hose. I had tough parents.

Wimps. Mine hooked up a firehose to the hydrant. Strapped me to a tree so the pressure wouldn’t blast me all and had at it full strength.

actually, I don’t remember EVER rinsing out my sinuses. The closest we came was vapor rub in a pan of boiling water with a tower over it. Head under the towel and breath deeply, but I think that was more for a chest cold?

Never as a child.

Never had sinus issues until I was in my 20’s.

Thankfully rare that I do get them, but when I do,

I start Sudafed and a twice daily routine of Afrin nasal

spray followed 5 minutes later by nasal irrigation with:

SinuPulse Amazon Link

Sometimes it’s horrifying the stuff that comes out.

The first time you use it it feels like your drowning.

You get used to it.

I also use the SinuPulse brand saline packets, but you can make

your own if money is an issue. Just make sure you add saline to the

water. I forgot once and gave myself wicked vertigo. Also make sure

you use warm (not hot) distilled water. Amoebas live in crappy tap water

and some people have given themselves brain eating infections.

Nowadays, I don’t even think about Antibiotics until I’ve followed my

routine for 1 week without improvement. It has dramatically decreased

my need for antibiotics.

YMMV.

Edited by nycman

Wimps. Mine hooked up a firehose to the hydrant. Strapped me to a tree so the pressure wouldn’t blast me all and had at it full strength.

actually, I don’t remember EVER rinsing out my sinuses. The closest we came was vapor rub in a pan of boiling water with a tower over it. Head under the towel and breath deeply, but I think that was more for a chest cold?

I had forgotten about the Vicks Vaporub that my mother used on me whenever I had a headcold.

I keep a supply of Vicks VapoRub. It's one of the "old reliables" that has survived the test of time. It really comes through for me in times of nasal or chest congestion.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7VedFskWXxUAdGYINN3tE-Mo_1jy9aKjtXQ&usqp=CAU

I didn’t as a child, but as an adult, I do often - with OUTSTANDING results.

I don’t use novage...it takes too long. I use a regular Neti pot heated in the microwave for 50 seconds