Armie Hammer

TruthBTold

I did not like him in Call Me By Your Name only because he was too old to play the character. I guess I should have waited for reasons. Who knows if they are true or not. If there is an inkling I would imagine the police would become involved pretty damn quick. So I will wait to pass any judgment as well I should. Actually not really all that interested unless the allegations are of a criminal nature. Otherwise they become complaints between two parties.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/armie-hammer-dropped-wme-wake-003251140.html

I did not like him in Call Me By Your Name only because he was too old to play the character.

I totally agree - Armie Hammer appeared to be much older than 25 in CMBYN and was totally miscast (Armie was 31 when the movie was shot). More importantly I did not sense any chemistry between him and the beautiful Timothée Chalamet. Armie's character arrives one day, plays volleyball shirtless, dances wildly with the girls, and suddenly he's lying seductively in the meadow with the teenage son of his mentor. A more accomplished (and nuanced) actor like Nicholas Hoult (one of my faves since A Single Man) could have created a bit more sexual tension and have avoided some of the "pedo-feel" that some have suggested with Armie. It was a good movie and the final scene, with Timothée staring tearfully into the fireplace while the credits rolled (I'm guessing a lot of us have had similar experiences?) was superb. Wondering if Armie's cannibalism fantasies may affect his participation in CMBYN Part Deux.

Edited by JayCeeKy

Bill Maher complains and complains about the cancel culture and then goes on and on about these allegations, on his show last week. That's BS.

I don't see a reason why these personal fantasies would have been brought forward, no matter how quirky. Did he ever hurt anyone? What is the motive for spreading this around?

I don't believe any of it.

I don't see a reason why these personal fantasies would have been brought forward, no matter how quirky.

It's my understanding that Armie Hammer did more than have fantasies. Apparently he put his fantasies in the form or requests to various women - one of whom he told he'd "like to break my rib and barbecue and eat it."

Per The Toronto Sun:

The news comes weeks after one ex-lover, Paige Lorenze, told The Kyle and Jackie O Show in Australia that Hammer allegedly wanted to remove one of her ribs and eat it.

“He asked me on multiple occasions to remove my ribs,” she said. “He wanted to find a doctor in L.A. to, like, remove the ribs that I don’t need. And he wanted to, like, he has a smoker at his house in L.A. and he wanted to smoke it and eat it (sic)… He would always say, ‘I wonder what it tastes like, I bet it tastes good’.”

Another ex, Courtney Vucekovich, told Daily Mail.com in an exclusive interview that the Call Me By Your Name star was into “master-slave fetishes” and allegedly told her he wanted to break and eat her ribs.

His former GF is also alleging that Hammer was "abusive and manipulative."

I agree with you that one's personal fantasies are nobody's business and the absurdity of the requests suggests to me that he likely was joking (bad joking). I still think that Armie was miscast in CMBYN as he looked much older than the supposed 25, and lacked chemistry with his co-star. Other than that, I have no idea whether the allegations are true or not. Apparently some Hollywood big shots have been spooked by the rumors since he was dropped from two movies as well as by his long time Talent Agency. I would doubt that the CMBYN producers would risk inserting him into a movie about forbidden love esp when he's being accused of wanting to barbecue and eat his lovers. Unless, of course, the sequel has a Hannibal Lector subplot.

Armie Hammer

Armie Hammer appeared to be much older than 25 in CMBYN and was totally miscast

I thought I read somewhere that he's said he's not doing any more shirtless scenes in his movies.

He said that in an interview in 2012. Then he does CMBYN. Go figure.

Bill Maher complains and complains about the cancel culture and then goes on and on about these allegations, on his show last week. That's BS. I don't see a reason why these personal fantasies would have been brought forward, no matter how quirky. Did he ever hurt anyone? What is the motive for spreading this around? I don't believe any of it.

It's my understanding that Armie Hammer did more than have fantasies. Apparently he put his fantasies in the form or requests to various women - one of whom he told he'd "like to break my rib and barbecue and eat it."

He should just join the cast of CBS' CLARICE.

f your going to talk about casting in Call Me By Your Name Michael Stuhlbarg was overlooked as the father. The performance when he came out to his son was extraordinary.

Absolutely. Every father of a teenager entering puberty should be required to memorize Prof. Samuel Perlman's advice to his son.

From Wikipedia:

Perlman's consoling speech given to his son in the film was described by Huffington Post writer Nell Minow as being "one of the most moving scenes ever filmed."

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, OCClient said:

There are plenty of working actors.  Why shame someone for having a job?

It briefly became a story in 2018 when the actor who played Elvin on THE COSBY SHOW was spotted working bagging groceries at a NJ Trader Joe's.

7 hours ago, WilliamM said:

After all, it is the freaking New York Post

Supposedly Robert Downey Jr. has been giving him money to survive.

But that's according to the freaking New York Post

39 minutes ago, samhexum said:

It briefly became a story in 2018 when the actor who played Elvin on THE COSBY SHOW was spotted working bagging groceries at a NJ Trader Joe's.

Supposedly Robert Downey Jr. has been giving him money to survive.

But that's according to the freaking New York Post

Point is, someone bagging groceries is not really news.

Performers mature and often find no more opportunities.  

Why should we invade their private lives?

I mentioned the movie Sweet Smell of Success in another gossip thread, how we might not want to trust a lot of entertainment gossip news.  That's my view of the Armie Hammer scandal. 

Why did these people suddenly gang up on him?  Why now? Why did the news so easily coordinate the scandal.  What launched the initiative to screw A.H. with such awful publicity.  

A lot of slimey people.

Anyone with the Netflix DVD option, check out Sweet Smell of Success.

spacer.png

• 10 months later...

Update!

iPPBWusnMWEc9rpKrBrL85-1200-80.jpg
WWW.MYIMPERFECTLIFE.COM

After his fall from grace, you may be wondering, where is Armie Hammer now? Here is the latest on the disgraced former Hollywood star

Memory lane!

If he was gay... I'm sure he'd be considered slightly kinky for today's standards. 

12 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

I would love a little choke-sex with Armie.

😉

But seems like he only enjoys abusing women.

😢

I hate to say this but considering how easy is for a guy to get laid and moved on to the next woman... I wouldn't be surprised if many women would keep up with someone as hot as he is. 

Anon sex? Having men come over and breed your partner turns him on? Is Armie gay and doesn't know it? 

6 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

Update!

iPPBWusnMWEc9rpKrBrL85-1200-80.jpg
WWW.MYIMPERFECTLIFE.COM

After his fall from grace, you may be wondering, where is Armie Hammer now? Here is the latest on the disgraced former Hollywood star

Memory lane!

If he was gay... I'm sure he'd be considered slightly kinky for today's standards. 

going a bit off-topic and just making an observation:  what a dumb article that was......very little new about him mentioned and it ends up with an ad (disguised as article text) for utterly unrelated movies on Netflix!!!......there are so many of these sleazy "articles" by internet writers who are really only pimping a product or service.......

28 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

going a bit off-topic and just making an observation:  what a dumb article that was......very little new about him mentioned and it ends up with an ad (disguised as article text) for utterly unrelated movies on Netflix!!!......there are so many of these sleazy "articles" by internet writers who are really only pimping a product or service.......

Yes, it was as bad as an infomercial

48 minutes ago, azdr0710 said:

Prosecutors in Los Angeles County said that there was insufficient evidence to charge “The Social Network” actor in the 2021 allegations.

Glad to know some courtrooms still require EVIDENCE.

Sadly Danny Masterson was not so lucky today and was found guilty of date rape based on nothing more than a few accusations (and an association with the weirdo Christian Science church.)

10 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Sadly Danny Masterson was not so lucky today and was found guilty of date rape based on nothing more than a few accusations (and an association with the weirdo Christian Science church.)

First you say you go to Queens for great Koran food, now you mix up Scientology with Christian Science.

What great childhood religious trauma is causing these lapses?

17 minutes ago, samhexum said:

First you say you go to Queens for great Koran food, now you mix up Scientology with Christian Science.

What can I say.

Sometimes I misspell words and sometimes I mix up the weirdo religious cults.

Either way I find it comforting to know that mere accusation doesn't always put horny men in jail.