Happy New Year!

Pensant
This topic is 1178 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night our time I saw someone in New Zealand retweet a 'Thank God 2019 is over' tweet that they had posted a year ago, noting that five minutes into 2021 it was looking OK. It took me aback, thinking after 2020 why could you think back to 2019. I then realised that they had just had the fatal White Island/Whakaari eruption days before and 2019 was the year Christchurch happened. As bad as last year has been for most of us, not everyone might think it was the worst. We can all, however hope that 2021 is better and strive to make it so.

Last night our time I saw someone in New Zealand retweet a 'Thank God 2019 is over' tweet that they had posted a year ago, noting that five minutes into 2021 it was looking OK. It took me aback, thinking after 2020 why could you think back to 2019. I then realised that they had just had the fatal White Island/Whakaari eruption days before and 2019 was the year Christchurch happened. As bad as last year has been for most of us, not everyone might think it was the worst. We can all, however hope that 2021 is better and strive to make it so.

And of course, New Zealand has had excellent leadership. As a result, they have handled the pandemic as well as any country on earth. The life there in 2020, for most of the year, was changed but not unrecognizable from the past, as it has been here in the US.

And of course, New Zealand has had excellent leadership. As a result, they have handled the pandemic as well as any country on earth. The life there in 2020, for most of the year, was changed but not unrecognizable from the past, as it has been here in the US.

And I wouldn't for a moment suggest that this was not part of the reason 2020 may not seem so bad for them. Still, they had a reasonably strict lock-down for some weeks.