Straight Blue collar labor

studchaser
This topic is 1257 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s was great of you to help your friend. You know good and well that’s not what we’re talking about here.

We’re also not talking about destitute, or homeless or crack addicts or whatever other fantasies you have rolling around in your head. We’re talking about someone who claims to be straight and may live a straight lifestyle who is looking for sex for money because he’s out of work right now. Why are you taking it to the extreme?

We’re also not talking about destitute, or homeless or crack addicts or whatever other fantasies you have rolling around in your head. We’re talking about someone who claims to be straight and may live a straight lifestyle who is looking for sex for money because he’s out of work right now. Why are you taking it to the extreme?

It’s called ‘reductio ad absurdem’.

Your understanding of "destitute" suggests an enviable lifestyle. For most, being in need of food/rent money due to being out of work, would qualify as being destitute.

Do we extend the argument to include, for example, all the guys on Seeking Arrangements who have variations of "straight but broke and desperate" in their ads?

I'm not trying to trivialize or dismiss the question. When you aren't creating the circumstances of their situation, and they are the ones who have taken that first step, at what point is it exploitation?

How is it any different than asking guys on Grindr if they are looking for generous guys?

That and Rent Men, friend boy, are where I meet 95% of my guys. Once in a while, someone will have a friend or cousin who wants to try it out and make a few bucks.

You'll probably really blow a gasket when you learn I'm also a top. Lol

I think the onus is on the employed to determine where they will and will not labor for their money, regardless of whether they are destitute or not.

To suggest that sex work is exploitative by nature on a board dedicated to the act is ... willfully ignorant? Not in good taste?

Exploiting people by driving them to do anything when they would not otherwise do it is offensive. Sex work, by necessity, should be done only by the willing. Anything otherwise is a form of rape. The people being discussed at length don't meet my criteria for "coercion". They enter into the bargain willingly when other avenues exist. And as discussed in points across the thread, there's no way for you to verify "how" coerced they are in the matter. You don't live inside their head. The only thing you can do is enter honestly into the agreement.

There are some very high horses being ridden on this thread...and that this conversation is happening on a site devoted to the world's oldest profession is just plain silly.

Every person who accepts $$ for a sexual act is, explicitly, making it clear that he would not engage in that act if it were not for the money. Us customers are, in that sense, using our money to convince men to do something that they otherwise wouldn't do. To be clear, forcing someone into sex through threat of violence or blackmail or something of that sort is wrong, just as it is wrong to engage with those who because of age, mental state, or intoxication lack the capacity to make the choice. But if a sober adult decides that sucking a dick is an easier way to earn $100 than working the night shift at Walmart, that is their choice.

Most of the guys of whom we speak are probably somewhere along the sexual spectrum and are wrestling with their own internalized homophobia. Maintaining the charade that they were "forced to" allows them to fool themselves and maintain the "straight" persona but still get their rocks off; they still have the ability to blame their financial desperation rather than their own sexual need/curiosity.

A few years back I was with a beautiful latin man from Washington Heights who showed me pics of him with his wife and children and spent a lot of time explaining that he was straight but needed the cash. After the encounter I worried that I might be "exploiting" the guy, so I didn't call him again. Ironically, he started pestering me about another encounter.

Edited by tenderloin

A few years back I was with a beautiful latin man from Washington Heights who showed me pics of him with his wife and children and spent a lot of time explaining that he was straight but needed the cash. After the encounter I worried that I might be "exploiting" the guy, so I didn't call him again. Ironically, he started pestering me about another encounter.

please give me his number! Thanks!

Ironically, he started pestering me about another encounter.

Almost all of the "professed straight" guys I have had over, hit me up asking to come over again. I think they find it an easy and enjoyable way to make some cash although several have been lazy want to play videogames all day instead of working full job. Many of the guys in their 20s nowadays do not have the homophobia our generation had. I also find many of the ones I have met have done things with girlfriends like her using a toy on him and he liked it so bottoming with a guy is new but not totally foreign.

hot homeless guys? thats disgusting. if an adult is offered financial gain for an act and that person agrees then i really dont think there is an argument or a position here. as long as the adult is free thinking, lucid and understands the pros and cons then whats the big deal? how many people gave them selves up on the casting couch to get ahead? many.... many did not.

This topic is 1257 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.