Gray sweatpants?

KrisParr
This topic is 1335 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Great article on gq.com if you have a subscription- don’t think I can post it, sorry. Well worth a read if you can find it. Brings back memories of basketball practice in the high school gym after school - “manhood” outlines galore. Oh, my. Maybe we need a Gallery thread, eh Marylander?

How Gray Sweatpants Became the Unofficial Symbol of Fall Horniness

Believe this may be the article:

https://autopresse.eu/how-grey-sweatpants-became-the-unofficial-symbol-of-fall-horniness-autopresse-eu/

For me, sweatpants are just sloppy indoors wear. I wouldn‘t wear it out of the house. I don‘t even have any, except tight fitting trackpants that i wear at the gym. I‘m hoping you guys can prove me wrong!

https://autopresse.eu/how-grey-sweatpants-became-the-unofficial-symbol-of-fall-horniness-autopresse-eu/

For me, sweatpants are just sloppy indoors wear. I wouldn‘t wear it out of the house. I don‘t even have any, except tight fitting trackpants that i wear at the gym. I‘m hoping you guys can prove me wrong!

Yes, that’s the article. Thanks for posting!

Whoever wrote that article doesn’t have a clue about grammar.

The article sounded to me like a writer at GQ who had a deadline to turn in something, anything, for the magazine on Friday and didn't start thinking about it until late Wednesday.

“Once I see somebody in sweatpants, it’s like they both haven’t any should be presentable in anyway, or they’re so cool and assured they’re simply sporting what makes them comfy,” says Alex Gorosh... "

Deep thought, indeed.

I'm wondering if this autopresse.eu "portal" for various magazine articles (?) has trouble translating/transcribing......(or if the computer program does it - and no real human even reviews it)....of course, we'd need to see the original GQ copy to check

5Pd.gif

Edited by azdr0710

I'm wondering if this autopresse.eu "portal" for various magazine articles (?) has trouble translating/transcribing......(or if the computer program does it - and no real human even reviews it)....of course, we'd need to see the original GQ copy to check

5Pd.gif

The GQ article does not contain the grammatical oops. Here’s a sample paragraph:

“Katz has grasped perhaps the most alluring detail of grey sweatpants: their sexiness is unexpected—and, at its best, un-self-aware. There are certain garments that are harbingers of overt seduction: women in a La Perla bra, he says, or a gay man in a jock strap. But the quotidian, mundane nature of grey sweats — who amongst us doesn’t own a pair? — adds to their accidental eroticism.“

One of my favorite words: quotidian — I try to use it at least 7 times a week.

The GQ article does not contain the grammatical oops. Here’s a sample paragraph:

“Katz has grasped perhaps the most alluring detail of grey sweatpants: their sexiness is unexpected—and, at its best, un-self-aware. There are certain garments that are harbingers of overt seduction: women in a La Perla bra, he says, or a gay man in a jock strap. But the quotidian, mundane nature of grey sweats — who amongst us doesn’t own a pair? — adds to their accidental eroticism.“

One of my favorite words: quotidian — I try to use it at least 7 times a week.

TIL. (Today I Learned)