Would you go out with a trans man?

This topic is 1340 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The pictures here are of beautiful men. I can’t deny that. My issue isn’t their outward appearance. It’s all the other incumbent matters related to being in a committed relationship with a transman.

Please don’t misunderstand me. I am sure that there are countless and in numerable transmen who are responsible about all sorts of things and are mentally balanced. I’m just not prepared to go through the trial phase of learning that for someone else who is trans in dating. I’d rather avoid it all together having gone through a living hell with such a relationship already.

I'm really enjoying the conversation around trans issues. I've been interested in the trans community for quite some time now having known both trans women and trans men. The first thing I'd like to point out is "it" is a highly offensive term! Please use their preferred gender pronouns or "they/them"

One of the biggest challenges I see in meeting/dating a trans man is getting past the anger/animosity they can sometimes feel towards a CIS male. Often times they feel they're being "objectified" or "fetishized". Which is understandable given their situation and their relationship with gay society overall. Fortunately I think things are changing as people become more educated and meet trans people.

I've recently become friends with a young trans guy I met on Grindr. Unfortunately for me he's not sexually interested probably because of my age, a whole thread we should probably talk about. Ageism. Anyway he told me he was going to a mens only gay campground for the first time and was really excited. Aside from his scars from top surgery he is a sexy furry otter twink and no one would be the wiser. But I knew the owners, who are conservatives and can sometimes be anti-trans, and anti-woman, and I was really worried. So much so that I reached out to my straight friend who works there and asked him if it would be an issue. He told me no, as long as it says male on his drivers licenses he's welcomed. My friend had an amazing weekend there and I was so relieved. It was a leather weekend and he even got into some bondage suspension!

I would with the right guy - It waoou

I get lots of daily hits on my seeking arrangements account. Normally, I would ignore a response from someone in his early 20s, and my profile clearly says 24-39, but this guy looked handsome, so I thought I'd look at what he said. He said he responded to me even though he was outside my requested age range because my profile indicated I'm "trans friendly." I told him that being together with a trans man is an ultimate fantasy of mine, that I thought he was a "diamond in a haystack," and that I was absolutely thrilled he responded to me. We've since exchange e-mails and graduated to texts.

I told him I thought there would be other men like me who would do anything to be with a man like him, but he said every time he told someone he's trans, that the other man lost interest. So I'm wondering if I'm really that unusual in having a thing for trans men. Of course, the selfish part of me would love that to be the case, because I'd like there to be less competition. But of course, I feel bad for him. He seems to have a supportive family. Are there any of you who would also love to go out with a trans man? Or maybe it's just we two who are meant for each other?

I wouldn't want to "go out" with a trans man because I'm not looking for romance. I would like to have sex with a transman because it allow me to act on a compelling fantasy I have -fucking a man with a vagina.

Of course I would, given that I was attracted to him and we were compatible to an acceptable degree I don't see why I wouldn't.

I think one person's negative experience with someone with other issues not related to being trans isn't really being fair to a whole world of people, but that's just my opinion.

Be that as it may, as someone who was into bodybuilding in college and befriended and dated bodybuilders in the past, use and abuse of exogenous testosterone and its effects on a man is not something I'm a stranger to or entirely turned off by.

I'm back. So I thought the discussion was about dating trans men or intimate with trans met. Sorry if I'm wrong. Yes, there are psychological issues for those going through the transition, but was that the topic. Not wanting to sound unfeeling, and someone will say I am, but I was responding to the question I guess.

I prefer a functioning thing, particularly if I'm paying

I'm 100% with you. I thought you didn't understand the question because of the "particularly if I'm paying" portion of your post.

Yes, there are psychological issues for those going through the transition, but was that the topic. Not wanting to sound unfeeling, and someone will say I am, but I was responding to the question I guess.

Psychological issues are an important factor when dating, and that's probably why it surfaced in this conversation.

Rudynate said:

I would like to have sex with a transman because it allow me to act on a compelling fantasy I have -fucking a man with a vagina.

@Rudynate, you say that, you'll be rejected on the spot.

Say what and he'll be rejected? That he has a fantasy of fucking a man with a vagina? I did tell the man in question that I "appreciated his unique qualities," and I assume he understood what I meant by that, although it's possible he's had "bottom surgery," since I wouldn't bring up unless he volunteered that info. Why would someone be horrifically offended about someone being turned on by his particular equipment? I think I've previously discussed a 25 year-old who drives 70 miles to see me without charging anything and has texted me that I "have one of the best dicks I have ever tried." Why would I be offended by that? If I can get men to flock to me because of something I was just born with, good for me. I would think that a trans man could deduce that someone who's especially interested in trans men would be giving them points for the vagina. Was it just the words Rudynate used that they would find offensive?

Say what and he'll be rejected? That he has a fantasy of fucking a man with a vagina?

Yes. @Woofiecmh made a truly good remark.

Often times they feel they're being "objectified" or "fetishized". Which is understandable given their situation and their relationship with gay society overall.

I would think that a trans man could deduce that someone who's especially interested in trans men would be giving them points for the vagina.

That's not how it works for the most part. Most of them will see that as an offense for many different reasons. I've been close to the Trans community and know this for a fact. It's great that you've had a great experience with one but it's a mistake to generalize. Everyone is a different universe.

Was it just the words Rudynate used that they would find offensive?

I did not find anything he said offensive, but they might. I just pointed out a fact that applies to most TransMen when they find out you just want to f*ck (being fetishized). Yes, they are the receptive part during intercourse but for that to happen there are many many things that have to be in place before, not only the other guy having a hard cock that he wants to stick in a hole. It's really complicated.

Edited by orville

I'm curious whether both the mental and physical challenges of life AS a trans person are actually less difficult than the psychological challenges faced prior to the transition.

I have heard that some aspects get better post-transition, such as those related to gender dysphoria and to certain societal "pressures/judgments," assuming the person can pass as cis gender.

But the transition can bring its own challenges, such as living with the consequences of infertility stemming from a pre-puberty male-to-female transition that prevented the testicles from developing and, consequently, no sperm could be frozen before the transition. Adults transitioning later in life might also need to live with the infertility problem if they have bottom surgery without first freezing sperm. But people who transition early might struggle with that more if they eventually feel that they did not have enough information to make decisions concerning fertility at a young age, or that they were not mature enough to make those decisions. So some of them wish they had delayed the transition by a few years so that they could preserve the option of having biological children.

I'm curious whether both the mental and physical challenges of life AS a trans person are actually less difficult than the psychological challenges faced prior to the transition.

Well, those who undergo transition have a lower suicide rate than trans people who can't, so on that measure alone it seems to be "better." That's my argument when people say "well we shouldn't alter the body to treat a psychological issue." At the present time, affirmation surgery IS the most successful treatment. So one doesn't even really need to understand or "approve of" someone's decision to undergo the process, the data shows it's lifesaving.

• 2 weeks later...

I would date a trans man. But I feel like my type is human and over 18. I haven't had sex with any trans men post surgery - but I don't know any that want the surgery. Guys with a pussy. It's simple. More holes to play with, they can top just as well as cis-men, they make for great fisting tops especially if you are new to it, and because of the boxes they live outside of their perspective is keen and valuable.

Gender is a spectrum, and as society continues to learn and accept that the only reason we are a man or woman is because we say so, I think people are more comfortable in the skin they were born with. Honestly, it bugs me that as a species humans have been stalling on progress since men took over - as the idea of gender is removed from the existence of or desire for genitalia, I see a more Star Trek future...but hopefully not run by a mostly white male congress like Star Trek or America so far ?