2021 Palm Springs Weekend

Oliver
This topic is 1112 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The best laid plans....unfortunately my dog Bubba has been ill for awhile. He has a tumor called a chemocytoma which is a slow growing cancer near the heart. Its location causes him to go into heart failure and have his abdomen fill up with fluid. He needs to have the fluid drained every three weeks. I thought I could convince myself to leave him with a good friend or a relative, both of whom he knows. As time has grown closer, he has worsened and I am not sure he will make it through the week I was planning on being away. So unfortunately, I have cancelled my plans to attend. I hope you all have a great time. This is the second time I have had a last minute illness derail my plans to attend. The last time I was the one that was hospitalized.

With the fluid removal, this will be the fourth time, Bubba usually bounces back, but like a rubber ball, each subsequent bounce is not as high and not as strong.

I will be thinking of you.

More disheartening for some, I have told Vin Marco, that I have had to cancel our plans to spend the weekend together as he planned to accompany me to each of the festivities. Sorry guys.

I'm so sorry and your presence will be sourly missed! A big hug and kiss to Bubba, I hope he manages to bounce back even higher than the last time. ❤

sorry to say I now won't make it this year....I'm fully vaccinated and all that, but a couple things came up here at home this weekend and I need to be here.......if anybody goes hiking, say hey to the shirtless county fireman we saw a couple years ago!........

thanks to Oliver and Epigonos for all their work.....

sorry to say I now won't make it this year....I'm fully vaccinated and all that, but a couple things came up here at home this weekend and I need to be here.......if anybody goes hiking, say hey to the shirtless county fireman we saw a couple years ago!........

Sorry to hear this.

It doesn't seem like this special event is upon us, for it's quite difficult to think how time escapes us. If all is right for me in 2022, I hope to be part of this event that has occurred for a few years now.

Everyone enjoy and do report back so that those of us who were unable to partake can do so vicariously.

Edited by Axiom2001

That's a shame, but maybe we'll catch up next year...

Darn, we will miss you!

I'm bummed we won't get to see you. We'll miss you, hope to see you next year!

Rob

That sucks, you're the only one who appreciates @Robster and my jokes!