2021 Palm Springs Weekend

Oliver
This topic is 1129 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I live alone so I usually order a pizza to bring home for dinner. I order the smallest one I can with sausage, mushroom and anchovies. If I don't eat it all for dinner, which is usually the case, I eat what's left over cold for breakfast. I love cold pizza for breakfast -- I know I'm weird.

I LOVE cold pizza the next day!

Super Junior it is kind of hit and miss. At the Canyon Club and INNdulge many of the guests staying at those two hotels will be participants. The easiest answer is simply ask. I taught in a public high school for over thirty years and at the beginning of each school year we had to wear name tags -- I hate the fucking things. At Trio prior to the dinner almost all of the participants meet in the bar and most of us approach anyone we don't know and ask. I, for example, am easy to spot, I'm ten years older than god, I'm bald and I wear glasses.

[uSER=8020]@Just Sayin'[/uSER] - No, no name tags are used. Here is a suggestion from a prior years post. Some attendees are creative and have a custom t-shirt made with their forum name screen printed. If you are staying at Inndulge or Canyon Club everyone is friendly and if you mingle you may quickly find guests in Palm Springs meeting with friends for a dinner on Saturday and a pool gathering on Sunday.

[uSER=8020]@Just Sayin'[/uSER] - No, no name tags are used. Here is a suggestion from a prior years post. Some attendees are creative and have a custom t-shirt made with their forum name screen printed. If you are staying at Inndulge or Canyon Club everyone is friendly and if you mingle you may quickly find guests in Palm Springs meeting with friends for a dinner on Saturday and a pool gathering on Sunday.

I wonder if my T-shirt might send the wrong signal if I use my forum name: "I'm Easy..." ;):). Just sayin'

I went to dinner in a restaurant for the first time last night, and even though it was a Thursday and the restaurants have been open for only two days, there were lines waiting to get in, and lots of Hollywood/Beverly Hills types. There were also some hunky servers.

Was anyone wearing a mask? Any COVID precautions?

Was anyone wearing a mask? Any COVID precautions?

No one was allowed in without a mask, including on the outside patio dining, and we were asked to use hand sanitizer when we entered. Tables had been removed to allow more space between dining parties. Employees wore masks and gloves at all times. The menus were printed on paper and were used as placemats that were destroyed after use.

While dining out with daughter and husband this past week, all places required face masks while there except when at your table. Some used paper menus, but several used the code scanner and bar code reader on one's phone. Employees wore masks and gloves. All was outside dining (the change did not go into effect until Wednesday). And everywhere was jammed!

While dining out with daughter and husband this past week, all places required face masks while there except when at your table. Some used paper menus, but several used the code scanner and bar code reader on one's phone. Employees wore masks and gloves. All was outside dining (the change did not go into effect until Wednesday). And everywhere was jammed!

I have not eaten in a restaurant in a year. Miss the experience.

Desparado I, being weird, love anchovies. I especially love them on pizza. However, absolutely nothing could, under any circumstance, make me like deviled eggs. They are disgusting especially the rubbery white part.

I luv them on pizza too. Have you ever tried making a pasta dish with them? You saute the anchovies in garlic & oil, crushed red pepper and then put it over spaghetti. The anchovies are dissolved and I find it a nice dish for those in favor of anchovies.

I luv them on pizza too. Have you ever tried making a pasta dish with them? You saute the anchovies in garlic & oil, crushed red pepper and then put it over spaghetti. The anchovies are dissolved and I find it a nice dish for those in favor of anchovies.

Yes, they lend themselves to a variety of pasta sauces such as aglio ed olio or puttanesca, not to mention traditional caesar salad.

not to mention traditional caesar salad.

That’s often disputed. Caesar in Tijuana did not use anchovy in his original creation. There is a hint of anchovy in the Worcestershire sauce he used....that got later expanded into anchovy added to the salad. Julia Child confirms this in one of her books, I can’t remember which one.

I hate fish in general (and feel cheated for not eating it). Anchovies are used in a lot of Italian cooking. Lidia B. uses them in a lot of her spaghetti dishes. She claims that they add a depth to the dishes, sort of like a meat flavor.

I hate fish in general (and feel cheated for not eating it). Anchovies are used in a lot of Italian cooking. Lidia B. uses them in a lot of her spaghetti dishes. She claims that they add a depth to the dishes, sort of like a meat flavor.

Yup... I add it to tomato-based pasta sauce. A squirt of anchovy paste while sauteeing the onions and garlic in olive oil, before deglazing with a bit of wine, adds extra depth and umami flavour.

CuriousByNatur, I make all of my own sauces. I find marinara too bland for my taste so I make a puttanesca as my basic red (tomato) sauce. My recipe call for imported Italian canned tomatoes, anchovies, sliced stuffed green olives, pitted sliced kalamata olives, capers, basil, and red pepper flakes. The anchovies are essential and the sauce has tons of flavor.

CuriousByNatur, I make all of my own sauces. I find marinara too bland for my taste so I make a puttanesca as my basic red (tomato) sauce. My recipe call for imported Italian canned tomatoes, anchovies, sliced stuffed green olives, pitted sliced kalamata olives, capers, basil, and red pepper flakes. The anchovies are essential and the sauce has tons of flavor.