Nude beaches

Herring Cove Beach in Provincetown can vary. US Park rangers occasionally patrol and give citations for being nude. Guys keep suits handy and shout alerts when they come by. Does anyone know how it has been this unusual summer?

Lady Jane Beach near Watson's Bay, Sydney

Yes, that is one, and close by there is an iconic seafood restaurant, Doyles. I remember years ago telling my mother (who had spent time in Sydney in the late 40s) that I had gone to 'a little seafood restaurant' in Watson's Bay and she collapsed (figuratively) in envy, 'Ohhh, Doyles!'. God rest her soul.

On the north of the harbour there is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obelisk_Beach .

Yes, that is one, and close by there is an iconic seafood restaurant, Doyles. I remember years ago telling my mother (who had spent time in Sydney in the late 40s) that I had gone to 'a little seafood restaurant' in Watson's Bay and she collapsed (figuratively) in envy, 'Ohhh, Doyles!'. God rest her soul.

On the north of the harbour there is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obelisk_Beach .

Obelisk? That's pretty subtle for an Aussie ... haha

when visiting Sydney is again possible, you'll have "always the finest catch" at Doyle's.....drop in after a visit to Watson's Bay and Lady Jane Beach!....and put some damn clothes on first!

https://www.doyles.com.au/

Edited by azdr0710

We took the D or B tain

I love the beach. I live 10 minutes biking from Brighton Beach in Brooklyn, and getting there and biking on the boardwalk in the morning is my cardio exercise, together with a stop sunbathing by the sea and a dip in the ocean when it's sunny and beautiful.

In 15 minutes by car I go to Riis Beach, which it's of course nicer than Brighton Beach.

First of all, even if one section is definitely 90% gay, Riis beach is NOT a nude beach. You can see some G-strings, you can see topless women, but no nude. You can actually be fined and arrested if you sunbathe nude there, it has happened!

When the weather calls for it, I usually arrive there by 8:30/9 am, and I LOVE it. Veeeery few people. During the week by Noon it becomes busy but still bearable for my lonely taste. On week ends, usually max by noon I leave because it starts to be packed. And I am allergic to loud music and loud people on a beach (and anywhere else...).

The big building behind the beach it's indeed derelict and abandoned now. It used to be a hospital for young TBC patients until the 1950s, then a old age nursing home until 1998.

As far as I know, Sandy Hook's Gunnison Beach (NJ) is the only official nude beach around NYC, of course with its own gay section.

@queensboroboy and @RealAvalon

We took the B or D train to Brighton Beach on days off early 70's...Always stopped for a knish and a soda...The old ladies always tried to feed us fruit or sandwiches. For a better time we too the E train to the end of Zone 1 and then the bus to Riis Park. I had sex with my BF on the sand under a sheet.....Good Old Days..The train ride home was awful..hot and sandy....getting off at Christopher Street was a good cruising time....I was invited to shower many times,,,,

when visiting Sydney is again possible, you'll have "always the finest catch" at Doyle's.....drop in after a visit to Watson's Bay and Lady Jane Beach!....and put some damn clothes on first!

I remember having lunch at Watson's Bay, around Christmas 1998, but it was a pub .

Sadly, it was my third time in Australia and so far my last

Edited by WilliamM

Doyle's isn't a three star Michelin restaurant or anything like that, it's just a place that does great seafood. In my days in the military it was the sort of place we would take visiting international military visitors when we needed to host them.

As an aside, one time we had some high level US defence officials visiting, and we were told that no official hospitality was appropriate. On the day, it became clear that the advice we had was wrong. We took them to a pub with a blackboard menu, and we bought bottles of wine to go with the meal and they loved it.

Up until the 2009 Station Fire, this place in the San Gabriel Mountains was a male nudist delight, and paradise for fucking.

https://listings.cruisingforsex.com/united-states/california/los-angeles-metro/angeles-national-forest-3-details.html#lastpost

Fucking the Military guys at The Beach in San Onofre was quite a treat until it closed down.

https://listings.cruisingforsex.com/united-states/california/san-diego-metro/san-onofre-state-beach-23807-details.html

Edited by Rod Hagen

What? Been there. There were a lot of young Hawaiians surfing (a lot of fun watching them practice) no nudity of any kind. When was this?

What?? Admittedly I haven't been in a few years, but I've been many times and it was always a nude beach. Even the user reviews on TripAdvisor mention nudity when describing visits as recently as March 2020. I do not ask this to start a flame war, but are you sure you were at "Little Beach" on Maui? It's south of Wailea, past the hotels and homes in Makena, more formally called Makena State Park. You walk down the trail from the parking lot and arrive at Big Beach, then keep walking to the right, climb over the lava flow, and you arrive at Little Beach. Keep walking to the far end for the gay section, which backs up to what one of my friends always referred to as the "Enchanted Forest".

"While state park regulations prohibit nudity, Little Beach continues to be one of HawaiʻI's foremost nudist beaches. If public nudity offends you, you may want to reconsider visiting this beach."

http://hawaiibeachsafety.com/maui/makena-state-park

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g609129-d629046-Reviews-Little_Beach-Wailea_Maui_Hawaii.html#REVIEWS

Edited by db66

What?? Admittedly I haven't been in a few years, but I've been many times and it was always a nude beach. Even the user reviews on TripAdvisor mention nudity when describing visits as recently as March 2020. I do not ask this to start a flame war, but are you sure you were at "Little Beach" on Maui? It's south of Wailea, past the hotels and homes in Makena, more formally called Makena State Park. You walk down the trail from the parking lot and arrive at Big Beach, then keep walking to the right, climb over the lava flow, and you arrive at Little Beach. Keep walking to the far end for the gay section, which backs up to what one of my friends always referred to as the "Enchanted Forest".

"While state park regulations prohibit nudity, Little Beach continues to be one of HawaiʻI's foremost nudist beaches. If public nudity offends you, you may want to reconsider visiting this beach."

http://hawaiibeachsafety.com/maui/makena-state-park

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g609129-d629046-Reviews-Little_Beach-Wailea_Maui_Hawaii.html#REVIEWS

Yes, that was the beach we were at a few times. Maybe we caught in at a non-off day. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

I think that’s the River Plate [uSER=3916]@xafnndapp[/uSER].

Colonia del Sacramento is a nice day-trip from Buenos Aires, and I guess you could spend a quiet weekend there. I didn’t know there was any gay scene locally.

Certainly, all the social action, glamour and beautiful ocean-beaches are to be found further from Montevideo, with various resorts coming under the heading of Punta del Este.

I think that’s the River Plate [uSER=3916]@xafnndapp[/uSER].

Colonia del Sacramento is a nice day-trip from Buenos Aires, and I guess you could spend a quiet weekend there. I didn’t know there was any gay scene locally.

Certainly, all the social action, glamour and beautiful ocean-beaches are to be found further from Montevideo, with various resorts coming under the heading of Punta del Este.

On the news report (in Spanish) it says it's close to the airport and there aren't many neighbours around. I only posted it because it seems there are a few Uruguayan members/aficionados on the Forum.

Edited by RealAvalon

• 1 year later...

I've been naked at the following nude beaches:

Haulover Beach, Miami, Florida

Lady Bay Beach, Sydney, Australia

Wreck Beach, Vancouver, Canada

Baker Beach, San Francisco, California

Little Bay Beach, Maui, Hawaii

Little Meagan's Bay Beach, St Thomas, USVI

Hanlan's Point Beach, Toronto, Canada

Orient Bay, St Martin

Cupecoy Beach, St Maarten

Plage de Saline, St Barthelemy

Half Moon Cay (Holland America's private beach, only clothing optional when chartered by a gay cruise)

And random private beaches south of Puerto Vallarta

Of those I visited so far, Little Bay Beach and Cupecoy Beach were my favorites

Edited by Vegas_nw1982

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 7:40 AM, Vegas_Millennial said:

I've been naked at the following nude beaches:

Orient Bay, St Martin

Half Moon Cay (Holland America's private beach, only clothing optional when chartered by a gay cruise)

Of those I visited so far, Little Bay Beach and Cupecoy Beach were my favorites

I'm in Hawaii (Oahu) right now and just visited Polo Beach and wanted to add that to this list.  Little Bay Beach in Maui is still my favorite.

Polo Beach, Oahu, Hawaii

Orient Bay, St Martin