Forum Friendships

Caliboy95
This topic is 1427 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. It usually starts with a PM about a common interest or similar story. Back-and-forth chat ensues, then a "Hey, gonna be in your town next week. Got time for a beer or coffee?"

There's the Palm Spgs forum weekend, too, of course!

Same here! I've met a number of folks from the board that way; though I've never been to Palm Springs. Used to meet up in Montreal and NYC with those who expressed a shared interest in the strip clubs. Met up with some people for a Swinging Richards trip a few years ago.

Sure. I have met many forum mates. And some are great friends, going back many years. We plan outings, lunch/dinner meet-ups when travel schedules coincide, and even vacation adventures. I expect to enjoy some forum friendships for the rest of our lives. I don't hobby much anymore, but even when I completely exit the world of hiring, I want to maintain these friendships.

It is a diverse community of talented people, which became my surprise bonus when I began hobbying 20 years ago.

If we're lucky - we will all meet in 2021

God willing!

Like others I have met a number of forum members at various functions (DC and PSP), many are people I look forward to seeing again when the plague is over. Are they friends? Perhaps not to the full extent of the word. There are, however, a small number that I like to think are real friends. One I tweeted that we needed to meet for lunch again and got a Shit Yeah response (not in as many words). Separately, three of us spent a fortnight travelling in Aotearoa/New Zealand and parted on friendly terms, so I'm sure that counts! But not just them. The sad part is, I don't know when the pandemic will allow any of us to travel across the Pacific, or when I would feel comfortable travelling to the US.

As much as I love my brothers and cousins, this hobby will not ever be a discussion at a family supper. Having a set of men with like-minded recreational goals, and the camaraderie I've found meeting people in this group, have proven invaluable as ever. As we all face the uncertain future of these activities, having the sounding board of friends is a comfort.

I have met several good friends through this site, and one special friend, who has become an integral part of my social life for many years. Is your curiosity prompted by a desire to meet some of the people on this site? Many members are open to private messages or "conversations" (see the envelope in the bar at top next to your name), which is a way to initiate a connection. If they block messages, it probably means that they are members who prefer to "keep a low profile," as you say. Most of the time, members would be more open to meeting someone who has maintained an active presence on here for a fairly long time.

A very resounding YES!!!!!

Nearly twenty years ago I attended, with great trepidation, a dinner arranged through this site at a West Hollywood restaurant. I had never attended and open or relatively open gay gathering. There I met Oliver who has become one of my very best friends. Even though he lives in the Midwest and I live on the West Coast we usually speak by phone, at least, once every couple of weeks. I act as his chief cook and bottle washer for the Palm Springs Weekend and he has joined me on two separate occasions in Puerto Vallarta. This is a friendship that I treasure.

Jawjatech has become a dear friend even though compared to my age he is still wearing diapers. He has been a guest in my home and we will hopefully spend a week in Puerto Vallarta in November.

Azrd0710 has also become a valued friend. We have spent several fun evening together at the Los Angeles Adonis Nude events.

I have been fortunate to share numerous meals with SFWestcoaster. I don’t see him all that often but I consider him a valued friend.

I could continue naming guys ad infinitum but I think you all get the idea.

Edited by Epigonos

I am a relatively new participant of the Forum and have enjoyed the dialog amongst like-minded men. As "pdxleo" stated above, it's not easy to have conversations of this sort with most of my friends; I've love to get together with guys in the DC area for drinks, meals, and open conversations on activities of mutual interest.

I am a relatively new participant of the Forum and have enjoyed the dialog amongst like-minded men. As "pdxleo" stated above, it's not easy to have conversations of this sort with most of my friends; I've love to get together with guys in the DC area for drinks, meals, and open conversations on activities of mutual interest.

Nearly twenty years ago I attended, with great trepidation, a dinner arranged through this site at a West Hollywood restaurant. I had never attended and open or relatively open gay gathering. There I met Oliver who has become one of my very best friends. Even though he lives in the Midwest and I live on the West Coast we usually speak by phone, at least, once every couple of weeks. I act as his chief cook and bottle washer for the Palm Springs Weekend and he has joined by on two separate occasions in Puerto Vallarta. This is a friendship that I treasure.

Jawjatech has become a dear friend even though compared to my age he is still wearing diapers. He has been a guest in my home and we will hopefully spend a week in Puerto Vallarta in November.

Azrd0710 has also become a valued friend. We have spent several fun evening together at the Los Angeles Adonis Nude events.

I have been fortunate to share numerous meals with SFWestcoaster. I don’t see him all that often but I consider him a valued friend.

I could continue naming guys ad infinitum but think you all get the idea.

@Epigonos you and I met for lunch once and I’d love to do it again when restaurants are “normal”

FYI to the forum we are both first degree carnivores.

Nearly twenty years ago I attended, with great trepidation, a dinner arranged through this site at a West Hollywood restaurant. I had never attended and open or relatively open gay gathering. There I met Oliver who has become one of my very best friends. Even though he lives in the Midwest and I live on the West Coast we usually speak by phone, at least, once every couple of weeks. I act as his chief cook and bottle washer for the Palm Springs Weekend and he has joined by on two separate occasions in Puerto Vallarta. This is a friendship that I treasure.

I could continue naming guys ad infinitum but think you all get the idea.

@Epigonos you and I met for lunch once and I’d love to do it again when restaurants are “normal”

FYI to the forum we are both first degree carnivores.