411 on IvyLeagueHungVrs

Guest RexB

Would be great to hear about it and re-focus this thread!

Agreed. His pricing scheme provoked a lot of reaction, and it's clear most of us wouldn't hire him at those rates. Then we had the whole back and forth over his education. All of that is based on what's in his ad or quoted from an initial exchange. The more interesting (to me) info would be from someone who met (in person or via cam/stream) the guy.

Would be great to hear about it and re-focus this thread!

There isn’t a whole much to say about him in particular. Except for the formally active member of this board who did a cam session with him, nobody else we know has done any kind of interaction with him that we can report about except for texting.

Wharton or wherever – if school is about academics, you can get a good, solid education at a state school; if school is about prestige and connections, then you’re going to need to shell out daddy’s cash or incur a shitton of debt to go to Harvard, Yale, Brown, Columbia, Penn, etc. Ivy League doesn’t necessarily mean a better education. A good student will learn wherever. And a bad student will be bad wherever.

Wharton or wherever – if school is about academics, you can get a good, solid education at a state school; if school is about prestige and connections, then you’re going to need to shell out daddy’s cash or incur a shitton of debt to go to Harvard, Yale, Brown, Columbia, Penn, etc. Ivy League doesn’t necessarily mean a better education. A good student will learn wherever. And a bad student will be bad wherever.

This is an overbroad statement. It is true that good students who apply themselves can get as much from their college experience as students do at Ivy League schools. And there are some exceptional State Universities, and some that are exceptional in certain areas or fields. However, the faculty at the Ivies are uniformly among the top in their fields, the schools all have tremendous resources for research (libraries, science facilities), enroll students who are at the top of their classes in secondary school, and in a whole manner of other ways offer a generally more rigorous and exceptional education than other colleges and universities. The brightest stars from other schools may measure equally or even better than the brightest from the Ivies, but the great majority of Ivy graduates are better educated than the great majority at most other schools.

It is also true that coming from money and being connected is a huge advantage for getting admitted to the most competitive schools, and that merit has less to do with the admission in those cases. But that's not how the vast majority of students get into the Ivies. They do so by being at the top of their HS class, having a breadth of experience, testing well, doing laudable and interesting things outside of school, being among the best at their extracurricular pursuits, etc.

I've talked to him. Looked at his site where his different time/charges are listed. It's reasonable with talent of his caliber. In fairness his rates may discourage the one hour in my hotel room guys, but them most quality people do the same. He comes across as confident but not cocky. I'm going to see him later in the summer. Cut him some slack.

I've talked to him. Looked at his site where his different time/charges are listed. It's reasonable with talent of his caliber. In fairness his rates may discourage the one hour in my hotel room guys, but them most quality people do the same. He comes across as confident but not cocky. I'm going to see him later in the summer. Cut him some slack.

In defense of the "one hour in my hotel room" guys, I was often one of them. Here's why: Only hired when I traveled, and found it much more palatable to host at my hotel where I knew the sheets were clean, vis-a-vis wherever the service provider stayed, sometimes sharing a room with another, sometimes with the bed still unmade after whoever was there before me. As for time, I prefer longer too. But on a handful of occasions with a new provider, despite the set up communications, the man who showed up and I didn't click for one reason or another. So I learned to default to a one hour appt for a first meeting with an offer to go longer if we hit it off. Worked well for me in meeting "quality people" and often seemed to be appreciated by the provider too, given that I was an unknown to him as well.

In defense of the "one hour in my hotel room" guys, I was often one of them. Here's why: Only hired when I traveled, and found it much more palatable to host at my hotel where I knew the sheets were clean, vis-a-vis wherever the service provider stayed, sometimes sharing a room with another, sometimes with the bed still unmade after whoever was there before me. As for time, I prefer longer too. But on a handful of occasions with a new provider, despite the set up communications, the man who showed up and I didn't click for one reason or another. So I learned to default to a one hour appt for a first meeting with an offer to go longer if we hit it off. Worked well for me in meeting "quality people" and often seemed to be appreciated by the provider too, given that I was an unknown to him as well.

You make a very good point. Maybe I am just lucky, but all the bad experiences I have had, were short. Hosting? I agree completely, I want it in my hotel where I can control the cleanliness and the situation if need be, I have to say, the scammers are usually apparent before you ever get to a meeting. Now there are some old pictures and great photography, but after a few texts, the scammers are obvious. At least that has been my experience.

You make a very good point. Maybe I am just lucky, but all the bad experiences I have had, were short. Hosting? I agree completely, I want it in my hotel where I can control the cleanliness and the situation if need be, I have to say, the scammers are usually apparent before you ever get to a meeting. Now there are some old pictures and great photography, but after a few texts, the scammers are obvious. At least that has been my experience.

We're basically on the same page. I can think of just 3 times when I would book a shorter session if i had a do over, so hardly a pandemic, lol. Still, I changed my behavior. And probably got better at vetting.

Edited by adventurous old guy

We're basically on the same page. I can think of just 3 times when I would book a shorter session if i had a do over, so hardly a pandemic, lol. Still, I changed my behavior. And probably got better at vetting.

Edited by adventurous old guy

I've texted with him as well. Per his profile he'll be visiting my city later this summer and I'm tempted to pull the trigger as well. FWIW he did receive another positive review on RM recently by what seems like a legitimate regular user and real client.

• 1 month later...

i'm in love.this man is everything.

I met up with him and he was a lot of fun! I was turned off initially by the high a la carte pricing and fees but I saw him on grindr recently and when we talked there he was much cooler and quickly agreed to a fair price.

We had a great time and he's a sweet guy. Definitely a repeat. ;)