Forum upgrade

Reisr30
This topic is 1469 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is anyone else having and issue seeing the emojis display on posts (e.g. like a post, applause etc)?

It's 5:30 PM, Sunday, May 17, 2020, and I am having problems with the emojis. I click on "Like," and it doesn't post. ...wrecked my enjoying the photos in the wonderful, wonderful "GALLERY," one of my favorite forums.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the weekend the system was upgraded to the latest and greatest version of the forum software.

It turned out that we upgraded to a new major version. Several of the 3rd party plugins need to be upgraded to their latest and greatest versions to support the new version. We're currently navigating the hoops involved.

The good news is that most of them are upgradable; in particular the Trophies and Content Ratings upgrades should be the easy ones and hopefully be back soon.

The bad news is the the cool "M4M NewGen" theme is no longer supported so we'll need to find a responsive replacement.

More GN/BN to follow...

Edited by Guy Fawkes

Over the weekend the system was upgraded to the latest and greatest version of the forum software.

It turned out that we upgraded to a new major version. Several of the 3rd party plugins need to be upgraded to their latest and greatest versions to support the new version. We're currently navigating the hoops involved.

The good news is that most of them are upgradable; in particular the Trophies and Content Ratings upgrades should be the easy ones and hopefully be back soon.

The bad news is the the cool "M4M NewGen" theme is no longer supported so we'll need to find a responsive replacement.

More GN/BN to follow...

Nice job. Everything looks great! Thanks for keeping us fresh

edited to add: now I see the library of emojis sprawled across the bottom of every post. A bit of an unsightly visual distraction

Edited by PapaTony

the "like" formatting and counter for each post concern I mentioned upthread now seems fixed......however, I can't tell if it was me who "like"d the post as I was able to do before

EDIT: I now see "remove" over to the right in posts that I "like"d, so that's the clue the "like" is from me

Edited by azdr0710

Nice job. Everything looks great! Thanks for keeping us fresh

edited to add: now I see the library of emojis sprawled across the bottom of every post. A bit of an unsightly visual distraction

I love the way they automatically appear and disappear.

I'm beyond impressed by the upgrade. It is easy to navigate and easy on the eyes. The only adjustment I, as a lay-person, would make is reducing the size of the comment icons, and perhaps grouping them along the bottom boarder of the posting range. Their current size and placement kind of encroaches upon the posting texts. But, again, that's just me.

I'm beyond impressed by the upgrade. It is easy to navigate and easy on the eyes. The only adjustment I, as a lay-person, would make is reducing the size of the comment icons, and perhaps grouping them along the bottom boarder of the posting range. Their current size and placement kind of encroaches upon the posting texts. But, again, that's just me.

I agree. Totally impressed with the new layout, but I think the icon layout will create unintended reactions, especially when using a touchscreen and scrolling through the comments. If you accidentally touch an icon while scrolling it registers that reaction without any confirmation needed. I’ve already done it twice. Other than that, ?

This topic is 1469 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.