How to make a mask from an old T-shirt

Old Blue
This topic is 1489 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to Top Sellers on Amazon you can drop to Health Supplies where the top mask deals are every day.

50 for 5 bucks shipped right now:

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Personal-Protection-Dust-Proof-Spittle/dp/B085Y4HYKR/ref=zg_bs_hpc_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4QRGH8ZTVMA2851ET54Y

Update: I got an email from Amazon these shipped 30 minutes after purchase.

61uK2n7hW%2BL._AC_SL1219_.jpg

Now $23.99, delivery May 27-June 17.

The first masks are just fabric, i.e. similar to t-shirt fabric, and the last ones are medical use, similar to N95, hence the simulation of sneeze does not pass to the other side. i would definitely not risk using a t-shirt mask. THERE IS A REASON WHY T-SHIRTS ARE BREATHABLE SO WE CAN WEAR THEM AND FEEL FRESH. I would not put a price to my life and would buy any medical masks I can find on Amazon even if they cost $10. How much is your life’s worth?

You should not buy any medical masks. Those are for health workers.

I had Amazon accept an order for these. Then, it mysteriously disappeared from my list of orders? Further investigation said “order canceled“ even though I never canceled it ??‍♂️

That is one of the reasons why I hate buying things online instead of going to a store.

That is one of the reasons why I hate buying things online instead of going to a store.

Understood, and I have many friends and family members that would agree with you. I’d say my issues with Amazon orders are about 1 in 500? And with a couple exceptions the return policy is easy.

Also, I’ve received at least 6-7 Whole Foods orders delivered to my door since lockdown. Works great ?? The shopper is in touch with me via text during the process, asking for approval for substitutions or not.

Get it as soon as Sunday, May 17 - Wednesday, May 20 if you choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. :mad:

lucky you!!.......

Well, I bought them last Friday when they changed the recommendation on wearing masks in public settings. It was arriving tomorrow, I just got the UPS notice, the shipment is arriving today.

If you go to Top Sellers on Amazon you can drop to Health Supplies where the top mask deals are every day.

50 for 5 bucks shipped right now:

https://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Personal-Protection-Dust-Proof-Spittle/dp/B085Y4HYKR/ref=zg_bs_hpc_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4QRGH8ZTVMA2851ET54Y

Update: I got an email from Amazon these shipped 30 minutes after purchase.

61uK2n7hW%2BL._AC_SL1219_.jpg

Has anyone actually received these masks ordered from this source? I ordered them on April 7, and have not received them.

The delivery date keeps getting pushed forward, but no masks. Even tracking them is vague.

Has anyone actually received these masks ordered from this source? I ordered them on April 7, and have not received them.

The delivery date keeps getting pushed forward, but no masks. Even tracking them is vague.

Of course if they never come Amazon is easy to get an instant refund. I haven't received any of the ones I ordered 50 for $5 but I'm giving another week since they're from China. If not, refund. I have received a few others more expensive. Strangely, I've found ebay cheaper and more reliable on CV-related stuff.