First to HIRE after the apocalypse???

TooSchoolForCool
This topic is 948 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In Chicago, the virus is under control, and I'll do another hire by end of the month. RM Chicago ads are nearly up to normal as well (at least 10 pages).

Anyone see a reverse trend in Florida, California, or Texas?

But a lot of those ads are from guys visiting from places, or have been traveling to place, where the virus is still a problem. Proceed with caution.

In Chicago, the virus is under control, and I'll do another hire by end of the month. RM Chicago ads are nearly up to normal as well (at least 10 pages).

But a lot of those ads are from guys visiting from places, or have been traveling to place, where the virus is still a problem. Proceed with caution.

RM ads have always been pretty full for Chicago though I was checking more to see who was pausing their ads during COVID. I am not sure Chicago have the virus under control. We were down into the 600s a couple of weeks ago and back into the 800s last week. Today is a fluke at 614 probably.

Now that I am officially not going to London, I'm not sure who will be my first hire after this ends. I told my guy in London, I want to come out as soon as this ends but who knows when Americans will be allowed back to the UK without a quarantine. Might have to settle for a stateside regular first.

Guest MikeThomas

RM ads have always been pretty full for Chicago though I was checking more to see who was pausing their ads during COVID. I am not sure Chicago have the virus under control. We were down into the 600s a couple of weeks ago and back into the 800s last week. Today is a fluke at 614 probably.

The Chicago surge is coming. Very little meaningful mask wearing in my part of town. No mask enforcement on the buses. My fellow Chicagoans are a bunch of selfish prick covidiots when it comes to doing their part to fight this virus.

The Chicago surge is coming. Very little meaningful mask wearing in my part of town. No mask enforcement on the buses. My fellow Chicagoans are a bunch of selfish prick covidiots when it comes to doing their part to fight this virus.

Not very many mask wearers as I walked to my gym today. I guess that they figure it is "outside" but it was also on the L. I want to see how they act when the mayor starts closing things down. She is a woman who generally means business.

Not very many mask wearers as I walked to my gym today. I guess that they figure it is "outside" but it was also on the L. I want to see how they act when the mayor starts closing things down. She is a woman who generally means business.

How are gyms allowed to still be open in the States?

In London they have been closed for the last 3 months with no date yet set for them to reopen. We only had in the last few days some restaurants reopen with the very strictest conditions. A large proportion of the population still preferring to isolate rather than tempt fate when clearly there are still some nationwide flare ups.

It's hard to think of a better environment than a gym for the virus to lurk unhindered apart from perhaps meat packing plants and saunas.

How are gyms allowed to still be open in the States?

In London they have been closed for the last 3 months with no date yet set for them to reopen. We only had in the last few days some restaurants reopen with the very strictest conditions. A large proportion of the population still preferring to isolate rather than tempt fate when clearly there are still some nationwide flare ups.

It's hard to think of a better environment than a gym for the virus to lurk unhindered apart from perhaps meat packing plants and saunas.

I apologize. I should not have called it a gym. I see a private trainer and there may be 2 trainers and 2 clients at any one time. I think that is still considered a gym here. But on the walk there I am surprised that almost none of the people walking are wearing masks. That is not to say that regular gyms are not open also but just less people being seen but much more than mine.

I apologize. I should not have called it a gym. I see a private trainer and there may be 2 trainers and 2 clients at any one time. I think that is still considered a gym here. But on the walk there I am surprised that almost none of the people walking are wearing masks. That is not to say that regular gyms are not open also but just less people being seen but much more than mine.

Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense. London is allowing something similar if just a couple of people involved.

Hard to gauge the percentage wearing masks here - maybe 30 or 40% are wearing them when out and about. Most do on public transport.

24 hrs are open in Texas. Limited capacity. Have to make a reservation. You only get an hour. The gym closes for 30 min while the employees wipe everything down before the next reservations. Machines are spaced out. Showers, pools are closed. Masks are required but not everyone is using them. Out of 20 or so I'll see maybe 3 not wearing them. Anyone doing cardio are not wearing them but will once they get off.

24 hrs are open in Texas. Limited capacity. Have to make a reservation. You only get an hour. The gym closes for 30 min while the employees wipe everything down before the next reservations. Machines are spaced out. Showers, pools are closed. Masks are required but not everyone is using them. Out of 20 or so I'll see maybe 3 not wearing them. Anyone doing cardio are not wearing them but will once they get off.

Same. Same exact protocol and setup for gyms here and I'm guessing for all worldwide.

Guest MikeThomas

Equinox is open here in Chicago. I feel safer in the gym than outside on the crowded sidewalks. (1) you have to pre-book a limited time slot, (2) sign online health dec prior to arrival, (3) temperature check before entering, (4) towels are handed out at the desk, not available on the floor, (5) water fountains are only for filling water bottles, (6) lots of constant cleaning, (7) not very crowded, (8) masks required...everyone...so far is using them.

Where about in the city are you? I am up in Edgewater and see many people wearing masks. I am quite afraid to take the "L". Even in normal times, it was a petri dish!

I've been avoiding CTA but thought people were adhering to the mask policy. I see quite a few people with masks on though on certain days not as many. I think the entire country is full of selfish covidiots but I had kind of thought that Chicago was doing a bit better. Damn!

Where about in the city are you? I am up in Edgewater and see many people wearing masks. I am quite afraid to take the "L". Even in normal times, it was a petri dish!

My small gym is near west (Huron and Orleans). Is that River North? I can take the Brown Line which at the time I need to use it has few people on it. Certainly much better than the Red Line as all of the stations are outside. I try to sit near the doors for air (silly I know) and because I am in Printers Row (near Harold Washington Library) I do not have very far to go.