Travel post COVID-19

jonnychgo
This topic is 1511 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Yes! YES! When we get some indication from public health authorities that it is OK (as you said, who knows how that will occur?), I will beat a path to the airport. After cancelling a trip I had scheduled for this past weekend, I have 6-8 trips partly or fully lined up for the rest of the year - sometimes just a hotel, sometimes hotel plus flight, all fully cancellable. I have some money invested in the flights -- not a ton -- and none in the hotel reservations. I am nearly certain the first of them won't happen, and I'm not sure about the second or the third. But once it's OK to travel, I am going to take every damn one of those trips and maybe more.

Oh, yes indeed. Jonesing for Wailea, Maui. Going to start checking their website to see if I can get a good deal on the Four Seasons again. Already have a travel cert for airfare. Just hoping they will let me use it to book travel dates after the expiration date of the cert, so long as i book it before it expires. I got if for canceling a trip almost a year ago. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hate to lose over a grand.

I've recently turned my mind to this very question, and my initial thoughts were that I would do just that. Part of it is because a unit reunion is now planned for November in NOLA, but in part because I have a substantial airline credit to use by December 2021. But I'm a long way from booking anything that isn't cancellable or fully refundable.

Where is your prefered sex vacation spot? I love Barcelona‘s saunas :)

I've gone to London the past two years but I'm trying to find a destination with more latin boys without actually having to go so south america and deal with a language barrier. Any suggestions?

You don’t think London will be safe in September?

I don't think things will be back to anything like normal by September. I also worry that the pandemic will appear to be tailing off by the end of the summer, but will come roaring back in the autumn, just as the flu did in 1918. I love London (I used to live there), but it is not where I want to be ill or quarantined.

I have a trip planned for the Boston/NY/Philly/DC area for May 14-30........only commitment so far is cheap (virus-priced) Southwest air fares which are fully changeable......

yeah, those dates ain't lookin' too good now.....damn.......

14841389-departures-board-at-airport-terminal-showing-cancelled-flights-because-of-strike-travel-unforeseen-c.jpg

I was at National Airport DC yesterday (the desk staff are the best). I noticed on the board that while 3/4 of flights were "cancelled", 1/4 were "On time" . We saw a lot of American planes landing too. My impression was they were mostly AA commuter planes, ie: Republic Airlines. The airport was nearly empty and antiseptic.

Travel getting back to normal is many months away.....perhaps a year or more. Covid-19 cases and deaths will taper off to some degree in May/June but it will still be around. We will have to be vigilant and keep our guard up through the summer. Social distancing will still be a thing. All the experts predict the virus will likely return somewhat as the weather gets cooler in the Northern Hemisphere fall. Countries should be better prepared at that point as far as earlier isolation of affected people and their contacts so the toll in lives lost should be lower. However the normal precautions for the general public will still be practiced. I won't be booking any plane/train/cruise ship travel until we see what is happening in November/December with COVID-19 round two.

I had a trip to Walt Disney World planned for the first week of February. I’m a member of the Disney vacation club, and they allowed me to keep the points and book before they expire, in September.

Today I was told that they might not expire the points and give a full year’s extension on them. That would be FABULOUS!

Additionally, I cancelled a flight with Delta in January. They said I had full credit to sometime in July. I recancelled today, and they’re extending full credit to March 6, 2021.

They are certainly doing it right!

P.S. I’ve been a DVC member since 1992 and was thanked for my many visits to WDW!