CANCELED - 2020 Palm Springs Weekend! #17

Oliver
This topic is 1514 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just threw in the towel and cancelled my flight on Alaska and my reservation at Inndulge. Did both on line. AA will not issue a refund since I purchased a discounted non-changeable, non-refundable ticket. However, they will issue me a travel credit for what I paid to be used before February 2021. I am good with that. Haven't heard back yet from Inndulge. Maybe they will see fit to do the same thing.

Wrote to Oliver to cancel. Killed me to have to do it. I live outside of Seattle, the epicenter of this outbreak. I do not generally consider myself old and decrepit, but several friends have been kind enough to point out that I am. Will be staying home from work starting today.

I just threw in the towel and cancelled my flight on Alaska and my reservation at Inndulge. Did both on line. AA will not issue a refund since I purchased a discounted non-changeable, non-refundable ticket. However, they will issue me a travel credit for what I paid to be used before February 2021. I am good with that. Haven't heard back yet from Inndulge. Maybe they will see fit to do the same thing.

Wrote to Oliver to cancel. Killed me to have to do it. I live outside of Seattle, the epicenter of this outbreak. I do not generally consider myself old and decrepit, but several friends have been kind enough to point out that I am. Will be staying home from work starting today.

Just heard back from Inndulge. I paid 2 nights deposit for a 4 night stay. They are issuing me a credit for 2 nights during off season, or 1 night during peak season. Good enough.

Just heard back from Inndulge. I paid 2 nights deposit for a 4 night stay. They are issuing me a credit for 2 nights during off season, or 1 night during peak season. Good enough.

Interesting, I had a reservation for nine days, paid over $1000 deposit and when I cancelled they offered me nothing! I will definitely talk to them tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing this information... If I'm forced to cancel the trip, I hope they give me an equivalent deal. I could visit later in the year during the off season. Does anyone know when is the last day to ask for cancellation and get the credits for a future stay? Thanks in advance... EGP

I hate to say it, but some refund opportunities may come down to luck. It may depend on who you talk to and what mood that person is in, especially if the circumstances are unusual.

I'm reminded of the time I had a gift certificate with United for $1000 for getting bumped off a flight. I wasn't able to use it and it was nearing its expiration date. I called United, and by chance, I got a supervisor located in Chicago. She listened to my story, and it seemed she sincerely felt sorry for me. She ended up extending my certificate for 12 more months.

The poster who mentioned the flood of cancellations may be right. This virus is going to cause a lot of financial pain to business. Some smaller businesses are not going to be able to survive. It may be more difficult to get deposits back.

If you are cancelling a reservation at INNdulge the front desk does not have authority to offer any credit for future booking. You need to talk to the manager or email him at INNdulgeManager@gmail.com. Apparently credits are being handled on a case by case basis.

Thanks @sf westcoaster, I am waiting to see what other restrictive measures the government will throw at us, but I have the feeling that I am going to have to email the manager and plead for credits... :(

Dear All -

I am sorry to announce that I must cancel the 2020 Palm Springs Weekend. In addition to the health concerns, the two restaurant venues are and will be closed until May 1. Also some of the possible attendees have already let me know that they will not be coming. Therefore, with all things considered, it is best to forego the festivities this year.

Dear All -

I am sorry to announce that I must cancel the 2020 Palm Springs Weekend. In addition to the health concerns, the two restaurant venues are and will be closed until May 1. Also some of the possible attendees have already let me know that they will not be coming. Therefore, with all things considered, it is best to forego the festivities this year.

Thank you for doing this Oliver. I know some people don't agree, but this is the right call in my opinion based on all the data I am aware of and what we know about this virus and how it is transmitted. Realistically the USA will need to seriously self isolate and maintain social distancing until early May at the earliest to get things under control and we will likely have to maintain some of these protocols for the next few years until an effective vaccine is publicly available and we achieve herd immunity.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-12/coronavirus-can-live-in-patients-for-five-weeks-after-contagion

Dear All -

This is the right call given the circumstances. It’s better we all be safe than run the risk of contracting this virus. Hopefully the event can happen next year.

Thank you for all your efforts organizing this year.

Realistically I knew I was going to have to cancel, but the vague hope that maybe things would brighten kept it a bit easier to see each day through. This is the right decision but it is one that just brings the nature of this into closer sight. So Oliver, I suggest you set the date for 2021 so that we may start the countdown to that joyous reunion.

We all need a little hope these days and seeing that date might be just the bit of hope that makes it easier to get through this.

Thanks for your efforts through the years. This event has brightened my life and let me be myself more than I am any other time of the year.

Dear All -

Looking forward to 2021 PS Weekend!

I have a one way on Alaska for late May. I was thinking that by then, things would be fine. Now, I’m not so sure. the waits are interminable on the phone.

The Alaska website cited long waits on the phone. They have made it extremely easy to cancel on the website without having to call. Issued me a credit.

Dear All -

Understood. I was already trying to figure out how we'd pull off the weekend with social distancing!

For future reference, Santiago has a more forgiving cancellation policy than Inndulge. 14-day cancellation on holidays (including Coachella) and 7 days otherwise. Something to think about for next year.

For future reference, Santiago has a more forgiving cancellation policy than Inndulge. 14-day cancellation on holidays (including Coachella) and 7 days otherwise. Something to think about for next year.

I know some people don't like Canyon Club, but their cancellation policy is even better. We only had to pay for the first night as a deposit, and it will be refunded to us (less a $15.00 cancellation fee) if we cancel no later than 72 hours before check-in.

Looking forward to seeing you all next year!

Rob