CANCELED - 2020 Palm Springs Weekend! #17

Oliver
This topic is 1502 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a wonderful #16 over, I have had requests from some who like to plan ahead for next year's dates. Is it too soon?

If not here goes - Saturday, April 18 and Sunday, April 19. Cum and enjoy! :);):cool::p

Thanks for posting the dates now - I can make sure I attend next year.

I also posted this information in this year's Palm Springs thread, but I've repeated it here so it remains visible for the 2020 gathering. I asked the staff at Inndulge about their pricing (the other popular resort among those attending, Canyon Club, is cheaper), and they said that their rooms are sold at their standard rate from when sales start one year out. As the year passes, the prices may vary so lower rates will potentially be available for those who choose to, or by circumstances have to wait until later to book. They have free nights available, but it's for the seventh night of a stay, so not all that much help for most of us whose stays are shorter.

I guess people might as well start re-reserving their room at the same time they checkout from wherever staying...if they want to stay there again.

I ended up staying an extra day on Monday, just to do my own separate thing, but switched hotels to a local chain with some points I earned, but couldn’t get for the weekend because all the hotels under that chain were sold out until Monday. I went from having a small, comfy room at one of the gay resorts, to this gargantuan apartment studio room with balcony and hot tub at another.

If I were coming next year, I’d be trying to find a way to ask Coachella to move it to like when Miami does Ultra/White Party, which is in March, because it’s constraining the hotel options lol. However, I know plenty of gay resorts do not “cater” to the events and keep their same prices, like the one I stayed at.

miami-lineup-phase1-news-thumb-2019.jpg

That said, I just don’t get the allure of the festivals, and why some guys in the community spending their money going. It’s not like pridefest, where you can see artists performing AND it is about the community. Not saying they shouldn’t go, but I met a guy yesterday who showed me a video he took of a Coachella performance...and it’s like, ummmm...I’d rather just go to Pride and be able to drink, connect, etc. than to pay $500-$1,000 to watch someone dance and prance across a stage. I spent $300 yesterday on something useful that’s likely to last me 75,000+ miles, and get me to Minneapolis pride in June. And still had some left over to pick up a couple souvenirs at Rough trade and Gay Mart lol.

I’ve been to Calle Ocho, White/Winter parties, Pridefests in different cities over the years, to me non of that stuff appeals anymore. The forum meetup is more inspirational than some music festival where people are packed into some auditorium with their phones in the air recording the same artists, or turning your head away for 1 second, and then spending the next hour looking for your friend in the crowd.

...If I were coming next year, I’d be trying to find a way to ask Coachella to move it to like when Miami does Ultra/White Party, which is in March, because it’s constraining the hotel options lol. However, I know plenty of gay resorts do not “cater” to the events and keep their same prices, like the one I stayed at....

Alternatively, the Palm Springs gathering could be moved to a weekend when Coachella is not occurring. :)

I guess people might as well start re-reserving their room at the same time they checkout from wherever staying...if they want to stay there again.

I ended up staying an extra day on Monday, just to do my own separate thing, but switched hotels to a local chain with some points I earned, but couldn’t get for the weekend because all the hotels under that chain were sold out until Monday. I went from having a small, comfy room at one of the gay resorts, to this gargantuan apartment studio room with balcony and hot tub at another.

If I were coming next year, I’d be trying to find a way to ask Coachella to move it to like when Miami does Ultra/White Party, which is in March, because it’s constraining the hotel options lol. However, I know plenty of gay resorts do not “cater” to the events and keep their same prices, like the one I stayed at.

miami-lineup-phase1-news-thumb-2019.jpg

That said, I just don’t get the allure of the festivals, and why some guys in the community spending their money going. It’s not like pridefest, where you can see artists performing AND it is about the community. Not saying they shouldn’t go, but I met a guy yesterday who showed me a video he took of a Coachella performance...and it’s like, ummmm...I’d rather just go to Pride and be able to drink, connect, etc. than to pay $500-$1,000 to watch someone dance and prance across a stage. I spent $300 yesterday on something useful that’s likely to last me 75,000+ miles, and get me to Minneapolis pride in June. And still had some left over to pick up a couple souvenirs at Rough trade and Gay Mart lol.

I’ve been to Calle Ocho, White/Winter parties, Pridefests in different cities over the years, to me non of that stuff appeals anymore. The forum meetup is more inspirational than some music festival where people are packed into some auditorium with their phones in the air recording the same artists, or turning your head away for 1 second, and then spending the next hour looking for your friend in the crowd.

To me, it is worth the inconveniences to see performers like U2 or Bruce Spingsteen sing in person.

I did put in a tentative reservation at Canyon Club. For me, my catchphrase for this particular weekend is "it is easy to be Sleazy" and for me nothing says Easy Sleazy On Your Kneezies than Canyon Club. So for me, I forget about the accommodations and go for those who will accommodate. I do not know if any of the other hotels can match Canyon Club in that category.

Let me be the first to Thank Oliver for planning for next year. i am sure that planning began before the last devil egg was eaten and the last sausage swallowed.

Oliver, I thank you again for this year and thank you in anticipation of next year.

Epigonos, this is the first time I got to sample a deviled egg as every other year they were gone before I arrived. They were delicious, I thank you but the people on flight 415 to Newark curse your name.

I also posted this information in this year's Palm Springs thread, but I've repeated it here so it remains visible for the 2020 gathering. I asked the staff at Inndulge about their pricing (the other popular resort among those attending, Canyon Club, is cheaper), and they said that their rooms are sold at their standard rate from when sales start one year out. As the year passes, the prices may vary so lower rates will potentially be available for those who choose to, or by circumstances have to wait until later to book. They have free nights available, but it's for the seventh night of a stay, so not all that much help for most of us whose stays are shorter.

True. I booked 5 weeks out and paid top dollar, not that it wasn't worth it. I was happy to get a room at all, Cyn Club being sold out. Happily, the crowd at Inndulge was great, so I was not disappointed, and I got to hang out for an afternoon at Canyon Club. Good to see you again by the way.

We had a great group of guys staying at INNdulge for the 16th PS Forum weekend, who added so much the the camaraderie and enjoyment of the event! I'm looking into booking next year at INNdulge as well, sf westcoaster. I heard great things about Santiago Resort in PS from the British guys, John and Marvin, at the pool. After several years at INNdulge, they are making a switch.

We had a great group of guys staying at INNdulge for the 16th PS Forum weekend, who added so much the the camaraderie and enjoyment of the event! I'm looking into booking next year at INNdulge as well, sf westcoaster. I heard great things about Santiago Resort in PS from the British guys, John and Marvin, at the pool. After several years at INNdulge, they are making a switch.

John, Marvin and their good friend Glenn have kept in touch with me since Palm Springs and I mentioned this particular post to them. John asked me to let everyone know that they’ve decided to stick with the Inndulge. I have copied and pasted his text message to me:

Well. We have changed our mind. Definitely going to stay at Inndulge again. Had a better look at Santiago and decided the grass wasn’t greener. It’s Inndulge all the way for us. Please can you post that although it’s nice we feel Inndulge is nicer ??