I AM USING THE WALKER!

Avalon
This topic is 2030 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a walker with a seat

P10384696.jpg?impolicy=medium

I have a walker from when I had back surgery in 2012. It looks like this without the tennis balls.

F1A24D0I9E1CN1Z.LARGE.jpg

I have the basket with a little plastic insert that has a cup holder.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXyBK_dVxGEQ5VPOghhBqRArTLbfdl5y9o-tVEPf2dmreIlZ39Mg

Once or twice a year my back locks up for a few days to a week and I have to use it to get around my apartment. I keep it next to my bed so in the morning I can step into it, grip it for support, and stretch a bit.

Last summer when I was doing laundry one night I saw a sign in the laundry room that the super had a walker he was giving away if anyone wanted it. I figured, why not have a spare (I have plenty of room) since everyone in my life is getting older (as I remain younger than springtime), and maybe somebody will need one.

It turns out the one he had was like the one with a seat at the start of this post, only blue, and without a basket. Not bad for free!

IMO, you bought the wrong product. Here is my suggestion, and when and if you call to order, ask if it's covered under medicare.

here is another suggestion, available online and immediate delivery:, and on sale:

https://www.parentgiving.com/shop/basic-steel-rollators-6861/p/13962/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scbplp6861-13962&sc_intid=6861-13962&msclkid={msclkid}

Rated 4.8 out of 5

Medline Height Adjustable Rollator with 8" Wheels

$79.99

Regular price:$99.99 You Save $20.00

QUICKSHIP_1PM-2-4.png

l-basic-steel-rollators-6861-2513.jpg

Features:

• Classically designed, value priced
  • Comes in three colors: Blue, Green and Red
  • Constructed of a durable powder coated steel
  • Accommodates users up to 350 lbs
  • 8" Wheels especially designed for outside navigation
  • Comes standard with convenient storage bag under the seat
  • Handles are height adjustable in 1" increments from 31" to 35"
  • Width between the handle bars: 17.5"
  • Overall Width: 24"

Specifications:

• HPIS Classification: 630_20_40_20
  • Latex Free: No
  • Product Type: Basic
  • Seat Dimension: 12" X 12"
  • Top of the seat from the ground is 21"
  • Durable nylong bag (under the seat) dimensions: 14" X 7.5" X 6"
  • Product weight 19 lbs

OR:

Drive Medical Aluminum Rollator Walker Fold Up and Removable Back Support, Padded Seat, 6" Wheels, Red

by Drive Medical

Available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VWK3F2/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002VWK3F2&linkCode=as2&tag=bestprodtag89861-20

Price: $63.18 & FREE Shipping.

• Comes with a seamless padded seat and a zippered pouch underneath the seat for added privacy and security of personal items
  • Removable, hinged, padded backrest can be folded up or down. Large 7.5 Inch casters are ideal for indoor and outdoor use
  • 6" Black non-marring casters with soft grip tires are ideal for indoor and outdoor use
  • Easy-to-use deluxe loop locks and Brakes with serrated edges provide a firm hold
  • Handle Height: 32-37"; Seat Dimensions: 12"(D) x 14"(W) x 20"(H); Weight Capacity: 300 lbs

And, just for the hell of it, here a site that reviewed the TOP 5 walkers.

https://bestreviews.com/best-walkers

IMO, you bought the wrong product. Here is my suggestion, and when and if you call to order, ask if it's covered under medicare.

here is another suggestion, available online and immediate delivery:, and on sale:

https://www.parentgiving.com/shop/basic-steel-rollators-6861/p/13962/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scbplp6861-13962&sc_intid=6861-13962&msclkid={msclkid}

Rated 4.8 out of 5

$79.99

QUICKSHIP_1PM-2-4.png

Features:

Specifications:

• Product weight 19 lbs

OR:

Drive Medical Aluminum Rollator Walker Fold Up and Removable Back Support, Padded Seat, 6" Wheels, Red

by Drive Medical

Available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VWK3F2/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002VWK3F2&linkCode=as2&tag=bestprodtag89861-20

• Comes with a seamless padded seat and a zippered pouch underneath the seat for added privacy and security of personal items
  • Removable, hinged, padded backrest can be folded up or down. Large 7.5 Inch casters are ideal for indoor and outdoor use
  • 6" Black non-marring casters with soft grip tires are ideal for indoor and outdoor use
  • Easy-to-use deluxe loop locks and Brakes with serrated edges provide a firm hold
  • Handle Height: 32-37"; Seat Dimensions: 12"(D) x 14"(W) x 20"(H); Weight Capacity: 300 lbs

THANK-YOU! That looks nice! I have saved the site.

Btw the one I have I only paid $25 for it.

Rated 4.8 out of 5

$79.99

QUICKSHIP_1PM-2-4.png

Features:

Specifications:

• Product weight 19 lbs

OR:

by Drive Medical

Available on Amazon:

Shouldn't we be glad he bought a walker and is using it. About 24 hours ago, things looked bleak when Avalon posted he had stubbed his toe on the box with the walker inside

Why confuse things by posting he may have bought the wrong walker.Isn't the goal to hope Avalon has a better life.

Edited by WilliamM

But if I were to go outside I would not be able to turn back and I'd fall. This is why I have a chair in the kitchen.

As you become more proficient with the walker, your legs will be stronger. You will be able to turn in an arc. Yes, I understand it is difficult. But there are many people here on your side and wishing you well.

My stance is wider than the walker. Several times I have bumped my toes into one of the legs. And it hurt! That is a good sign. Diabetics often have feet problems. Last year I broke a toe and although the toe turned black I didn't feel any pain.

"Why confuse things by posting he may have bought the wrong walker.Isn't the goal to hope Avalon has a better life."

Sorry William if you feel I am confusing there situation but in reality I am trying to IMPROVE the situation.

The walker Avalon bought is going to be difficult for him, other than for very, very short distances.

My aim is to get this guy out of his house and into car service and into a physicians office.

If Avalon had consulted a physical therapist/doctor, they would have taken measurements and gotten him a "Medicare covered" walker/rollator which would fit his needs.

He would never have seen a bill.

They would have provided him with training on how to operate it and maneuver around.

Avalon will have a better life when he is not hibernating in his dark apartment, devoid of human contact and making decisions that are bad for him.

Sorry, I'm a hard case and will always encourage people too "do the right thing,"that is, the intelligent, moral and ethical decisions.

"Why confuse things by posting he may have bought the wrong walker.Isn't the goal to hope Avalon has a better life."

Sorry William if you feel I am confusing there situation but in reality I am trying to IMPROVE the situation.

The walker Avalon bought is going to be difficult for him, other than for very, very short distances.

My aim is to get this guy out of his house and into car service and into a physicians office.

If Avalon had consulted a physical therapist/doctor, they would have taken measurements and gotten him a "Medicare covered" walker/rollator which would fit his needs.

They would have provided him with training on how to operate it and maneuver around.

Avalon will have a better life when he is not hibernating in his dark apartment, devoid of human contact and making decisions that are bad for him.

Sorry, I'm a hard case and will always encourage people too "do the right thing,"that is, the intelligent, moral and ethical decisions.

I know your intention are A+. But, they do not necessarily match Avalon in the very beginning. He has not been outdoors for many months.

Give him some time to adjust.

"If Avalon had consulted a physical therapist/doctor, they would have taken measurements and gotten him a "Medicare covered" walker/rollator which would fit his needs.

Avalon will have a better life when he is not hibernating in his dark apartment, devoid of human contact and making decisions that are bad for him."

--------

Medicare will also cover the cost of a wheelchair as an option when Avalon needs to travel longer distances or he is tired of walking with the walker. He would need a Doctor/Physician note.