Paragonya Sauna Zurich

sydneyboy

I do not know if there are pay rooms.  I never tried to find out.  Usually, when I arrived at Paragonya, I quickly met a provider and reached an agreement.  Out of habit, I always went to the "rooms" that are without cost.  If there are "pay" rooms, I will try one on my next trip to Zurich.  

Yes, there is smoking allowed.  However, there is no smoking allowed on the upper cruising level.  

There is a bar on the lower floor with a semi-restaurant along with a very nice sitting area near the bar.  In that area, smoking is allowed yet smoking is not allowed in other parts of the sauna. 

To me, it seems silly, to say smoking is not allowed except in designated areas.  Tell that to the smoke that floats through the air that can be smelled easily by those of us who do not smoke.  

The minor irritation of smoke does not out-weigh the fun that can be had with a provider in the sauna.  

17 minutes ago, coriolis888 said:

I do not know if there are pay rooms.  I never tried to find out.  Usually, when I arrived at Paragonya, I quickly met a provider and reached an agreement.  Out of habit, I always went to the "rooms" that are without cost.  If there are "pay" rooms, I will try one on my next trip to Zurich.  

Yes, there is smoking allowed.  However, there is no smoking allowed on the upper cruising level.  

There is a bar on the lower floor with a semi-restaurant along with a very nice sitting area near the bar.  In that area, smoking is allowed yet smoking is not allowed in other parts of the sauna. 

To me, it seems silly, to say smoking is not allowed except in designated areas.  Tell that to the smoke that floats through the air that can be smelled easily by those of us who do not smoke.  

The minor irritation of smoke does not out-weigh the fun that can be had with a provider in the sauna.  

Thank you much appreciated. I’ve been to Brazil 9 times and sampled the delights of the saunas there as well Thermas in Barcelona. Paragonya has been on my agenda for years. I will get there when this wretched virus permits.

On 2/20/2022 at 11:50 PM, sydneyboy said:

Thank you much appreciated. I’ve been to Brazil 9 times and sampled the delights of the saunas there as well Thermas in Barcelona. Paragonya has been on my agenda for years. I will get there when this wretched virus permits.

You will be very surprised when you visit Paragonya for the first time. 

Initially, the sauna is awkward to locate.  It is in an office-like commercial building.  You would not expect to find a gay hustler sauna in the type of building the sauna is located.   

You must ring a bell to gain access.  

The place is exceedingly clean and is nicer than the fine sauna in Barcelona (Thermas).  

The horrible hustler sauna in Madrid (Adan) is no longer in business so you will not be tempted to visit there.   

In addition to providers available in Paragonya, there are many older Swiss customers who come to the sauna who sit in the bar area and visit with one another, not particularly looking for a provider.  However, some of these regular customers have favorite providers they engage while in the sauna.  

Many of the customers walk around without shoes because the floor is so clean and made of excellent material.  

After arrival in the sauna, if it is busy, you will soon see some handsome provider giving you a look that you cannot resist; then you will find yourself on the second floor of the sauna sampling a unique very fine gay sauna with providers for pay. 

Edited by coriolis888
grammar and spelling

3 minutes ago, sydneyboy said:

For seasoned travellers, how would you compare Paragonya to the Brazilian rent boy saunas?

a HELL of a lot more expensive for starters. $43 to enter, $115 for any "action". 

funny thing is some of the guys are Brazilian. not as many as Thermas, but a few. 

here's the outside. the building's in the middle of Old Town. the sauna is the 2nd and 3rd US floors. 1st floor US is Migros Expresss, a WaWa-type snack bar. Next door is a gay bar and after that is Hotel Scheuble. 

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x479aa0a837bb9553%3A0x449c4a940dac2637!3m1!7e115!4s%2Fmaps%2Fplace%2Fparagonya%2Bsauna%2Bzurich%2F%4047.3742626%2C8.5439941%2C3a%2C75y%2C32.13h%2C90t%2Fdata%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211sFPQ5HRtgpiZWb3t3XWRp2A*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x479aa0a837bb9553%3A0x449c4a940dac2637%3Fsa%3DX!5sparagonya sauna zurich - Google Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e2!2sFPQ5HRtgpiZWb3t3XWRp2A&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjvhZTj_ZH2AhWkVN8KHZwjAF8Qpx96BAgPEAg

5 hours ago, tassojunior said:

These are pics I took in Paragonya 2 years ago.

The main floor is a busy bar and large lounge. Upstairs are the crusing areas and rooms for sex. 

20181102_145554.jpg

20181102_145517.jpg

20181102_151342.jpg

The photos that you attached I found a bit humorous.  That is because in my earlier post I commented that some of the customers do not wear shoes because the floors are very clean. 

Sure enough, in a couple of the photos you posted, it shows clients sitting in a chair without shoes of any kind.  

Walking around a sauna shoeless or without at least some foot protection is not for me.  

That is how relaxed and mellow Paragonya is.  

Edited by coriolis888
spelling error

7 minutes ago, coriolis888 said:

The photos that you attached I found a bit humorous.  The is because in my earlier post I commented that some of the customers do not wear shoes because the floors are very clean. 

Sure enough, in a couple of the photos you posted, it shows clients sitting in a chair without shoes of any kind.  

Walking around a sauna shoeless or without at least some foot protection is not for me.  

That is how relaxed and mellow Paragonya is.  

yes, it may be the only sex sauna in the world with bare feet and white marble floors. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hotel Scheuble is nice but the current rate is more than twice what I paid in May 2018 … $300+ Canadian now for their smallish room with no kitchen amenities; forget it. I am trying to book from a limited number of Airbnb units for a visit of a few weeks duration next month but not from the hotel listings on that platform. Self-catering with at least a fridge, microwave, and stovetop is my preferred model and one or less substantial meals out daily. This accommodation price you can easily get in Rio for $50.

Interestingly, Hotel Alexander also close to Paragonya lists some rooms on Airbnb but I have not compared rates with, say, Booking dot com. I find it strange when a host has select hotel listings in a hotel that is on hotel platforms. Alexander also has a smaller guesthouse; maybe that accounts for the cross-affiliation. I am not staying there. 

Edited by SirBIllybob

On 2/21/2022 at 8:29 PM, sydneyboy said:

This has been a wonderful thread with all information I need for a visit to Paragonya. One question. The Hotel Scheuble has been mentioned a number of times. Do they have a gym or access to an established fitness centre?

No gym. No access deal I know of. 

And the fixed price breakfast is exorbitant though sumptuous if you are paying for it by use. If you like a big morning meal each day it is probably worth it to select an inclusive option. 

Activ Fitness (chain) nearby appears to have a monthly rate of CH140 that seems reasonable for such a pricey city and if it’s a must for you to train or you are there long enough to make it worth your while. You would have to contact to inquire about a day pass. I am supposedly there about 4 weeks from now and will swing by to ask. 
——

No pandemic-related entry requirements currently, FOR now, and flying Swiss so likely none for airline boarding either. Though likely some kind of digital health report entry form. Just need to follow Canada re-entry rules and find a test in Zurich. I think that one’s CoV prime series vaccination must have been within 9 months if you have not had a booster or proof of subsequent infection, but I am formally vaccinated late to the party, arriving in Switzerland 4 months past my official prime series. I note that Spain, where I am visiting later in Spring, also has the 270-day lapse limit. 

Edited by SirBIllybob

45 minutes ago, SirBIllybob said:

No gym. No access deal I know of. 

And the fixed price breakfast is exorbitant though sumptuous if you are paying for it by use. If you like a big morning meal each day it is probably worth it to select an inclusive option. 

Activ Fitness (chain) nearby appears to have a monthly rate of CH140 that seems reasonable for such a pricey city and if it’s a must for you to train or you are there long enough to make it worth your while. You would have to contact to inquire about a day pass. I am supposedly there about 4 weeks from now and will swing by to ask. 
——

No pandemic-related entry requirements currently, FOR now, and flying Swiss so likely none for airline boarding either. Though likely some kind of digital health report entry form. Just need to follow Canada re-entry rules and find a test in Zurich. I think that one’s CoV prime series vaccination must have been within 9 months if you have not had a booster or proof of subsequent infection, but I am formally vaccinated late to the party, arriving in Switzerland 4 months past my official prime series. I note that Spain, where I am visiting later in Spring, also has the 270-day lapse limit. 

Thank you. Excellent. Very helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

Could I clarify one point. What is the going rate for the boys? Amounts have been quoted on this (exceedingly helpful) thread but there is some confusion in my mind over whether people were talking in Swiss francs or dollars. If everything going according to plan I should be there in September.

51 minutes ago, sydneyboy said:

Could I clarify one point. What is the going rate for the boys? Amounts have been quoted on this (exceedingly helpful) thread but there is some confusion in my mind over whether people were talking in Swiss francs or dollars. If everything going according to plan I should be there in September.

Most of the guys are not local to Switzerland.  Usually, about half of the guys are from South America while others are from different parts of Europe and the rest of the world.    

With respect to which currency they accept is sometimes confusing. 

Considering that the sauna is in Switzerland, it is normal to pay in Swiss francs.  

However, some of the guys prefer Euros and would love British pounds because of their higher value. 

When I am there, I generally pay in Swiss francs. 

They also accept U.S. dollars even though there is a big difference between the dollar and the pound.    

Despite the ever changing value of the currencies, it is simpler to pay in francs.  Francs can be obtained from ATM machines.  Using a money changer is usually a rip off because of their fees and bad exchange rates offered.  

I am not sure the guys would accept Australian money, but they might and you could ask. 

Paragonya is a sort of money "melting pot" when it comes to which currency is used to pay the guys. 

Sometimes (not often) you will see guys and clients changing money in the bar area where the sitting area is located on the first floor. 

One thing for sure, you should make it clear when you make a deal with the guy which currency he expects.   

1 hour ago, coriolis888 said:

Most of the guys are not local to Switzerland.  Usually, about half of the guys are from South America while others are from different parts of Europe and the rest of the world.    

With respect to which currency they accept is sometimes confusing. 

Considering that the sauna is in Switzerland, it is normal to pay in Swiss francs.  

However, some of the guys prefer Euros and would love British pounds because of their higher value. 

When I am there, I generally pay in Swiss francs. 

They also accept U.S. dollars even though there is a big difference between the dollar and the pound.    

Despite the ever changing value of the currencies, it is simpler to pay in francs.  Francs can be obtained from ATM machines.  Using a money changer is usually a rip off because of their fees and bad exchange rates offered.  

I am not sure the guys would accept Australian money, but they might and you could ask. 

Paragonya is a sort of money "melting pot" when it comes to which currency is used to pay the guys. 

Sometimes (not often) you will see guys and clients changing money in the bar area where the sitting area is located on the first floor. 

One thing for sure, you should make it clear when you make a deal with the guy which currency he expects.   

Thank you. Very helpful. What is the current rate for an “encounter “ in Swiss francs?

1 hour ago, sydneyboy said:

Thank you. Very helpful. What is the current rate for an “encounter “ in Swiss francs?

A few months ago the fee was 100 Swiss francs (or. for whatever currency was acceptable).

Considering the recent inflation and coronavirus issues, I have no idea what the fees would be when  you get there in September.  

If you use Barcelona (Thermas) as a guide, the fee there has not changed to my knowledge for several years. Maybe the same will be for Zurich.'s Paragonya.

The world is changing fast.  The war could also be a reason for the fees to either increase or decrease.  Too many variables to consider.   

48 minutes ago, coriolis888 said:

A few months ago the fee was 100 Swiss francs (or. for whatever currency was acceptable).

Considering the recent inflation and coronavirus issues, I have no idea what the fees would be when  you get there in September.  

If you use Barcelona (Thermas) as a guide, the fee there has not changed to my knowledge for several years. Maybe the same will be for Zurich.'s Paragonya.

The world is changing fast.  The war could also be a reason for the fees to either increase or decrease.  Too many variables to consider.   

Thank you. Most helpful. There is no doubt we live in uncertain times.

46 minutes ago, sydneyboy said:

Thank you. Most helpful. There is no doubt we live in uncertain times.

One more thing.

There is discussion in some of the above posts about a hotel called Scheuble.  

I have stayed there many times.  

The hotel is very close to Paragonya.  I walk fast,  It takes me less than three minutes to walk to the Paragonya entrance door from Hotel Scheuble.  

The neighborhood where Paragonya and Scheuble is located is in the older part of Zurich (called "Old Town") but in the case of Zurich, older does not mean anything negative.  The area is safe and there are lots of excellent restaurants in the area. 

Several years ago there used to be a well known gay bar near Paragonya called Carousel.  Often, after Paragonya closed or if Paragonya was not busy, clients and providers went to the bar Carousel.  The place was unique and had more handsome hustlers than you could count. 

Unfortunately, on numerous occasions a gang of straight guys from another country pretended to be hustlers and robbed several of the Carousel patrons that frequented the bar and Paragonya.   Business at Paragonya and at Carousel plummeted as a result of the robberies of clients.   But, all is safe now.  

The bar Carousel no longer exists even though you will find reviews about the bar on some search sites. 

The bad guys are apparently gone or are trained how to behave when visiting Zurich. 

Please excuse the long history lesson about the Carousel bar.   I have fond memories of the place.  

Have a grand time in Zurich in September.

I will be going to Zurich in May.  I will write a report about my upcoming experiences which I hope will be great.   

• 2 weeks later...

The one-off single entry to the Activ Fitness chain gyms is 29 francs. There is a really nice one at Bellevue station, a major tram junction, with a panoramic view of the top of the lake from the training room. 

I will complete my Paragonya review following this weekend as I attended last weekend and wish to defer impressions based on only those 3 visits. I have held off weekday attendance and perhaps a new crop will materialize. I filled the gap with worthwhile excursions to St Gallen, Basel, and Lucerne. 

On 4/7/2022 at 5:12 PM, SirBillybob said:

The one-off single entry to the Activ Fitness chain gyms is 29 francs. There is a really nice one at Bellevue station, a major tram junction, with a panoramic view of the top of the lake from the training room. 

I will complete my Paragonya review following this weekend as I attended last weekend and wish to defer impressions based on only those 3 visits. I have held off weekday attendance and perhaps a new crop will materialize. I filled the gap with worthwhile excursions to St Gallen, Basel, and Lucerne. 

More helpful information! How far are those 2 gyms from the Hotel Scheuble?

23 minutes ago, sydneyboy said:

More helpful information! How far are those 2 gyms from the Hotel Scheuble?

It’s only one location of the chain Activ Fitness that I am referring to, at Bellevue tram stop, and just a short walk from Scheuble, but very scenic. Actually I can do it in about 8 minutes.

But you might want to compare Scheuble with Hotel Alexander that looks very decent and I think about half the price. The difference would be more foot traffic as it is a busy pedestrian thoroughfare though perhaps a room overlooking the back of the building would be quieter …

3DAFC453-FA3D-40A4-BE14-B14D48B559EF.jpeg

Edited by SirBillybob

In case of confusion about bearings and reference points the Migros supermarket was replaced with an Alnatura supermarket. Also at 11 Muhlegasse, to it’s right (east) within the small lobby a large Paragonya sign is painted on the inner glass door leading up to the next level, a buzzer with much smaller sign still to the door’s left. I don’t think the useful splashy logo existed a few years ago. 

347D0B82-C5BD-4BE4-B94D-742EAF2469A3.jpeg

Edited by SirBillybob