The "people you ignore" feature

Smurof
This topic is 1328 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my favorite thing about the serial blockers... They have to announce to the world that they're putting you on ignore, as if that's supposed to emotionally destroy you or something. I especially love it when they keep responding to you after announcing to everyone that you've been blocked.

Telling someone you ignore them is not to harm them emotionally, but to let them know they will be wasting their time writing to you.

I want everyone to use their time productively, even those that I ignore.

I have never wished anyone to be emotionally harmed, you silly.

I also have a rule online: assume good faith, unless you have evidence of bad faith. You may want to use this rule, rather than assuming our intentions are to “destroy” people, when we tell them that we ignore them.

Telling someone you ignore them is not to harm them emotionally, but to let them know they will be wasting their time writing to you.

I also have a rule online: assume good faith, unless you have evidence of bad faith. You may want to use this rule, rather than assuming our intentions are to “destroy” people, when we tell them that we ignore them.

I wouldnt tell someone I ignore them. Mostly because I feel it's a waste of time.

Internet comunications and social media seem to bring out the argumentive tendency of many - the need to have the last word. Enhanced by the communications challenges of absence of facial expression and voice inflection. Online pissing contests are a waste of time.

Besides, if I tell them, and they're ignored, I wouldn't see a response - pointless .

I wouldnt tell someone I ignore them. Mostly because I feel it's a waste of time.

Internet comunications and social media seem to bring out the argumentive tendency of many - the need to have the last word. Enhanced by the communications challenges of absence of facial expression and voice inflection. Online pissing contests are a waste of time.

Besides, if I tell them, and they're ignored, I wouldn't see a response - pointless .

I might be a waste of your time, but it can certainly save them a lot of time in the future (if they intended to continue trying to catch your attention.) Sometimes you have to be altruistic, even with the worst of people.

• 2 years later...

If you are telling people you are putting them on you ignore list, I think you are misusing it because you are using it abusively. The only people who make it onto my ignore list are those that I find are incorrigibly stupid. I would never tell them that they are on it because I'm not trying to punish them. I'm just not interested in what they have to say.

As I sit here in my castle looking into my hand-held mirror next to my gigantic mirror (joking, yes really joking, I don't have a hand-held anything), I'm wondering how many people use this available feature. I don't.

I'm sure they do but every now and then they click "view ignored content" just in case. There was a frequent poster who allegedly was ignoring him but occasionally will read me and replied making it clear he only read what I wrote because of a buddy sent him a PM... etc.

I ignored my troll briefly but it wasn't a choice and facing him was a better choice to expose his true nature. He got back recently to the forum and left again, same personal attacks but this time he claimed to have "receipts" of my actions... He'll be back anyways!

That's my favorite thing about the serial blockers... They have to announce to the world that they're putting you on ignore, as if that's supposed to emotionally destroy you or something. I especially love it when they keep responding to you after announcing to everyone that you've been blocked.

I couldn't agree more, they need to tell the world who they're allegedly ignoring yet occasionally reading...

I know I'm ignored by 2 posters, one of them conservative and bias, the other one constantly kept on quoting me for no reason arguing about minimalistic things. I consider being ignored by them a blessing.

Edited by marylander1940