Racial sexual preference isn’t a crime

Avalon
This topic is 1832 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if that is

The ask was implicit in the statement, and you know that. Not sure what the point of your snarky comment was, but this is supposed to be an exchange. I was sharing my point of view. Do you mind?

Even if that is true, do you reflexively go around answering whatever is asked of you. I repeat, "Who said you had to?"

I do not have any racial preference myself but I’ve experienced being in a position where I wasn’t the guy’s type. He’s not into Asians and that’s cool.

I do prefer being with guys who are not overly hung. The average the better so to speak. I’d like to be able to work with it, to be able to handle it. Huge cocks are nice to look at though.

We are all “used by your biases” all the time, including you, given that they are wired in our brains, and we have nothing else but our brain to choose our paths in life.

If you think you are not used by your biases, you are lying to yourself.

Please be careful. Our brains are plastic. Our actions and beliefs can actually change our brains. It's not all one-way.

No..."porcelain" I find attractive.

Bright red heads have a skin tone that almost looks transparent, not ceramic.

I like porcelain too, but I like the transparent look of a redhead's skin. And the blood vessels showing through are sort of green.

I'm going to cautiously enter this thread because I've been race-hated on this board.

Racism is undoubtedly present in the gay community. From the blatant "no Asians" to bars or spas clearing out when I enter, I've experienced it my entire adult life. Attraction may by governed physiologically (just how gay men aren't sexually attracted to women) or influenced by society and media (Asian men are regularly emasculated on screen). It may be a bit of both. But from my experience, Asians are treated worse in the gay community than any other race (except perhaps South Asians).

The issue comes with how guys express their attraction (or lack of). I'm not sexually attracted to older men, but frequently get attention from them (another topic for another day). If they reach out to me, I reply, "thank you, but it's not a 100% match. Good luck." I don't say "you're too old." I don't block them. Some guys get hostile but most of the time they say "thanks" or "no problem." Respect earns respect.

The problem is many white guys (who are considered by most as the most desirable) lack that respect. I stopped complimenting white guys on Grindr because I'd get auto blocked. For saying things like "you have a great smile." Yes, I know there are my Asian brothers that shamelessly hurl themselves at any white guy, but when the level of lack of respect for another race results in an automatic block or a hand to the face (yes, one guy once put his hand in my face after I said he was good-looking), that comes from thinking you're better than they are. And that is definitely racism.

The saddest part is so many Asians have internalized it. I'm in SF for the month and can't tell you how many Asian guys exclude their race from their profiles. Why? Because they know a lot of guys check the boxes for other races than Asian. They want to be the exception. Sometimes they are (the tall, muscular Asians with square jaws -- ironically, the desirable Asians look more "white"). Sometimes they're not. This is true of Asian guys with ripped bodies and use shirtless pics. A white guy will find the body hot but when they learn it belongs to an Asian they change their minds. What changed? Maybe the face. Or maybe the race.

This recent video puts it best. An asian model (who is straight, but it affects all Asians) says, "I didn't want to be white. I just want to be treated like I was white." What he's really saying is that he wants to be treated with respect.

So whether it's "preference" or you're racist (because let's face it, some of you are), try treating everyone with respect. Because we're all part of the human race.

I'm going to cautiously enter this thread because I've been race-hated on this board.

Racism is undoubtedly present in the gay community. From the blatant "no Asians" to bars or spas clearing out when I enter, I've experienced it my entire adult life. Attraction may by governed physiologically (just how gay men aren't sexually attracted to women) or influenced by society and media (Asian men are regularly emasculated on screen). It may be a bit of both. But from my experience, Asians are treated worse in the gay community than any other race (except perhaps South Asians).

The issue comes with how guys express their attraction (or lack of). I'm not sexually attracted to older men, but frequently get attention from them (another topic for another day). If they reach out to me, I reply, "thank you, but it's not a 100% match. Good luck." I don't say "you're too old." I don't block them. Some guys get hostile but most of the time they say "thanks" or "no problem." Respect earns respect.

The problem is many white guys (who are considered by most as the most desirable) lack that respect. I stopped complimenting white guys on Grindr because I'd get auto blocked. For saying things like "you have a great smile." Yes, I know there are my Asian brothers that shamelessly hurl themselves at any white guy, but when the level of lack of respect for another race results in an automatic block or a hand to the face (yes, one guy once put his hand in my face after I said he was good-looking), that comes from thinking you're better than they are. And that is definitely racism.

The saddest part is so many Asians have internalized it. I'm in SF for the month and can't tell you how many Asian guys exclude their race from their profiles. Why? Because they know a lot of guys check the boxes for other races than Asian. They want to be the exception. Sometimes they are (the tall, muscular Asians with square jaws -- ironically, the desirable Asians look more "white"). Sometimes they're not. This is true of Asian guys with ripped bodies and use shirtless pics. A white guy will find the body hot but when they learn it belongs to an Asian they change their minds. What changed? Maybe the face. Or maybe the race.

This recent video puts it best. An asian model (who is straight, but it affects all Asians) says, "I didn't want to be white. I just want to be treated like I was white." What he's really saying is that he wants to be treated with respect.

So whether it's "preference" or you're racist (because let's face it, some of you are), try treating everyone with respect. Because we're all part of the human race.

Thank you for putting that so well. We cannot choose our preferences and what gets us hot or not, but we can choose to treat people with respect and dignity.

Thank you for putting that so well. We cannot choose our preferences and what gets us hot or not, but we can choose to treat people with respect and dignity.

The point of respect is out of question. 100% agree on @Drained Empty 's post.

But I do have a problem with "we cannot choose our preferences". It is true, we cannot but I think we need to explain the concept a little bit more because often it is used as an excuse to avoid taking a look at our own prejudices.

Our preferences are not totally under our control, but they change (at least mine have and I am not special) according to other variables in our personalities and ideas. For instance, I grew up when I was a young teen believing that I was only attracted to men, and the single possibility of a woman heading on me would make me run on panic. That was before I embraced my homosexuality. Once I freed my desire for men, I found out I do feel attraction for some women. Another example: when I was younger and the work on my homophobia and self hatred was just starting, I would feel attraction only for very twinkish, White, clean and cut, and feminine guys. Hell that has changed.

And the changing of my sexual preferences is still going on, and I expect to be open to new discoverings and to surprise myself. I am 100% top. I have experimented with bottoming in my 20s and never liked it. I do not even fantasize with bottoming, but I do think, considering that physiologically the rim and the prostate are full of erogenous centers, that there is no reason other than a psychological barrier for my handicapped pleasure. I cannot choose to become a bottom, but I can work on it and perhaps one day I will be ready to let my ass go.

So my point is that I agree, we cannot choose our sexual preferences, but we can choose to live up to an attitude of self reflexion and personal growing to expand our chances of happiness and pleasure. Our sexualities are not a given, but an always going on social/psychological construction.

For me it is looks of the person. I think what happens is when we make sweeping generalizations on race, rather than taking it case by case. A rejected person may just use race instead of facing up to the fact he wasn't attractive to the person he desired, on the other hand it could be a genuine racism where a white person is a KKK type. In today's society everything is lumped together under the worst possible category and hence real racism loses its sting-due to all the other cases , because it becomes very confusing.

This black person I would not sleep with.

untitled1.png

Now this black person-yum-let me know where!

image.jpg

The same for this Asian, no thank you.

image.jpg

This Asian-how may I serve you sir?

image.jpg