Masseur best practices...

7829V

That's wouldn't be unfair in my neighborhood, given that the local spas, whose therapists won't do stomach or buttocks, charge that much or more.

I went to a spa once in West Hollywood that did touch my buttocks. It was a woman masseuse though, so maybe that's different? Also I had a pulled sciatic nerve that she apparently was able to tell, so she did it for therapeutic reasons... I remember thinking though why is this lady touching my rear...she must know I'm Gay! LOL I won't say where it was though in case she wasn't suppose to do that.

Edited by AJ Doyle

I wonder if there will be a trend to do away with the gender-specific masseur/masseuse terms, just as there was a while ago to get rid of waiter/waitress? Massage does seem like an area where the gender of the person would matter more, as opposed to the gender of the person bringing your food. Those who patronize Hooters may disagree.

Speaking of which, I stopped into a new "Twin Peaks" restaurant. I went in & sat at the bar, thinking moody, dark, like the TV show - nope, the "Twin Peaks" referred to something else. I made my apologies and left.

I wonder if there will be a trend to do away with the gender-specific...terms,

I actually prefer specificity: Steward/Stewardess vs Flight Attendant, Waitress/Waiter vs Server, and Masseur/Masseuse vs. Massage Therapist. We've been told it's less sexist to be nonspecific; it's not. Being specific is not sexist.

Being specific is not sexist.

Ok, middle of the night, need to do an addendum. I prefer specificity as a rule, I agree with The Economist in using he or she instead of the awkward "they" in nearly all cases. However if an individual doesn't fit, then of course there should be flexibility.

Recently, Asia Kate Dillon needed to classify themselves as an Actor as opposed to Actress in order to qualify for an award (incidentally, historically "Actor" is gender nonspecific). But outside of the award competition if they ("they" applies in Dillon's case) would prefer being called a "performer" it would fit, it would make sense, it would be right.

A rule can bend and still be a rule.

Asia Kate Dillon, the remarkable Taylor on "Billions"

170414112740-asia-kate-dillon-exlarge-169.jpg

I now return you to the discussion of lotions and clean linens.

Edited by Rod Hagen

I prefer specificity as a rule, I agree with The Economist in using he or she instead of the awkward "they" in nearly all cases.

To stay down this rabbit warren for a moment longer, I like the way the Economist in an article discussing a merchant banker, an astronaut or an engineer in general terms (as opposed to talking about a specific person on one of those roles) will use 'she' rather than 'he' or 'they' just often enough that it jars (in a good way) and challenges assumptions.

That's a great one! If that's in reference to Omar, I would have been disappointed if he came shaved to appointment, with the pics he posted (assuming that's what happened).

He looked like his pics regarding body hair (omarcures). So that’s a good practice. :)

• 1 month later...
Clients ALWAYS hold the purse. In the marketplace, consumers ALWAYS set the demand.

Precisely and in my 24 years of working I have never had want for more clients than I have. So I have fired clients some I have had for over a decade for being annoying. So it’s a two way street. I find that all I need to live is about 30 regulars. So unless you can unionize consumers in a grey market you won’t get to do or behave any way you want if you want to work with the the great providers. It comes down to treating people well from both sides.

I find that all I need to live is about 30 regulars. [/QUOT

Well, wait till they have to make a choice: pay the mortgage or a massage. (And it won't be long under Trump). Standards would be lowered, pride swallowed and egos shrunk a bit.

Having worked through the internet bubble in 1999 and the 2008 bank crisis in neither one was there a blip. I receive around 3000 dollars a month from a chick-fil-a Land lease. Yes I donate 15 percent to PFLAG. So no my standards won’t lower a bit. I won’t starve and I will not take abuse from anyone. But I feel seriously bad for your providers that you feel the need to be abusive or have them “lower their standards” due to the economy. You sound like one noted Gospel Singer who I know of who sent a love letter to his female provider for a 25 percent discount post FOSTA/SESTA. And yes I am well aware that there will eventually be a time to retire and I will grow old and tired. But I will be dammed if it is sped up by negative Nancies.

Edited by bongripper

• 2 months later...