UPS Delivery

Avalon
This topic is 807 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Last week I spoke to Life Alert to get their emergency system. I was told that UPS would deliver the equipment today (Monday). A few minutes ago I heard a knock on my door. I yelled that I was coming. I'm slow moving. When I got there the box was on the ground and no delivery man. I do not like that!!!

What if I had not heard the knock? I'm not going anywhere but I don't like that type of service. Someone could have stolen it!

When I called Life Alert to tell them it had arrived I complained about it but the woman said that's how UPS is.

This is why since last century (1996) I have not gotten home mail delivery. I have a rent box at the UPS store in a shopping center three miles away.

He knocked on the door. You heard the knock. You yelled that you were coming. He heard you and left the package because he knew you coming. You now safely have the package. Take a deep breath and relax.

He knocked on the door. You heard the knock. You yelled that you were coming. He heard you and left the package because he knew you coming. You now safely have the package. Take a deep breath and relax.

But did he hear me or just drop off and run? I get about a dozen prescriptions in the mail. Good thing I have them delivered to my box at the UPS store. If they were delivered to my street address there'd be so many people hanging around some maybe the police would think I'm a dealer ;-)))

One of my houses is in a rapidly gentrifying city. I rarely have packages delivered to the door because of the rampant theft. With FedEx, I choose the signature option. Their office is only 5 minutes away and there’s rarely a line and the staff are great. I have UPS deliver to my gym. At the summer house, packages could safely sit on the porch for weeks!

Shipping is a commodity activity, not a concierge service (which does exist for large items)

If it arrived on time and undamaged, they did their job. If it was stolen after delivery, I suspect Life Alert would have responsible for that and provided a replacement; at least that’s been my experience with other shippers and it’s the trade off for the shipper to not require more costly signature delivery. Remember, if a signature was required and they missed you, then you’d have to go to UPS to get the package yourself.

I wonder why Life Alert doesn’t simply send the packages in bulk to installers and let them arrange delivery with the installation appt?

Well it's all water under the bridge now.

I filled out the return paperwork and taped it to the door last night. The UPS man came by today during the noon hour. When I heard the knock I yelled who was it and this time he responded. I told him it was taped to the door. Who knew if would still be there? He said he got it but was leaving a receipt and it would be on the ground outside the door. So I made it to the door. It was just a slip of paper that could have blown away in the wind. Several years ago a friend gave me one of those things - can't remember what it's called - that you can snatch and pick things up. It took a little while to get a hold of it but I finally got it.

Shipping is a commodity activity, not a concierge service (which does exist for large items)

If it arrived on time and undamaged, they did their job. If it was stolen after delivery, I suspect Life Alert would have responsible for that and provided a replacement; at least that’s been my experience with other shippers and it’s the trade off for the shipper to not require more costly signature delivery. Remember, if a signature was required and they missed you, then you’d have to go to UPS to get the package yourself.

I wonder why Life Alert doesn’t simply send the packages in bulk to installers and let them arrange delivery with the installation appt?

Good point. The man who installed it could have brought it with him.

Being admittedly shallow, my biggest peeve about this is my local UPS driver is in his late 30's, hairy, and has a beautiful smile and cute ass. I miss the opportunity to admire said qualities which makes my appreciate my package, his package, and the delivered package.

The problem is if no one is at home. Thieves abound!

Being as shallow as @Racketjock the biggest problem in my estimation is that the UPS guys are indeed hot and there is no time for any mutual appreciation of the packaging in all its various forms.

blogger-image--985915427.jpg

The problem is if no one is at home. Thieves abound!

I said it works for me. If I lived in a high-crime neighborhood, I would find a way to pick packages up - UPS store, Amazon pickup locations, etc. When I had an office outside of my home, I always had packages sent to my office. Now I work from home, so I don't have that option.

I said it works for me. If I lived in a high-crime neighborhood, I would find a way to pick packages up - UPS store, Amazon pickup locations, etc. When I had an office outside of my home, I always had packages sent to my office. Now I work from home, so I don't have that option.

Works for me as well....

Being as shallow as @Racketjock the biggest problem in my estimation is that the UPS guys are indeed hot and there is no time for any mutual appreciation of the packaging in all its various forms.

In SF, the UPS drivers are a mixed bag. Some are some are pretty hot and others are more ordinary. My current UPS man is a trim, cleancut young Asian guy. I'm always glad to see him. The best UPS drivers ever were in Denver. They were consistently over-the top-sexy. It seemed that they had to be hiring them for their looks.

UPS guy story...

When I was in business my female assistant was in love with our UPS delivery guy... and he was indeed hot as hell. She always ordered various supplies in very small quantities so there would be a delivery virtually every day of the week. Of course no complaints here! The guy was not only muscular, but had movie star looks. I personally sensed that he was gay, or at the very least that’s what my gaydar kept screaming at me. When my assistant said that she sensed that as well that sealed the deal!

One day his parents came into the office as they lived close by. With all due respect, and may I be struck down for saying this, they were two of the most unattractive people that I ever have seen. Yet, I could tell that they were definitely “salt of the earth” kind of folk, as good and decent individuals as one would ever meet. Since they looked nothing like their son... and I assume that this was something that probably they felt that they had to explain... they volunteered the information that since he was a child he had multiple plastic surgeries and more importantly orthognathic surgeries to correct certain maxillofacial dental developmental anomalies. That explained all!

Also, the surgeons involved must have been the same ones employed by various soap operas where a character is in an auto accident and comes back after plastic surgery as and even better looking and hotter guy!

All those hot UPS guys over the year... and yes there were others who were hot as well! One of the few things I miss about now being retired.

UPS guy story...

When I was in business my female assistant was in love with our UPS delivery guy... and he was indeed hot as hell

My current UPS carrier left a job at Jerry's Deli in Studio City to take the UPS delivery gig. He told me he lost 70 pounds in the first 5 years as a UPS delivery driver. SEVENTY POUNDS!

He's not cute, but he's lean as hell and he likes working overtime because he doesn't enjoy his wife. LOL!

USPS tracking is so bad it's comical. Sometimes they accidentally track the shipping container to it's next location instead of the actual box. Your "box" from NYC to LA will go from NY to St Louis to Miami and arrive in LA an hour later.

I received a USPS tracking notice that my 2 day priority mail package had arrived at its destination in Texas and was delivered. Whew!

I was quite surprised when I went to my home mailbox here in SoCal that evening and the same “delivered” package was in MY mailbox, LOL.

Don’t *even* get me started on their Amazon 2 day delivery reliability.

• 3 years later...
On 5/3/2018 at 6:26 PM, whipped guy said:

I got a delivery this afternoon via UPS, and the delivery man was very close to the image above, just a bit younger looking with reddish curly hair and similarly awesome looking legs.  He was also cheerful and chatty. I'm looking forward to my rem sleep tonight. 😛

I had the hottest, straightest, most alpha ups driver delivering to my office. He’s a real bro. I flirted with him mercilessly and he calls me faggot among other terrible things, much to our mutual delight. 

Once in the parking lot, he said peace out faggot as he was leaving and a client overheard him say it and took him to task for it. I immediately, with all the sincerity I could muster, thanked her for defending me and confessed how horrible his homophobia makes me feel.  

His mouth dropped and he went into frantic panic mode. He said “Whoah wait, tell her all the shit you say to me.”  I said I don’t know what you’re talking about and went back into my office.  I let him sweat for about 5 seconds, then I went and confessed it was our love language and there were no hard feelings. 

It took 6 years of late night texting him to finally get a Dick pic. It was worth the wait as he was both hard AND showed his face. 

30F6AB8E-5201-472C-976D-D4366E4B6595.jpeg

Edited by Coolwave35

On 4/30/2018 at 8:24 PM, SundayZip said:

I wholeheartedly agree.  The UPS employee fulfilled his job.  Your package was obtained; now you're enjoying it.  Your fretting was completely unnecessary, for that is how the FEDX, UPS, USPS & other related companies deliver packages, esp. during these months and year+ of the horrendous pandemic.