Saying Sayonara To The Pacific Northwest

Gar1eth
This topic is 2268 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was too exhausted yesterday to read all these responses . What with everything I didn’t get to sleep until around 2 AM-didn’t arrive at my Mom’s until around 11 PM. (She made me tuna salad-the only seafood I eat. :p). I’m still tired now. I think this is only a momentary awakening.

I hesitated for a bit about posting this yesterday. But for one thing I’ve always been honest on here about what’s going on with me whether it’s been my difficulty accepting being gay-still there but this Forum over the years has helped me overcome so much of my phobia over this (I’m not exactly open open but I’m definitely not closeted-multiple people in my family know I’m gay as well as multiple old friends), to my thyroid cancer diagnosis, and this new myasthenia gravis diagnosis. Also I was going to mention not being in the PNW anymore at some point in a post. So why hide the move?

Sorry to hear about this Gman, hope all works well with your move back to Baja Oklahoma.

@mike carey, there was a movie by that name years ago. I had forgotten what the reference meant until I looked it up just now. In case you decide to visit us (Texans) out here on the frontier in the future, be a bit careful about slinging this term around. It might be difficult to explain to a non-Texan. While as I said, I don’t really have an innate sense for this phrase as I think the first and only time I’ve ever heard it was in reference to the movie, as a Texas native, my gut feeling is that it’s a phrase better uttered in the breach rather than actually out loud. :D

I want to thank all y’all for your kind thoughts. I don’t know what I would have done all these years without the Forum-and all of you are the Forum!!:rolleyes:

Gman

The strength of character, indomitable spirit, and dignity with which you are addressing your situation is truly inspirational. Best wishes for a speedy turn-around. Please keep us in the loop as you are up to it.

Actually I’m kvetching an awful lot. There have been copious tears-however I’m going to blame the prednisone for affecting my emotions. As proof of this, I offer the fact that I was watching the situation comedy ‘2 Broke Girls’ on the American Airlines plane yesterday and was finding it hysterical. :confused:

Gman

Actually I’m kvetching an awful lot. There have been copious tears-however I’m going to blame the prednisone for affecting my emotions. As proof of this, I offer the fact that I was watching the situation comedy ‘2 Broke Girls’ on the American Airlines plane yesterday and was finding it hysterical. :confused:

Gman

I know what you mean. I was a devoted viewer of the 2 Broke Girls series. Also kvetching and tears can be quite therapeutic, at least for me. :p

Keep on keeping on.

Gman

Oh No! Get well soon!!

Hope the treatments give you relief and raise the level of your ability to function.

The father of a friend of mine had MG and joined a formal MG support group. It was a great help to him. It gave him a community of friends and lifted his spirits as they all use to joke with each other about their symptoms; it kept them informed of the newest research and treatments available; they raised funds to support research. There should be such a group near you if you are in a large city. I think there are online groups, too.

Wishing you the best.

A minor update- I was exhausted due to the week and a half of cleaning out my house. When I was at the airport on Thursday, I was handling two bags so heavy I would have had trouble dealing with them even without the myasthenia. With the exhaustion and the heaviness of the bags, I was having trouble straightening up. I was walking bent over like jackknife. It was particularly difficult to hold my head upright and had been for the past week.

Also for about a week or so I was having big problems with my grip strength. As an example I had had to use two hands to pull out a knob on the washer because my fingers would just slip off and turning the knob on a door was incredibly difficult.

Well I had some incredible sleep Thursday night/Friday morning (didn’t get to bed until 2 AM). And on Friday I felt the best I had felt in about 10 days. Even better my grip strength feels as if it’s back to normal. So while I don’t want to make this thread a running commentary of my symptoms, but after having complained I did want to let y’all know that I do have good days.

Thank you again for all the nice comments and thoughts.

Gman

Yes, you are a special one, for sure, but sorry to know it’s come to you in this form. Had no idea you were struggling so. Thanks for keeping us informed and best of luck with the treatments. We’ll be thinking about you

Thank you all again.

DANGER !!!DANGER!!! Will Robinson !! Frivolous Post Ahead!!

Now that I’m back in Texas from Washington state, I’m 1600 miles closer to y’all. Mississippi is only about 575 miles away.

SIGH-just my luck to be in a non-hiring mode. :confused:

;) Gman

Edited by Gar1eth

Thank you all again.

DANGER !!!DANGER!!! Will Robinson !! Frivolous Post Ahead!!

Now that I’m back in Texas from Washington state, I’m 1600 miles closer to y’all. Mississippi is only about 575 miles away.

SIGH-just my luck to be in a non-hiring mode. :confused:

;) Gman

Lol...not as far for the well wishes to travel, at least