Plastic surgery - would you consider it?

Jose305
This topic is 1797 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking about having my upper and lower eyelids done. I see nothing wrong with it. I also know a few people who were trainers or kept their weight stable and developed a fat pocket entering their 50s. They had lipo done as the docs said no amount of diet and exercise would work.

I don't know yr age, but usually that kind of procedure doesn't REALLY work unless you also have a brow lift

Don't you just prove that the right eyeshadow and a little blush will take years off.

Most definitely, proper makeup is an ART, and can work wonders. Its all about being "understated" and natural to bring out your Beauty. When you do it RIGHT, you will command any room you walk into ! BUT when the time comes for a little nip & tuck, you should be open to it....God is a miracle worker, but a good doctor comes in Second....

• 1 year later...
Anal rejuvenation surgery is, apparently, a thing.

I like that Dr. Goldstein doesn't feel compelled to stick with medical terminology:

"The first two to three days (after surgery) I usually disclose you won’t love me very much. Clearly a constant pain in the ass ....."

Besides for issues like gynecomastia(man boobs) I most likely would not. Gynecomastia is generally not covered by insurance and the only true treatment for it is plastic surgery to remove the breast glands, out of pocket. It’s traumatizing for adolescents to have, because they often get teased for it. No amount of exercise or diet will fix it.

Besides for issues like gynecomastia(man boobs) I most likely would not. Gynecomastia is generally not covered by insurance and the only true treatment for it is plastic surgery to remove the breast glands, out of pocket. It’s traumatizing for adolescents to have, because they often get teased for it. No amount of exercise or diet will fix it.

That was me. Even after military basic training where I lost 50 lbs. I still had obvious male boobs. So, after I was released from active duty, I had bilateral gynecomastia surgery. I was NOT covered by insurance but was well worth the personal cost.

Another surgery that I don't regret was gastric bypass. I went from 330 lbs to 200 lbs in 6 months.

I have read that they can use armpit hair and public hair in cases where there isn't enough donor hair on the scalp. After it's transplanted, it grows like normal head hair.

ff_1840.jpg

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/09/09cea6e60635a84404fb5ea02f200b4e2e25d585dc36a9a574867c84ced4baaf.jpg

As was mentioned by Rudynate, "in the hands of a good practitioner. . ." I'll go for the botox and filler and have judiciously done both. I do those things as part of my anti-aging practice and there are only a few docs in town (LA) that even I would trust to do me. When I do botox on patients, i only use freshly opened botox and what little may be left at the end of the day I use on myself. No one can tell - I simply look rested.

As far as filler, same issue but I dont do myself.

Often I will get some 40 something men who are out of work and on the interview merry go round and I can take 10 years off their faces IF THEY LET ME DO IT RIGHT. Too often patients want their faces frozen with no lines (and resultant no expression), lips plumped far beyond what should be and I turn them away - it reflects poorly on me. Less is certainly more in these cases.

Couple the above with hormone replacement (yes, Aunt Tilly, testosterone cream and thyroid also help the skin) and you'll look very well rested! and not artificial!

Of course, if you start taking care of your skin in your 20's and 30's, don't smoke, ease up on the alcohol, wear sun block and a hat, just to name a few good recommendations, you may not need the usual Vit B (botox) and Vit F (filler) until wayyy later in life. A nice peel once or twice a year would help, too.