Did Your Parents Give You The Talk About "The Birds And Bees"?

Avalon
This topic is 1160 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Why would anyone bump a discussion started by Avalon. Nice guy, but he started more threads than @marylander1940

Yeah, but at least the ones he started were kind hearted and elicited considerable response

Did Your Parents Give You The Talk About "The Birds And Bees"?

Nada! My information came from peers who were as ignorant as myself, getting snatches of "information" from the older kids. I don't regret not having "the talk" because, in those days, adults were so uncomfortable discussing the subject, it would have probably done more damage than good.

2d4e716068d50139519c005056a9545d

@samhexum and @Oaktown keep on searching and bumping all you want. Don't listen to the self proclaimed Hall monitors.

Why would anyone bump a discussion started by Avalon. Nice guy, but he started more threads than @marylander1940

Ask @samhexum he bumped it!

You were posting at 2:05 AM East Coast time?

Yeah, but at least the ones he started were kind hearted and elicited considerable response

Because of all/most the threads I start are mean or dumb, right?

Labeling and keeping your trademark behavior of taking things of subject.

Did your parents give you the talk?

I went to Catholic school took and it was part of the curriculum from about 6th grade on, including a separate night for dad's to take their sons and mom's to take daughters to a all boys/girls lecture.

But, dad pre-empted all that when he had one too many cocktails and decided to sit me and my twin sister down together to have the talk while mom was out one night. Mom was not pleased (with my sister's participation)!

I still remember this nugget..."I don't know why they call it that...I haven't seen a bird screw a bee yet!"

My parents never discussed with their five children (4 boys and 1 girl) anything that was related to sex. We all learned on our own in a hit-and-miss fashion from varying sources.

I remember innocently sharing with my mother on one occasion that I had a sore on my penis or something (not sexually related); my father heard me and relayed that I should not have told my mother what I'd just shared. I ignored him; I think I received good advice from her.

[...can't remember anymore specifics, for it took place many, many moons ago.]

@samhexum and @Oaktown keep on searching and bumping all you want. Don't listen to the self proclaimed Hall monitors.

Ask @samhexum he bumped it!

You were posting at 2:05 AM East Coast time?

Did your parents give you the talk?

Look, @BnaC was quite concerned about Avalon''s health. More than anyone else here.

He should be praised!!!

My father gave me the talk. He took me out for a drive in our Volkswagen bug and laid it all out in fairly clinical language. I still remember sitting in the passenger seat, staring in stunned disbelief (I had been utterly ignorant of it all) at the VW dashboard trying to picture in my mind what he was describing. Sometime not too long after that the Catholic grade school I attended did its bit for sex ed, showing us a movie that covered all the basics (in sex segregated sessions). I also still remember, after learning all this stuff, sitting in church every Sunday, seeing all the married couples in an entirely new light, trying to picture them "doing it" to produce all my friends and classmates and their siblings. Given Catholicism from that era, this involved a LOT of kids.

I honestly can't remember when I found out how guys do it with other guys, but it might well have been another clinical explanation from my father.

Sir! I was speaking in support and affirmation of Avalon who, to my observation, didn’t have a mean streak in his body.

Your distortions and misrepresentations are neither normal nor healthy. The fact that you even thought I was thinking about you is self aggrandizement. Move on

I seem to remember my mom having "the talk" with me, but don't remember much about it.

I do remember the sex ed unit we had in school, though - maybe 5th grade? - as a part of health class. I'm sure I don't remember a lot of things as they were actually said, but I do have some odd memories, like hearing intercourse described thus: "there is a time in a man's life when his penis becomes erect, then he mounts the woman and they have intercourse."

I remember that because of two immediate impressions. One was the "there is a time in a man's life" rhetoric - I was very confused by that. What if it happens and the woman isn't around? Does that mean I miss the chance? Does it only happen once in my lifetime? Etc. :rolleyes:

The other was the "mounts the woman" part. To me, the immediate image of "mounts" was like one does with a horse. So the image I saw in my head was the woman standing up and bent over so that the man could get on her back. Didn't make sense to me. ?

The other was the "mounts the woman" part. To me, the immediate image of "mounts" was like one does with a horse. So the image I saw in my head was the woman standing up and bent over so that the man could get on her back. Didn't make sense to me. ?

Is there any position a man & woman could use to have sex that would make sense?

My question might have been more like "why do I like touching my friend Tim's big boner, and should I put my mouth on it?" :D

Isn't that really 2 questions??????

Hmm. I guess kids ask a lot of questions. ?

I guess if I could only pick one question, the latter one would be more important. :D

Sir! I was speaking in support and affirmation of Avalon who, to my observation, didn’t have a mean streak in his body.

Your distortions and misrepresentations are neither normal nor healthy. The fact that you even thought I was thinking about you is self aggrandizement. Move on

no, were praising him just to hijack this tread and get back at me, and now you're doing it again.

Interacting with you is like talking to Regina George.

Well, we had formal sex education in my 6th grade. A year later, when I was 12, my father gave me specific pointers on pleasing women, emphasizing the need to stimulate the clitoris and how to do that. Little did he know. I knew I was only interested in men physically at the time, though at that age, I believed, as it was commonly stated in those days, that in early adolescence, males go through a "homosexual phase," so I thought I might be in a phase. My 6th grade teacher was gay, so he taught us tolerance for those with same-sex feelings (though I had no sexual feelings myself until I turned 12, and remember the day it hit me like a thunderclap, definitely not a gradual process for me).