Little Irritants of Life

not2rowdy
This topic is 2686 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OR...leaving the house and drive several miles, only to realize you've forgotten where you are going.

OR...stopping for gas, going in an paying the attendant, then getting in your car and driving away. Several miles later, glancing down at the gas gauge only to see it's still on empty.

I always find em wrapped up in my sheets

They're usually stuck to whatever underwear I washed at the same time. I learned my lesson when I tossed a sock thinking its mate was lost in the laundry room and later found it in my underwear drawer.

Use the drive-thru window, order, request condiments, pay, do a quick check of the bag before driving away, get home, open it up, and the order is wrong and requested condiments are missing. ARGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :(:mad:

Getting the order wrong used to happen often enough that I started checking before leaving the drive-thru window.

They transform into extra Tupperware lids.

Some of which fit a given container and some of which don't. (Actually they're all from takeout orders, not Tupperware.) I've learned to make sure the top fits before trying to close it, discovering it doesn't fit, and having to wash it as well as replace it.

The ball point pen is in the laundry where the "devil sock" does its wicked work...and then you know what happens!!

Yep...brand new sheets.......forever stained.....

But I'm too cheap to throw them out just yet.

Not an irritant but a puzzler: I found a barely-used sharpened pencil in the lint catcher of one of the dryers in my apartment building's laundry room. WHY???

OR...stopping for gas, going in an paying the attendant, then getting in your car and driving away. Several miles later, glancing down at the gas gauge only to see it's still on empty.

Got a good laugh out of this one...not because it's ever happened to me.

...but because I know ONE day...it WILL!

Getting up and going into another room to get something, and then not remembering what it was. Going back to your original seat and sitting down, and then remembering what it was.

Going to water the plants at a traveling friend's home in a gated community ten miles away, and realizing that you left the entrance card or the gate code at home on the kitchen counter.

...stopping for gas, going in an paying the attendant, then getting in your car and driving away. Several miles later, glancing down at the gas gauge only to see it's still on empty.

And then realizing it's not your car. http://www.boytoy.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

http://cdn.hark.com/images/000/387/872/387872/original.jpg

They are in an alternate universe, along with the missing ball point pens.

I see someone read (and remembers) "The Hitchhiker's Guide..."

Pennies!!!!! What are they good for? Absolutely nothin'. Stop making those little fuckers now!

You put them in a jar and when it gets full you take it to the Coinstar machine and get an Amazon voucher. Then you buy one of these:

tumblr_oi5p7lxbDF1uz2jaso1_1280.jpg

Pennies!!!!! What are they good for?

Canada did and the country is still in business.

Australia and NZ both phased out 1 and 2 cent coins around 1990, and life went on. NZ changed all its coins for smaller ones in 2006, and there is now no 5 cent coin.

I learned my lesson when I tossed a sock thinking its mate was lost in the laundry room

For this reason when I buy socks I choose bundles of five or more identical pairs. Or wear odd socks.

Australia and NZ both phased out 1 and 2 cent coins around 1990, and life went on. NZ changed all its coins for smaller ones in 2006, and there is now no 5 cent coin.

For this reason when I buy socks I choose bundles of five or more identical pairs. Or wear odd socks.

Wear "odd socks"- now that's a quaint idea. Why not! I like the way you think!

Why does every electronic device have to have its own unique charger? My house is full of them, and since they have no identifying marks or labels, I long ago lost track of which is which. Trying to use the wrong one leads to grief. I read that the EU has set a reasonable deadline (2018?) for all new devices to use a universal charger due to the impact on waste treatment and land fills. Europe is soooo far ahead of us in many ways. This actually is a BIG irritant of life.

The word "like" used in anything other than a simile. The other day Trump said, "I'm, like, a smart person." Does that mean that he's similar to a smart person?

Two young women were standing in front of me on the subway the other day and I listened in:

"I'm like really tired because I like had to work overtime and it was like really long."

"I'm so sorry. That's like so unfair."

"I know. Right? Like it's like they ask you to do stuff and you're like I don't want to but they're like you have to and I'm like but I want to go home and they're like you'll make extra money but I'm like I don't care. And it's like who's like in charge?"

Sigh.

Why does every electronic device have to have its own unique charger? My house is full of them, and since they have no identifying marks or labels, I long ago lost track of which is which. Trying to use the wrong one leads to grief. I read that the EU has set a reasonable deadline (2018?) for all new devices to use a universal charger due to the impact on waste treatment and land fills. Europe is soooo far ahead of us in many ways. This actually is a BIG irritant of life.

I label them.

The word "like" used in anything other than a simile. The other day Trump said, "I'm, like, a smart person." Does that mean that he's similar to a smart person?

Two young women were standing in front of me on the subway the other day and I listened in:

"I'm like really tired because I like had to work overtime and it was like really long."

"I'm so sorry. That's like so unfair."

"I know. Right? Like it's like they ask you to do stuff and you're like I don't want to but they're like you have to and I'm like but I want to go home and they're like you'll make extra money but I'm like I don't care. And it's like who's like in charge?"

Sigh.

Like, dude, like this has, like, been part of the language for, like, almost thirty years.

I want to know WHERE THE HELL my sox disappear to from the dryer. and it's always an odd number that disappears!

And don't tell me, "sock heaven"!

My grandfather used to say that the missing sock was the price exacted by the washer and dryer for doing your laundry.

What the fucking fuck do the fucking teenage fuckers fucking say when they are fucking angry, "Oh, heck!"?

Oops! Being ageist again. But I sub teach at a high school and truly the students' ever other word is "fuck". Oh, Mario Savio of UC Berkeley what have we wrought?

Archived