Little Irritants of Life

not2rowdy
This topic is 2692 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the fucking fuck do the fucking teenage fuckers fucking say when they are fucking angry, "Oh, heck!"?

Oops! Being ageist again. But I sub teach at a high school and truly the students' ever other word is "fuck". Oh, Mario Savio of UC Berkeley what have we wrought?

You bring up an interesting question - yes, what do they say when they are angry. I might add that the use of "fuck" starts before the teen years.

Pennies!!!!! What are they good for? Absolutely nothin'. Stop making those little fuckers now!

My pennies, nickels and dimes go in a jar at the end of every day. About every six months, I dump them into that machine at the supermarket. It counts them and gives me full-value on a Starbucks card. I drink my change for a month or so.

Quarters go into a different jar and provides meter money for my roommates and me.

I am semi famous for wearing unmatched socks.People at work would place bets on whether or not I would actually show up with matching socks that day.Fashion icon I am not!

It's so nice to read about a bit of light-heartedness in daily life. Some levity is always welcome amidst the seriousness in our daily excursions.

There is a Trend in NYC lately I've noticed a lot of guys wearing mismatched socks. First I though it was intentional or a new fashion thing...so they come up with an ingenious way to make it work ?

There is a store in the shops at Mandalay Bay in Vegas that sells only socks. Some are intentionally manufactured as mismatched from the factory.

I buy a large number of identical socks. I never have to match them since they are all the same.

Didn't anyone ever tell you socks were mated for life at the factory?

"You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won't have it!"

Didn't anyone ever tell you socks were mated for life at the factory?

"You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won't have it!"

No, no. I buy the special free love socks. They're knitted in a mill in Amsterdam near the red light district. ;)

I really do wonder where mis-matched socks go. I usually keep them in case they show up in some later load. I just threw away 6 unmatched socks. But, small victories, I didn't lose one in my last load... :D

A pet peeve: when I can't go buy more of shoes, shirts or whatever because it's not made anymore. :confused:

Yeah, I have a great leather jacket and also a pair of boots, both of which are getting old and ought to be replaced. Damned if I can find anything close to either, however. Whatever happened to sticking with the classics?

Kevin Slater

There is a Trend in NYC lately I've noticed a lot of guys wearing mismatched socks. First I though it was intentional or a new fashion thing, but guess they do a lot of laundry and lose a lot of socks , so they come up with an ingenious way to make it work ?

gee, if I walked around with intentionally mismatched socks, I'd feel like my world has turned upside down....all out of balance and not in order and all that.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpsuEcKW8ZE

When I buy something full price and then a week later i see it online for 50 percent off... I mean I guess its worth more when your the first to get it... but don't they know Im a struggling "artist" and would have preferred to get a discount :(:p

Theres always a window of time where the seller will honor the discounted price if you paid Full price, and give you a credit adjustment.

I buy a large number of identical socks. I never have to match them since they are all the same.

The one time I did this and later realized how much I liked the socks, I couldn't find more. What started out as five or six pairs of black socks are now reduced by a pair and a half at least. Holes in the big toes don't help either. (It's also harder to find a large quantity of matching women's socks in the first place.)

Actually, I do have a bunch of white cotton athletic socks that I wore when I used to wear sneakers a lot, but I've since discovered that other materials are more comfortable and switched footwear as well. White socks just look dorky now.

I am semi famous for wearing unmatched socks.People at work would place bets on whether or not I would actually show up with matching socks that day.Fashion icon I am not!

Actor Matthew Gray Gubler and/or the character he plays on Criminal Minds, Dr. Spencer Reid, is famous for not wearing matching socks. Definitely true of the character, but I believe it was a choice Gubler made because he does it in real life. Gubler paid for the Tisch School of the Arts by modeling, so you could call him a fashion icon, albeit a famously quirky one.

I mentioned these a couple or three years ago and was roundly scolded for my selfish attitude.....I now mention them again.....

1. able-bodied people who push that wheelchair button to open the door for themselves (instead of manually opening the door like in the olden days)

http://reasonableaccommodations.org/Media/Default/NiftyFifty/auto%20door.jpg

2. people who sit in their parked car for upwards of 20/30 minutes with the engine running and windows rolled up, it being sunny and 72 outside

idling-car.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

The word "like" used in anything other than a simile. The other day Trump said, "I'm, like, a smart person." Does that mean that he's similar to a smart person?

Two young women were standing in front of me on the subway the other day and I listened in:

"I'm like really tired because I like had to work overtime and it was like really long."

"I'm so sorry. That's like so unfair."

"I know. Right? Like it's like they ask you to do stuff and you're like I don't want to but they're like you have to and I'm like but I want to go home and they're like you'll make extra money but I'm like I don't care. And it's like who's like in charge?"

Sigh.

I like that like I had to hit the like like button after reading this.

Archived