JD's Book Published, My Fleeting Time As EOY

DR FREUD
This topic is 2884 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay. i read the whole thing. i dont know if i am proud of myself for getting through it, or if i need to sit in a shower and cry because my eyes got raped.

general consensus.. nothing we havent seen before on the forums here. same old same old over and over again. not worth reading.

okay. i read the whole thing. i dont know if i am proud of myself for getting through it, or if i need to sit in a shower and cry because my eyes got raped.

general consensus.. nothing we havent seen before on the forums here. same old same old over and over again. not worth reading.

Thanks for taking one for the team and sparing us that task.

Curiousity got the JJ, and I went and read it....ALL of it, and as other readers have said, it was like "leftovers on a griddle" , shit being rehashed and rehashed....with no blame taken by him...

Being not a person that can hold my tongue, I posted MY reply there. Hope he understands my request, and honors it !

I commend Daddy for having the strength and commitment to do what he did. That could not have been easy. This latest episode only confirms the wisdom of Daddy's action, in my view.

Some people seem most comfortable casting themselves as "victim". I find it tiresome, one-sided, and simply juvenile. Methinks that was the case with that long-winded author.

Somewhere I remember reading that he has a graduate degree in Psychology. If so, he's got even more problems than we recognize.

And, what's with all the spelling, grammar, usage, clarity, and general unreadability if he went that far with his education?

clicking through boytoy makes me sad. what coulda been and never was.

I agree with your assessment. Furthermore, the last thing I want is "boy" and "toy" appearing in my browser history. Especially if passing through international customs.

Okay, I'll take the bait.

I've been taking a little bit of time off from this site, mostly focused on family stuff. But I'm sorry, I can't let this pass without making a few personal statements relating to things I feel very strongly about.

First, I would really like to thank Daddy and Dane Scott for your decency and your integrity. I personally am very happy that things that were swirling around as rumor and innuendo and distortion have now been "clarified" using my own written words, which I stand by. I am guilty as charged of "tough love." I take it as a point of pride that more often than not I'll tell people what I think they need to hear, as opposed to what I think they want to hear. At least when I think there is a chance in hell they'll listen, which is the real issue in this case.

You often find out who your friends are when challenges arrive. Whatever words Daddy did or didn't say, for whatever reason, what I take away from this experience, more than anything, is that he has a good heart. This last year is the first time I've had extensive personal interaction with Daddy, teaming up to help somebody we both cared about. I have a lot more respect and affection for Daddy because of this.

I also have even more respect for Dane Scott. I've known him for a decade, and he is a deeply caring man with an unshakeable core of integrity. I feel like he is the truest victim of this debacle, partly due to my errors in judgment, because he got dragged into exactly the kind of dirt he had the judgment to avoid. Almost all of it is better left unsaid, except for this. Even though, like a lot of people, Dane had little red warning flags going off, I pushed him hard to try to be open to somebody I decided to get close to. The possible hurt feelings were compounded by the fact that I told Dane I was, in effect, going to help "promote" someone else over one of my best friends. This is the kind of thing that can end friendships. Dane's response was to try harder to get close to JD, because, as he said, "any friend of yours is a friend of mine." The errors in judgment that were made were all mine, and I am just more grateful than ever that I have friends like Dane who are intuitive, decent, open, patient, and forgiving.

Since so much of this drama is about race and openness, I also want to make a statement on that, which can be said this way: while we all make mistakes, and nobody's judgment is perfect, I feel every bit as strongly as I did all through this that the imperative to be open and accepting is as great as ever. While I may have made an error in judgment about one person, I don't think I erred in sticking to my principles.

This really jumped out at me last week when I watched this interview by Trevor Noah of Cynthia Erivio, a UK citizen and Nigerian immigrant who won the Tony for Best Actress For The Color Purple:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/o75gf8/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-exclusive---cynthia-erivo-extended-interview

In addition to having the sexiest arms ever, and the strength to paste Trevor Noah in an arm wrestling match, Ms. Erivio spoke some words that meant a lot to me in Minutes 4 to 7 of this interview. Like a lot of people, I was horrified by the Brexit vote, which surveys show pretty much boils down to older Whites acting on their worst fears of immigrants. As we all know, it all connects to a whole bunch of very complicated feelings people in the US have about Obama, Muslims, immigrants, Mexicans, race, diversity, putting up walls, tearing down barriers, and Trump. I am trying to say this in a way that avoids going into "politics", other than to say the stakes couldn't be higher, and - no surprise - I have incredibly strong feelings about these things and where we go from here.

Erivio speaks from the heart about what she clearly feels was a mistake on the part of the British, and about how different and poorer her life would be had she not been able to immigrate from Nigeria to the UK, become an actress, and grace us with her beauty, her skill, and her eloquence. She is exactly right that "a lot of lives will change, not for the better" because of what I view as a sad, close-minded decision.

I won't take a position on whether she deserved the Tony or not. But I will take a position that people of her race don't deserve the judgment a lot of people in the UK have just made. I have a lot of misgivings about radical Muslims who walk into clubs and kills Gays, or throw Gays off rooftops in Iran, based on their interpretation of their faith. But that wouldn't stop me for one second from voting for London's Muslim Mayor, had I had the opportunity. That was a beautiful statement about openness to a better future, just as much as the Brexit vote was a statement about trying to restore a past that wasn't actually all that great or beautiful for lots and lots of people. Life is complicated, and progress is always forward and back and all mixed up.

While I may not have actually said these words, the day I met JD I know he expressed his interest in being the first African American EOY, and I think my reply was something like this: "I'd like to play David Axelrod to your Barack Obama." That was a lot of what my motivation last year was about, and perhaps I made foolish character assessments and let my ego get in the way. But what is happening this year makes me feel just as passionately that the principles of openness and progress and understanding are the ones we all should lift up. Now more than ever.

I don't feel that bad about any of this. I don't feel used or cynical or hurt or injured. I take this as one more opportunity life has given me to learn from what I did and commit to my core principles, and to having a more open mind and heart.

I've been taking a little bit of time off from this site, mostly focused on family stuff. But I'm sorry, I can't let this pass without making a few personal statements relating to things I feel very strongly about.

First, I would really like to thank Daddy and Dane Scott for your decency and your integrity. I personally am very happy that things that were swirling around as rumor and innuendo and distortion have now been "clarified" using my own written words, which I stand by. I am guilty as charged of "tough love." I take it as a point of pride that more often than not I'll tell people what I think they need to hear, as opposed to what I think they want to hear. At least when I think there is a chance in hell they'll listen, which is the real issue in this case.

You often find out who your friends are when challenges arrive. Whatever words Daddy did or didn't say, for whatever reason, what I take away from this experience, more than anything, is that he has a good heart. This last year is the first time I've had extensive personal interaction with Daddy, teaming up to help somebody we both cared about. I have a lot more respect and affection for Daddy because of this.

I also have even more respect for Dane Scott. I've known him for a decade, and he is a deeply caring man with an unshakeable core of integrity. I feel like he is the truest victim of this debacle, partly due to my errors in judgment, because he got dragged into exactly the kind of dirt he had the judgment to avoid. Almost all of it is better left unsaid, except for this. Even though, like a lot of people, Dane had little red warning flags going off, I pushed him hard to try to be open to somebody I decided to get close to. The possible hurt feelings were compounded by the fact that I told Dane I was, in effect, going to help "promote" someone else over one of my best friends. This is the kind of thing that can end friendships. Dane's response was to try harder to get close to JD, because, as he said, "any friend of yours is a friend of mine." The errors in judgment that were made were all mine, and I am just more grateful than ever that I have friends like Dane who are intuitive, decent, open, patient, and forgiving.

Since so much of this drama is about race and openness, I also want to make a statement on that, which can be said this way: while we all make mistakes, and nobody's judgment is perfect, I feel every bit as strongly as I did all through this that the imperative to be open and accepting is as great as ever. While I may have made an error in judgment about one person, I don't think I erred in sticking to my principles.

This really jumped out at me last week when I watched this interview by Trevor Noah of Cynthia Erivio, a UK citizen and Nigerian immigrant who won the Tony for Best Actress For The Color Purple:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/o75gf8/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-exclusive---cynthia-erivo-extended-interview

In addition to having the sexiest arms ever, and the strength to paste Trevor Noah in an arm wrestling match, Ms. Erivio spoke some words that meant a lot to me in Minutes 4 to 7 of this interview. Like a lot of people, I was horrified by the Brexit vote, which surveys show pretty much boils down to older Whites acting on their worst fears of immigrants. As we all know, it all connects to a whole bunch of very complicated feelings people in the US have about Obama, Muslims, immigrants, Mexicans, race, diversity, putting up walls, tearing down barriers, and Trump. I am trying to say this in a way that avoids going into "politics", other than to say the stakes couldn't be higher, and - no surprise - I have incredibly strong feelings about these things and where we go from here.

Erivio speaks from the heart about what she clearly feels was a mistake on the part of the British, and about how different and poorer her life would be had she not been able to immigrate from Nigeria to the UK, become an actress, and grace us with her beauty, her skill, and her eloquence. She is exactly right that "a lot of lives will change, not for the better" because of what I view as a sad, close-minded decision.

I won't take a position on whether she deserved the Tony or not. But I will take a position that people of her race don't deserve the judgment a lot of people in the UK have just made. I have a lot of misgivings about radical Muslims who walk into clubs and kills Gays, or throw Gays off rooftops in Iran, based on their interpretation of their faith. But that wouldn't stop me for one second from voting for London's Muslim Mayor, had I had the opportunity. That was a beautiful statement about openness to a better future, just as much as the Brexit vote was a statement about trying to restore a past that wasn't actually all that great or beautiful for lots and lots of people. Life is complicated, and progress is always forward and back and all mixed up.

While I may not have actually said these words, the day I met JD I know he expressed his interest in being the first African American EOY, and I think my reply was something like this: "I'd like to play David Axelrod to your Barack Obama." That was a lot of what my motivation last year was about, and perhaps I made foolish character assessments and let my ego get in the way. But what is happening this year makes me feel just as passionately that the principles of openness and progress and understanding are the ones we all should lift up. Now more than ever.

I don't feel that bad about any of this. I don't feel used or cynical or hurt or injured. I take this as one more opportunity life has given me to learn from what I did and commit to my core principles, and to having a more open mind and heart.

Steven, I dont think race has any relevance here, because CRAZY can come in any color. Taking race out of the picture, the subject is still guilty or irrational, dysfunctional and delusional behavior.

Steven, I dont think race has any relevance here, because CRAZY can come in any color. Taking race out of the picture, the subject is still guilty or irrational, dysfunctional and delusional behavior.

Thank you. How about if we leave it this way. We're both right, and we're both beautiful.

Some of this is a matter of personal style. It goes without saying, Dame Kockwood, that on matters of style, you can run circles around me. My style is "tough love," so to me I have no problem saying that some radical Muslims are so crazy that they have their head even further up their asses than some White bigots. And for crazy Muslims it does have to do with Islam, just like for crazy KKKers it has to do with race. But you are exactly right that the most important adjective in the sentence is "crazy," and we don't have to conclude that all Muslims or all Whites are crazy, just because a small but significant number are. The lesson from the UK vote is that a small number of bigoted people can use a few crazy people to whip up a frenzy and a backlash. I am trying hard to be terse and contribute to simply letting this all pass with no hard feelings and no backlash, and maybe just a bit more openness.

Somebody earlier posted that they felt "used" and that made me sad. What's being "used" here is minds and judgment and hearts and if they're not always being used 100 percent perfect, so what?

Thank you. How about if we leave it this way. We're both right, and we're both beautiful.

Some of this is a matter of personal style. It goes without saying, Dame Kockwood, that on matters of style, you can run circles around me. My style is "tough love," so to me I have no problem saying that some radical Muslims are so crazy that they have their head even further up their asses than some White bigots. And for crazy Muslims it does have to do with Islam, just like for crazy KKKers it has to do with race. But you are exactly right that the most important adjective in the sentence is "crazy," and we don't have to conclude that all Muslims or all Whites are crazy, just because a small but significant number are. The lesson from the UK vote is that a small number of bigoted people can use a few crazy people to whip up a frenzy and a backlash. I am trying hard to be terse and contribute to simply letting this all pass with no hard feelings and no backlash, and maybe just a bit more openness.

Somebody earlier posted that they felt "used" and that made me sad. What's being "used" here is minds and judgment and hearts and if they're not always being used 100 percent perfect, so what?

Thank you for posting, I think it was important to hear from you. For me, it is closure.

Somewhere I remember reading that he has a graduate degree in Psychology. If so, he's got even more problems than we recognize.

And, what's with all the spelling, grammar, usage, clarity, and general unreadability if he went that far with his education?

You don't need to be able to write anymore to get an advanced degree. A young woman I know showed me her master's thesis. I couldn't believe her thesis committee had signed off on it, the writing was so poor.

You don't need to be able to write anymore to get an advanced degree. A young woman I know showed me her master's thesis. I couldn't believe her thesis committee had signed off on it, the writing was so poor.

I got a master's degree about 20 years ago. Some of my classmates surely did not deserve to pass each class and gain an M.A.

Then again, I got my bachelor's at a very prestigious (though public) university and was aghast at the poor written English skills many of my classmates had. I am not referring to subtle issues but rather difficulties writing complete sentences. It's been so long ago that I learned basic grammar that I don't remember the grades in which that's usually taught, but these people graduated their respective high schools and either passed freshman composition or were allowed to skip that class based on their admission essays. It boggled my mind.

As to the subject of this thread, I never met JD. I read many of his posts here, but didn't read the recent rant on the other website. Based on what's written here, though, it sounds like it's more of the same from him. Maybe he'll learn how to do some self reflection some day.

It's been so long ago that I learned basic grammar that I don't remember the grades in which that's usually taught, but these people graduated their respective high schools and either passed freshman composition or were allowed to skip that class based on their admission essays. It boggled my mind.
you don't need to learn grammar to run Spelling & Grammar Check in MS Word.

I got a master's degree about 20 years ago. Some of my classmates surely did not deserve to pass each class and gain an M.A.

Then again, I got my bachelor's at a very prestigious (though public) university and was aghast at the poor written English skills many of my classmates had. I am not referring to subtle issues but rather difficulties writing complete sentences. It's been so long ago that I learned basic grammar that I don't remember the grades in which that's usually taught, but these people graduated their respective high schools and either passed freshman composition or were allowed to skip that class based on their admission essays. It boggled my mind.

As to the subject of this thread, I never met JD. I read many of his posts here, but didn't read the recent rant on the other website. Based on what's written here, though, it sounds like it's more of the same from him. Maybe he'll learn how to do some self reflection some day.

It seems to me we started learning parts of speech in either second or third grade.

OMG.....For whatever reason I thought I would educate myself about this epic pissing match and I read this guy's "press release" over on boytoy.com. I'm going to take take two aspirin, crawl back in my cave and remind myself it was only just a dream/nightmare. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. This is one of those times.

OMG.....For whatever reason I thought I would educate myself about this epic pissing match and I read this guy's "press release" over on boytoy.com. I'm going to take take two aspirin, crawl back in my cave and remind myself it was only just a dream/nightmare. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. This is one of those times.

TOO LATE!!!!! It has corrupted your soul!!! :D :p

Ok maybe not. LOL!

Archived