Sexy name

gcursor
This topic is 4718 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Names...we all have them...Patrick..Sean..Many years ago, I was at a new friend's house and he said as he opened the door, "David? You don't look like a David." and I laughed asking him what a David is supposed to look like. He said that people typically look like their name...there's a certain "look"

SO if you DIDN'T know what somebody was going to look like, what name would you go out on a date with sight unseen because it sounds so sexy?

Gcursor

p.s. I've always been partial to Seth or Bart

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zack, Jake, Jarrod, Tim, Adam, Bryan (spelled that way), Scott, Jason, Todd are sexy name for dudes....many other great names, too....

yes, I think we like some names and not others based on our past experiences with people who had those names....might even develop biases, strangely.....I know I always liked the name Julie for a chick, but my mother didn't like that name as it was my dad's previous GF before mom....

Zack, Jake, Jarrod, Tim, Adam, Bryan (spelled that way), Scott, Jason, Todd are sexy name for dudes....many other great names, too....

yes, I think we like some names and not others based on our past experiences with people who had those names....might even develop biases, strangely.....I know I always liked the name Julie for a chick, but my mother didn't like that name as it was my dad's previous GF before mom....

My mom wanted me to be female...and picked only a female name, Julie...guess it makes sense that I turned out to be a homosexual...;)

Kevin is one of my big favorites. I've even known a few guys named Kevin that weren't nearly as hot as I would hope they'd be, and I *still* might have slept with them just to be able to moan their name during sex, lol.

It's fun that you mentioned "Bryan" with a y - I like the traditional spelling too, but that "y" is sexy somehow. Much the same, Sean is nice, but "Shawn" has an extra sexiness to it, IMO.

Tim is a favorite of mine too - but maybe that stems from a childhood friend that I, um, experimented with, lol. I've known a few guys that have spelled it "Timm," and I do like that extra m, lol.

A few personal favorites that haven't been mentioned yet - Greg (or Gregg), Tyler, Matt, Alex, Glen, Drew, Mike, Gary...

Sometimes the form of the name can make a big difference - for instance, I tend to think of "Richard" as a rather plain name (absolutely no offense to any Richards on this forum, lol), but "Rick" can be hot. "Bob" doesn't often do it for me, but "Rob" can be sexy. Maybe not "Ed," but an "Eddie" might have a cuteness potential, lol.

I think this is a great topic, by the way - I've always felt that names can really have a major "sexy" factor, but I don't find this discussed much. So it's fun to see I'm not the only guy that thinks that way. ;-)

Guest Merlin

No doubt part of it is an unconscious association with guys you have known or been attracted to in the past. Knew a guy named Rex in college. Several great guys named Roger.

Some of it is more an associatopm with an ethnic type. Eric should be tall and blond.

I'll go with these: Aden, AJ, Andrew, Anton, Ben, Brandon, Dane, David, Dirk, Ethan, Greg, Jason, Kevin, Kristian, Nate, Raul, Rod, Romann, Ross, Steven, Todd, Tyger - alphabetically speaking!:p:D

I was planning on a similar listing but my mentor beat me to the punch, but, since I adore Oliver and respect the fact that he is wiser and _ _ _ _ _ than I, I'll go second (in alphabetical order of course):

Andrew, Andrew, Dane, Dane, Jon, Nate, Raul, Romann, and, bringing up the "rear", Tyger.

The reason for 2 Andrews and 2 Danes is because there are 2 different guys with the same name.

Bill K.

Guest Spanky

I dated a guy once who had a pretty good body. First time I saw him naked I said "Jesus Christ" and after that I always called him JC.

I dated a guy once who had a pretty good body. First time I saw him naked I said "Jesus Christ" and after that I always called him JC.

Well, all joking aside, let's not forget that "Jesus" is actually a common Hispanic name (if not perhaps in other cultures as well?), so it's not impossible at all to yell out "Jesus" in bed and have it refer to the guy you're with. ;-)

This is asinine - getting turned on by a name - I think it's pathetic. It's like how do you wear your watch - with the crystal facing up or down and finding that sexy. I guess it really is in the mind of the beholder. But then again I 've always been partial to the name Susannah (loved Susannah York) so maybe in the throes a passion I could yell out "oh Susanna" with impunity. Course I don't know many guys with the name Susannah. I guess I need to get out more.

Archived