Sexy name

gcursor
This topic is 4718 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Wow, you're right - silly me - that "K" gets me hard right off as compared to the "ch" that leaves me totally soft.

You know, if you find this thread ridiculous, then you don't need to read it, and you don't need to comment on it any further. Point taken.

How about going out to look for your Susannah? ;-)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right there, but, you know, it's really funny what some people find sexy. I guess the guys who have reminded us that the brain is the main sex organ really are right. Still, it's after 1 am and I'm willing to find amusement wherever I can. Please don't take offense - I mean no harm.

You're right there, but, you know, it's really funny what some people find sexy. I guess the guys who have reminded us that the brain is the main sex organ really are right. Still, it's after 1 am and I'm willing to find amusement wherever I can. Please don't take offense - I mean no harm.

None taken, my friend. ;-)

But - I'll add something here - of all things, I've actually (in a sense) referred to the idea of a name having sexual/sensual significance in my work as a vocal coach - when a name is mentioned in song, it can often be used in a sensual way. Whether it's young Tony in West Side Story who's tongue-tied over the name of the girl he just kissed (i.e. "Maria"), or the way that Fredrik in A Little Night Music alarms his young wife by crooning the name of an old flame ("Desiree") in his sleep...or the way Bernadette Peters both caresses and attacks the name "George" in Sunday In The Park With George depending on her feelings for the man at any given moment. The way we say a name can reveal an awful lot about how we feel for the person. This may seem to be obvious, but I do think there's a sensual element involved.

I'm also reminded of a moment in a classic All In the Family episode, where one of Archie's old friends, Bill, renamed himself "Brad" to make himself seem younger and sexier. When Archie meets "Brad's" date (who turns out to be a hooker), Archie changes his own name, on the spot, to Greg. ;-)

Erik... farm boy...

JT's go to guy.... ah, memories....

I like Mark... ring any bells, JT??.... ("all gay men are named Mark, Rick or Steve"... or so says, "Steel Magnolias")...

I also like Rafael, Raphael, (not to be confused with "Rachel, Rachel).. Bill, Jim, Kent, Kristian, AJ, Ty, Kevin... Juan, Thor and Chris..... Jeremy, Andrew and Chris... Raphael, Andrew and Chris.... Marco and Chris....

And David.

Okie

Alternate spellings of names also reminds me of an ex from years ago, named Chris. He liked to poke gentle fun at people with "vanity spellings" of their name by pronouncing them literally - for instance, I had a friend who spelled her name "Elain" - and Chris would say it in a very abrupt way which made it "sound" like the final "e" was missing. Likewise, a guy named "Robb" would be "robbuh-buh" etc. (Of course, this was just between us - he'd never do it in front of them, lol)

One day I had fun coming up with the idea that Chris could spell his name "Qrs" if he wanted to. (I don't think he wanted to, though.) ;-)

But Rick, you're already the epitome or sexy name-ness with that spelling of your last name - I've always thought Munroe was so much hotter than Monroe

Aw thanks, Phil. Btw, you do realize (and I'm being totally serious here) that I took my name from TV's famous Munroe sisters (Jill and Kris), right?

http://skateboardingmagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/16.jpg http://i53.tinypic.com/xaruco.jpg

I'll play along here. Why, Rick, no I didn't realize that. Why I had absolutely no idea whatsoever! But then too, I have no idea who the Munroe Sisters are or were or whatever.

Not the same thing, Bostonman. The characters in a play are revealing how they feel about another character by how they say that character's name. We were talking about the name itself being sexy.

I think I really agree with Okie who found God to be the sexiest name of all, with a close second going to JC.

I'll play along here. Why, Rick, no I didn't realize that. Why I had absolutely no idea whatsoever! But then too, I have no idea who the Munroe Sisters are or were or whatever.

Not the same thing, Bostonman. The characters in a play are revealing how they feel about another character by how they say that character's name. We were talking about the name itself being sexy.

I think I really agree with Okie who found God to be the sexiest name of all, with a close second going to JC.

First okie gets all the hot guys in groups and then he gets my one citation Will this world have no mercy on me?

Guest Spanky
First okie gets all the hot guys in groups and then he gets my one citation Will this world have no mercy on me?

I find the name PurpleKow pretty hot.

As opposed to "Monroe," the character from Too Close For Comfort, as played by Jm J. Bullock.

http://jimjbullock.com/jimjbullock/Bio_files/JJB_24.jpg

Though now he's back to "Jim," I used to think "Jm" was kinda hot. (Kinda like, how you'd say it with your mouth full, lol) ;-)

PK, so sorry I got the citation wrong. Mea culpa (but you're also right about Okie getting the hot guys. Life just isn't fair in these things). I too think Purplekow has some real sex appeal, but the real one there is Spanky - makes my palms wet just thinking about it and murmuring it to myself in a darkened room . . .

Sorry Ri©k, the photo didn't help me get it - I'm a pop culture zero.

Long live the Purples

I'm with Spanky on this one. I think dapurplebear and purplekow are very sexy hot names...and have thought that for quite some time now.

Long live the purples!

Gcursor

I find the name PurpleKow pretty hot.

Me, too.....

Took a bus trip to Daytona Beach on Spring Break 1982.... and met a guy named Todd on that very bus.... Hot Rod Todd... and he had one.... blonde, buff and a sweet little surfer boy ass.

And let us not forget.... the ever elusive, won't get his pretty ass on a plane.... Todd Dillon....

Okie

Amen to that!! -- Purple rules... -- and to be int he company of PK -- honored and humbled....

I'm with Spanky on this one. I think dapurplebear and purplekow are very sexy hot names...and have thought that for quite some time now.

Long live the purples!

Gcursor

Archived