The best thing I can cook

gcursor
This topic is 4752 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 2 favorites that are great with a number of people. They both can be cooked prior to people getting ready to eat and they can serve themselves so you can socialize instead of sweating over a stove while your guests are having fun. They are Italian Oven Stew served over noodles and, of course, being a Bostonian, Lobster Newburg served over toast points. Add salad, bread, and wine and you'll come out like a Julia Child replacement.

If anyone is interested, just PM me.

P.S. Burnt jello may be a new gourmet dessert. After all, we have flaming Alaska (no Sarah Palin jokes needed)

Bill K.

Pork tenderloin with a sauce of balsamic vinegar and orange marmalade. Pork tenderloin has fewer calories and fat than a chicken breast. Grilled in about ten minutes and is superb.

Baked stuffed shrimp - and not stuffed with crab meat!!

A Swedish Torte for dessert.

Guest Rich.
Allot of things. Something recently that was a big hit was a five cheese macaroni with smoked Gouda cheese on top,

here's a pic for those wanting a visual lol

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y260/josephga/IMG_0895.jpg

mmmhhh... five cheese PIZZA... with smoked Gouda cheese on top... mmmhhh...

Marry me Joseph... Marry me... ! :eek:

Richard

Gee, it's a tough question. I like most everything I cook, which is why I'm the size I am. I guess the best things I cook are osso buco with a saffron risotto (which I only make during the winter) and a duck breast with balsamic reduction and roasted figs (which are coming into season soon). I grill the duck on a little hibachi out on the fire escape. Ah, life in New York.

Archived