Solar Eclipse

Luv2play

17 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

No doubt you’ll be more impressed with the millions of cicadas about to darken the skies of America soon. 

To the tune of K-K-K-Katie...

C-C-C-Cicada,

Beautiful cada...

You're the only b-b-b-bug for me 

1 hour ago, azdr0710 said:

I saw the 2017 eclipse at 100% totality under clear skies (Oregon). It's something everybody should see. Absolutely incredible. We were on a mountain top and watched the shadow race toward us from 100 miles away. 2028 in Australia anybody??!!

1 hour ago, Luv2play said:

What time of the day was that?

And Sydney is in the band of totality but near its southern edge, a bit further north at say Newcastle would be closer its centre. The path of the eclipse will be from the NW, moving to the south-east of the country. I've seen (well experienced) one, 200km south of Canberra, in the mid-seventies. It was overcast, but you certainly knew it was happening, and the 'shadow' of totality was still obvious.

2 hours ago, samhexum said:

C-C-C-Cicada,

Beautiful cada...

It's been an eternity since I've seen a Chia Pet commercial, so for those who never have, this is understandably over your head. 

I always liked seeing that one lone growth show the other seeds who's boss.

5 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

2028 in Australia anybody??!!

I was looking at the upcoming total solar eclipses. Nov 2030 it passes through again then as well for you! The next two in Aug 2026 and Aug 2027 will both have totality paths through Spain. The one today cut through southern Illinois that also was in on the 2017 one.

WWW.TIMEANDDATE.COM

List of where the next annular solar eclipse is visible. Check if you can see it in your city.

17 hours ago, viewing ownly said:

It's been an eternity since I've seen a Chia Pet commercial, so for those who never have, this is understandably over your head. 

I always liked seeing that one lone growth show the other seeds who's boss.

My sister got me a Sophia (Golden Girls) Chia 2 Xmas's ago.  It's still in the box.  If she'd have gotten me Dorothy, it would have been in use on Day 1.

On 4/8/2024 at 3:53 PM, samhexum said:

I can't tell you how excited I've been about the eclipse...  because there's no word in the English language that describes an amount that small.

I wasn't very interested either. But I'm not very interested in many things others love, like football and traveling. And I have interests that others couldn't care less about. So to each his own - glad some of you gentlemen enjoyed it!

11 hours ago, Andy768 said:

I wasn't very interested either. But I'm not very interested in many things others love, like football and traveling. And I have interests that others couldn't care less about. So to each his own - glad some of you gentlemen enjoyed it!

Unfortunately  some members make it a badge of honor to dislike things to

I have noticed so many people in the media, especially on my sports talk shows I watch, wondering why people were so into this. Honestly it's all about being in the path of totality. If you're somewhere where just part of the sun was obscured it's not really all that exciting.

On 4/8/2024 at 7:02 PM, samhexum said:

C-C-C-Cicada,

Beautiful cada...

I suspect Frank Sinatra, Bruce Springsteen and Ethel Merman decided to take a pass on the song.