2024 Baseball Season

Lucky

• 1 month later...

Following the success of baseball in other parts of the world last year, there will be a number of regular league games in London this year. The games will be held on June 8th and 9th between the Mets and the Phillies at the London Stadium (host of the 2012 Olympics). Whilst these will be shown in the United States, there is still a question mark about whether they will be shown in the United Kingdom (as is the case with the NFL games in London).

18 minutes ago, Welshman said:

The games will be held on June 8th and 9th between the Mets and the Phillies at the London Stadium 

and my sister and brother in law will be in attendance...  less than three months after seeing Tony Orlando's farewell performance...  what an exciting year 2024 is turning out to be for them!

Tony Orlando and Dawn.MOV

Edited by samhexum
for absolutely NO @%!*ING reason at all!

I haven't played Beat the Streak on MLB.com in many years but I'm trying again this year. You can pick two guys a day to get a hit to get your streak number up faster. My one pick was Luis Arraez who went 0 for 6. Ouch!

New MLB record:  HR on opening day 5 years in a row.

Surprisingly, 3 others did it four years in a row.  Yogi Berra, Gary Carter and Todd Hundley (oddly, three catchers)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTw7XQT5aulVuwJNuNsj75

r89fd5nhj6q71.jpg

Nobody knows where his interest in working out comes from.

I suggest we ask his father:  (first posted in 2021 by @purplekow)

EoMTZbqXUAEE902?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

On 3/29/2024 at 12:48 AM, samhexum said:

Surprisingly, 3 others did it four years in a row.  Yogi Berra, Gary Carter and Todd Hundley (oddly, three catchers)

r89fd5nhj6q71.jpg

Nobody knows where his interest in working out comes from.

I suggest we ask his father:  (first posted in 2021 by @purplekow)

EoMTZbqXUAEE902?format=jpg&name=large

All three with strong connections to the NY Mets,   The Mets after having lost many opening days in a row at there inception, now own the best opening day winning percentage despite this year's loss.  If only they played as well for the other 161 games.  

Edited by purplekow

On 3/29/2024 at 12:48 AM, samhexum said:

He hit his 6th HR today.  He leads the majors.  He has 6 RBI.

I was watching the make up game between Cleveland and New York, the latter ahead 3-2 in the bottom of the ninth. The count on the batter is 3-2 and the pitcher throws ball 4. Cleveland would now have the bases loaded except that the umpire called the ball, clearly outside, a strike. No bases loaded. No excitement. The last batter limply grounds out. Yankees win.

20 minutes ago, Lucky said:

I was watching the make up game between Cleveland and New York, the latter ahead 3-2 in the bottom of the ninth. The count on the batter is 3-2 and the pitcher throws ball 4. Cleveland would now have the bases loaded except that the umpire called the ball, clearly outside, a strike. No bases loaded. No excitement. The last batter limply grounds out. Yankees win.

you should see what Angel Hernandez did in Texas last night.

Whitney Herzog manager of the St Louis Cardinals and Kansas City Royals has died at92

He invented Whitey Ball with the Cards: excellent defense, few home runs and hundreds of stolen bases with Ozzie Smith Willie McGee and Vince Coleman.

The Cards won the World Series in 1982 and Herzog guideed St Louis to two other World Series 

I loved to listen to Whitney. He made be love baseball More than even.

Rest in Peace , my hero