The donation rate that can create confusion.

Whenever I see a masseur listing 300, 500, or the dreaded "ask", it is my assumption that "fun" will come with the massage, provided that erotic is within their listing.

When rates are 150 or lower, I'm anticipating a pleasant massage with a happy ending at a minimum IF sensual is listed, or another hint that optional fun could happen when they put in the ad - "after massage shower available". 

Those that ask for rates in-between 150 and 200 are leery for me, because for the massage to be going in either direction (more therapeutic or more erotic), it doesn't seem to fit the bill. For the provider, it is a nice "buffer zone" to really be in control of what to offer. On this forum, I feel that I've read an even amount of men WANTING a therapeutic experience, and being unhappy that the masseur was wanting more, just like men forking out a great deal of finances to a guy busy texting with one hand and being about as erotic-free as could be when being intimate was expected. 

Sometimes I feel we can never please everybody. Half are leery because of a rate too low, others pass up because the rate is too high.

Why do people make our lives rocket science? A price is a price. It’s no need to be gaslit or cross examined over it every time. 

The only way I’ve found to fix this, long time ago: Is have more than 1 rate. And then have a menu that outlines clearly what it is. One price doesn’t fit all. I respect some clients want a $150 session, others want a $400 session. I can’t attempt to appease both by charging the same thing hoping it’s what they want to hear.

On the flip side, having 1 rates exclusively will cut all the bullshit and make it very non negotiable, which I could see the appeal of that too. 

3 hours ago, Jarrod_Uncut said:

? A price is a price. It’s no need to be gaslit or cross examined over it every time. 

This is it exactly as @Jarrod_Uncutsays. The price is the price, it relates to the value the guy puts on his time and service. If you think that matches your budget and expectations of value then hire him. If you don’t think it’s value then don’t hire him (and don’t try to negotiate down…that’s no way to initiate a great meeting). Of course if the services included are vague then ask directly what’s the deal.

Unfortunately I realise in some backward places (yes, you USA) these things can’t be discussed openly but in normal countries grown up people can have conversations about sexual services…. so ask him about it! 

In a way, rent.men makes it easier by not showing rates.  After a few texts back and forth, I then ask what would be an appropriate donation for their time based on our discussion.  I've never declined.  However, if it wasn't a good match, I've declined a second meeting.  

Edited by bashful

Question for providers, though:

Is it sometimes advantageous to change your rates depending on what the client wants?

I've know providers who offer low rates if all the client wants to do is a foot rub, or some other minor fetish. They claim they're their favorite clients since they barely have to do anything.

On 1/23/2024 at 12:15 AM, Jamie21 said:

Unfortunately I realise in some backward places (yes, you USA) these things can’t be discussed openly but in normal countries grown up people can have conversations about sexual services…. so ask him about it! 

This is the core of the problem. In most of the US, making an appointment with a new guy is risky for both parties. 

• If I say what I want, I'm committing a crime.
  • If he says what he'll do, he's committing a crime.
  • If he says what it costs, he's committing a crime.

Then there's the service itself...

• If he does what I hired him to do, he's committing a crime. 
  • If I pay for his work, we're both committing a crime. 

And afterward, if I disclose the details, I could endanger his business and his freedom. 

I'm sure I will get grief for this but I hate when a providers rate is "Ask" especially if most of the clients for example) are stating a $200 rate for a sensual massage and $250 rate for an erotic massage in their reviews. Now I have some insight as to what the provider will be charging based on other's reviews. I personally prefer a stated base rate - $150, $200, $250, $300, etc. The provider can always outline his fees for services in his description starting at the base rate plus add-ons. IMO it just simplifies things from the beginning.