Mid-December Montreal report

Ichabod

I visited to Montreal last week for the first time in 4 years, and I had a great time. I stayed at the Hyatt Place Montreal, formerly the Gouverneur. I thought the renovations made for a huge improvement. It's clean, comfortable, not too expensive (in mid-December, anyway), and the location is as convenient as ever for the strip clubs. I did not plan it this way, but I made it each of the 4 bars twice.

Campus is thriving, as others have noted. There were plenty of dancers circulating with their shirts off (not always the case), and they were all quite attractive (not always the case). They were all good about taking no for an answer (again, not always the case), and I never saw groups of dancers congregating together and ignoring the customers. I did several private dances; the standouts were Zack, Apollo, and Pepe (looks like a lumberjack, huge all over, very generous and interactive).

Stock was a mixed bag for me. I did not have to pay the cover the first time I went (the cashier had wandered off and the security guard eventually just waved me in), and that was good because it was very dead (this was a Wednesday night). There were very few customers, long gaps between stage shows, and most of the dancers did not drop their shorts at all. Most of the dancers kept their shirts on offstage and huddled in groups talking to each other all night, not circulating or talking to customers at all. I tried to flag down a couple of them multiple times, but no luck. Santiago (Cuban, short, great body, really well-endowed) was the only dancer approaching customers, and he did more privates than all the other dancers combined while I was there. There was a tall, slender Black dancer named Piper who did not even take his shirt off during his stage shows, much less his shorts; that seemed odd to me, at a strip club. Stock was much livelier on Friday, but there were still lots of dancers ignoring the customers and talking only to each other; I don't know how they make any money that way.

Taboo was dead on Thursday night. In fact, I was the only customer there when I arrived (which I did not realize because all the dancers were sitting at the bar, fully clothed, so I thought they were customers). One dancer talked to me for the whole time I was there (<30 minutes); I did not want to do a private with him, but I could not think of a way to get him to move on ("I would prefer to sit all by myself staring into space rather than talk to you" seems a little unkind). I left as soon as I could. It was busier on Friday, and there were 2 dancers I would have done privates with; but they were both occupied with other customers the whole time I was there.

Red Diamond (formerly Expose, formerly Luxe, formerly...) was very quiet both times I stopped in. I have always liked this club - in all its many incarnations - more than most forum members. The staff has always been very friendly, the private dance area is really private, and I have had lots of interesting private dances there. Damian (tall, swimmer's build, friendly and low-key) was the only dancer working both nights. He was very approachable and chatty, and I had fun private dances with him twice. Friday was busier than Thursday, and Damian said he expected it to pick up later in the evening (I was there pretty early).

This was my first real vacation trip since before the pandemic, but I hope to get back to Montreal this Spring.

Ichabod

Thanks for the update.

What is the situation on Rue Ste. Catherine regarding: drug users, drug dealers, aggressive homeless (unhoused) persons, and the unsupervised migrants?

Also, recent reports were that the Hyatt Place was housing migrants on the lower floors. Is that still the case?

Any snow on the ground yet? I ask because Bozo likes to make snow angels.... 

BTC

Edited by BOZO T CLOWN

Next to no snow last week. It was unseasonably warm, which was disappointing since I like to get a hit of winter when I go to Montreal. I had seen that earlier post about refugees at the Hyatt Place; if that is still happening, I did not see any evidence of it. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel is. Rue Ste Catherine was much as it has been for the past many years - lots of homeless people, and lots of vacant storefronts. The Village was bustling on Friday night, but pretty quiet during the week. People asked me for money (as they do in every big city), but no one was persistent or aggressive. I never felt threatened or unsafe at all. The park was empty during the day; at night, there was a stage and musicians performed.

Ichabod

Hi newatthis. What was especially frustrating about Stock was that there actually *were* dancers I was interested in both nights; they just never came around and I was never able to get their attention. Santiago is hot and hung and friendly, and he treats this like a job (which it is); so I bet he makes good money there.

I assumed Campus (and all the bars) would get started late, so I never got there before 9:45. So I cannot speak to what it's like earlier than that.

Ichabod

Thanks.  For Campus, is it still $20 Canadian per song for a private dance?  How much is admission?  I've always liked Campus more than Stock Bar.   Is Taboo a strip bar that  features very young dancers and is close to a hotel that rents by the hour (I met up ChristianPowers at that hotel)?  Never heard of Red Diamond/Expose/Luxe, what's the address...  I think I will plan a trip next spring too! 

All other things being equal, the lap dance experience at Stock Bar is far more pleasurable and private than that at Campus.

At Stock Bar, the lap dances are conducted in a separate room. Once inside the separate room, there are a group of cubicles. Each cubicle has a curtain which opens and closes side-to-side, and prevents any passersby from looking in. At Campus, lap dances are done in an area with much smaller booths than at Stock Bar, and which are totally wide open. No doors, no curtains, nothing. The separate lap dance area is separated from the main room only by some plexiglass. Anyone standing up in the main area can see everything that is going on with you and the dancer. There are a couple of open booths on either end which are partially blocked off from the voyeurs. Nevertheless, it still lacks the private experience one gets at Stock Bar.

BTC

Hi rojjodc. Yes, $20 per song is the going rate at all 4 bars. I think the Campus cover charge was $6.00, but only after 9:00 and not every night. Yes, your description of Taboo is accurate - mostly younger and mostly twinkier dancers. My experience is that there is a greater variation in quality at Taboo than at Stock and Campus; there are some very hot, sexy, attractive dancers, and there are some who look really unhealthy. I'd be interested in hearing from other people - especially Taboo fans - whether they agree with that or not.

Red Diamond/Diamant Rouge is at 1681 rue Ste-Catherine East; it's very close to Taboo and people often go back and forth between the two spots. Here is their Facebook page:

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Diamant Rouge, Montreal, Quebec. 6,305 likes · 404 talking about this · 382 were here. Danseurs nus / Males stripper

Ichabod

Hi Bozo. I was concerned at first about how the absence of curtains at Campus would affect the private dances, but it was never a factor for me (or for the dancers, as far as I could tell). Maybe because it was not super busy when I was there, I got the most private corner booth every time. I am sure that helped.

Ichabod

during my one and only, so far, visit to Montreal in 2016, I think I remember no curtains at all at Campus......but the cubicles were somewhat small/narrow and I realized the dancer could stand and face me sitting inside the stall and act as a "door" of sorts.....the dancers also realized this and were happy to oblige and close the door 😉  

3 hours ago, Poppie said:

OH yeah. The DL had quite a reputation. Have not seen him in a long time. Rumor was that he would spend his bonus at the club. Must have been SOME bonus.

He would spend his afternoons/early evenings at Campus (that's when there was something actually happening at Campus in the afternoon) and then move on to Stock.  He had a stable of retired dancers who would come out of the woodwork to sit at his table and enjoy his generosity.  I once struck up a conversation with a couple of other out-of-town visitors at Campus and mentioned the DL and how he behaved...the guys laughed and said "that's our friend (name)".  We compared enough details to convince me they knew him.  They had lots of stories about him, most of which I've long since forgotten.

Although I initially found his presence annoying, I came to enjoy watching him interact with the dancers...and miss him and those Campus afternoons.

Edited by newatthis

the one time I was in Montreal and at Campus, I witnessed "Drunk Lawyer" (DL) holding "court" at a stage-side table.....he was very casually dressed and didn't seem to be acting like a big deal, but several dancers and hangers-on were seated or standing with him.....a tip would go to every dancer on stage and an assistant stood by who apparently held DL's money and doled it out as needed......I'd heard of him before going to Montreal and asked a dancer if that was him; the dancer said, "yes, tonight is (DL's name) night".......when I expressed disappointment that every other patron in the place would now need to compete with DL for a dancer's attention, he said to not worry and I think it all worked out...... 

21 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

.....when I expressed disappointment that every other patron in the place would now need to compete with DL for a dancer's attention, he said to not worry and I think it all worked out...... 

The dancers who were not invited to his table compensated by being extra attentive to the other customers, especially in the back rooms....

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2023 at 2:59 PM, Ichabod said:

I visited to Montreal last week for the first time in 4 years, and I had a great time. I stayed at the Hyatt Place Montreal, formerly the Gouverneur. I thought the renovations made for a huge improvement. It's clean, comfortable, not too expensive (in mid-December, anyway), and the location is as convenient as ever for the strip clubs. I did not plan it this way, but I made it each of the 4 bars twice.

Campus is thriving, as others have noted. There were plenty of dancers circulating with their shirts off (not always the case), and they were all quite attractive (not always the case). They were all good about taking no for an answer (again, not always the case), and I never saw groups of dancers congregating together and ignoring the customers. I did several private dances; the standouts were Zack, Apollo, and Pepe (looks like a lumberjack, huge all over, very generous and interactive).

Stock was a mixed bag for me. I did not have to pay the cover the first time I went (the cashier had wandered off and the security guard eventually just waved me in), and that was good because it was very dead (this was a Wednesday night). There were very few customers, long gaps between stage shows, and most of the dancers did not drop their shorts at all. Most of the dancers kept their shirts on offstage and huddled in groups talking to each other all night, not circulating or talking to customers at all. I tried to flag down a couple of them multiple times, but no luck. Santiago (Cuban, short, great body, really well-endowed) was the only dancer approaching customers, and he did more privates than all the other dancers combined while I was there. There was a tall, slender Black dancer named Piper who did not even take his shirt off during his stage shows, much less his shorts; that seemed odd to me, at a strip club. Stock was much livelier on Friday, but there were still lots of dancers ignoring the customers and talking only to each other; I don't know how they make any money that way.

Taboo was dead on Thursday night. In fact, I was the only customer there when I arrived (which I did not realize because all the dancers were sitting at the bar, fully clothed, so I thought they were customers). One dancer talked to me for the whole time I was there (<30 minutes); I did not want to do a private with him, but I could not think of a way to get him to move on ("I would prefer to sit all by myself staring into space rather than talk to you" seems a little unkind). I left as soon as I could. It was busier on Friday, and there were 2 dancers I would have done privates with; but they were both occupied with other customers the whole time I was there.

Red Diamond (formerly Expose, formerly Luxe, formerly...) was very quiet both times I stopped in. I have always liked this club - in all its many incarnations - more than most forum members. The staff has always been very friendly, the private dance area is really private, and I have had lots of interesting private dances there. Damian (tall, swimmer's build, friendly and low-key) was the only dancer working both nights. He was very approachable and chatty, and I had fun private dances with him twice. Friday was busier than Thursday, and Damian said he expected it to pick up later in the evening (I was there pretty early).

This was my first real vacation trip since before the pandemic, but I hope to get back to Montreal this Spring.

Ichabod

luxe had private booths up the stairs in a very well lit room completely separated from prying eyes - had a lot of fun there; is red diamond setup like that? also luxe had the most interactive dancers, i found stock they were always aloof and not interactive, and campus somewhere in between. good to know it's still a very reasonable  $20 (first time i went it was $8)

btw the migrant / refugee flow were people coming from the states when the US cancelled their asylum - and they would be housed in seedy motels - i don't think the gouverneur every got that bad 

6 hours ago, scorpio1988may said:

luxe had private booths up the stairs in a very well lit room completely separated from prying eyes - had a lot of fun there; is red diamond setup like that? also luxe had the most interactive dancers, i found stock they were always aloof and not interactive, and campus somewhere in between. good to know it's still a very reasonable  $20 (first time i went it was $8)

btw the migrant / refugee flow were people coming from the states when the US cancelled their asylum - and they would be housed in seedy motels - i don't think the gouverneur every got that bad 

Diamond has like 3 dancers at most on a good night,  and they are pretty bottom of the barrel. Not worth your time unless you just want a quiet bar to have drinks at.

3 hours ago, Ichabod said:

@scorpio1988may Yes, the private dance setup at red diamond is still the same. Super private.

@gn233 Damian was the only dancer at red diamond when I was there, but he was very friendly and interactive. Attractiveness is obviously subjective, but I thought he was good-looking.

One dancer at a strip club is not normal, it's almost as if this is a front for something else....

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, lerbut23 said:

Does anyone know if Jasper is still dancing at Stock?

There have been a few over its history. If you mean “I” the tall lean tatted long-haired chap doing stints in Florida and some modelling, yes he was dancing here in early February when I went by between winter trips abroad. 

Edited by SirBillybob