Navratilova slams "mediocre male athletes competing as women"

marylander1940

“Women’s sports is not the place for mediocre male athletes who compete as women,”

Martina Navratilova 

OP note: It's more than that or that's the reason they transition in some cases? 

WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Tennis legend Martina Navratilova made her stance on men in women's sports clear on Tuesday and responded to another controversy in NCAA women's swimming.

14 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

“Women’s sports is not the place for mediocre male athletes who compete as women,”

Martina Navratilova 

OP note: It's more than that or that's the reason they transition in some cases? 

WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Tennis legend Martina Navratilova made her stance on men in women's sports clear on Tuesday and responded to another controversy in NCAA women's swimming.

None of the men in quest could be called mediocre 

15 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

16 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Bravo 👏

You are BOTH right.  Bravo is the place for mediocre athletes who compete as women.  Followed by a reunion hosted by Andy Cohen.

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

Martina cited a WaPo/Kaiser Family Foundation poll that found that 69% of men who identify as trans women have not undergone hormone therapy and 84% have not had surgery.  They can identify as women all they want, but physically, they're just like any other man.

Martina herself got wrapped up in a battle of the sexes kerfuffle when Vitas Gerulaitis at the 1984 US Open said he would bet his house that the #100 ranked man could beat the then supremely dominant Navratilova (she went 86-1 the previous year).  When Martina responded that she thought she'd have a chance, oh boy.  Chris Evert basically said fat chance (not those exact words), and John McEnroe said that the #1,000 ranked man could probably beat Martina.

It sounds like Martina has since changed her tune.  As of the last ATP ranking, 372 men have a single ATP ranking point, and they're ranked between #1670 and #2042.  My guess is more than half of those guys could beat #1 Iga Swiatek (hey, just my opinion).  The 4-time world champ US Women's soccer team lost 5-2 to an under-15 boys soccer club.  There's a reason for separate men's and women's divisions in sports.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 1:10 AM, BSR said:

Martina cited a WaPo/Kaiser Family Foundation poll that found that 69% of men who identify as trans women have not undergone hormone therapy and 84% have not had surgery.  They can identify as women all they want, but physically, they're just like any other man.

Martina herself got wrapped up in a battle of the sexes kerfuffle when Vitas Gerulaitis at the 1984 US Open said he would bet his house that the #100 ranked man could beat the then supremely dominant Navratilova (she went 86-1 the previous year).  When Martina responded that she thought she'd have a chance, oh boy.  Chris Evert basically said fat chance (not those exact words), and John McEnroe said that the #1,000 ranked man could probably beat Martina.

It sounds like Martina has since changed her tune.  As of the last ATP ranking, 372 men have a single ATP ranking point, and they're ranked between #1670 and #2042.  My guess is more than half of those guys could beat #1 Iga Swiatek (hey, just my opinion).  The 4-time world champ US Women's soccer team lost 5-2 to an under-15 boys soccer club.  There's a reason for separate men's and women's divisions in sports.

Some men don't need a surgery to grow boobs either. Are you implying some trans women athletes are just cross dressers? 

For the record I don't think they should be allowed to compete in female sports unless they go through a complete transition. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2023 at 3:28 PM, marylander1940 said:

Some men don't need a surgery to grow boobs either. Are you implying some trans women athletes are just cross dressers? 

For the record I don't think they should be allowed to compete in female sports unless they go through a complete transition. 

I do not agree. Sorry

On 11/25/2023 at 2:50 PM, samhexum said:

You are BOTH right.  Bravo is the place for mediocre athletes who compete as women.  Followed by a reunion hosted by Andy Cohen.

How did  Andy Cohen get involved in this?  Doesn't he host The housewives of Moscow Russia?

• 2 weeks later...

Most sports governing  bodies require hormone therapy as a condition of competing. But the reality is that hormone levels are not the only advantage men have.  If it were, steroids would have closed the gap between male and female performance. 

Edited by sniper

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/21/2024 at 10:40 PM, pubic_assistance said:

There are enough trans athletes that they should just make a new category for them. It's just ridiculous for women to compete against a former man when it comes to sports. Former women in men's sports work at a disadvantage and I might be less critical of the crossover .

Agreed or their birth sex!

They can always not compete or dedicate themselves to other things! 

WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Nassau County Executive Bruce Blakeman discusses Caitlyn Jenner endorsing his executive order to protect female sports and the legal drama unfolding with AG...

Edited by marylander1940

2 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

Agreed!

WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Nassau County Executive Bruce Blakeman discusses Caitlyn Jenner endorsing his executive order to protect female sports and the legal drama unfolding with AG...

I will never understand why a good looking man like Jenner wanted to slap on a set of tits and walk around in a dress in high heels...but at least the guy/gal makes sense once in a while.

Biology may not matter in how a person wants to identify, but it certainly matters when you're competing in sports. When I was a wrestler in college I was always paired with someone in my own category. I would have been a ridiculous match to have been challenging someone who was OBVIOUSLY stronger, heavier and immediately prepared to whoop my ass.  What's the point of competition at that stage ?  Bravo Ms. Jenner.

3 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

I will never understand why a good looking man like Jenner wanted to slap on a set of tits and walk around in a dress in high heels...but at least the guy/gal makes sense once in a while.

Is it really a case of not understanding it...or not accepting it?  I am sure she can live without your understanding or acceptance.  If you really crave understanding, the American Psychological Association wrote an excellent article on it in 1975. 

2 hours ago, KeepItReal said:

Is it really a case of not understanding it...or not accepting it? 

Well obviously the former because I have relationship with Ms.Jenner so I don't need to accept it.

I merely stated the obvious. Bruce was a good looking man. He decided to transition into an ugly woman. I think I'm not the only person who's baffled by this decision. Otherwise I have no sway over the matter so it's not my place to need to accept it.

As for other trans athletes, I also have no sway over their decision to identify outside their birth gender. But I DO feel for the biological women who are expected to compete against a 200 pound testosterone driven man wearing a bra and panties, with painted nails and some fake tits.

On 3/20/2024 at 4:42 PM, pubic_assistance said:

Well obviously the former because I have relationship with Ms.Jenner so I don't need to accept it.

I merely stated the obvious. Bruce was a good looking man. He decided to transition into an ugly woman. I think I'm not the only person who's baffled by this decision. Otherwise I have no sway over the matter so it's not my place to need to accept it.

As for other trans athletes, I also have no sway over their decision to identify outside their birth gender. But I DO feel for the biological women who are expected to compete against a 200 pound testosterone driven man wearing a bra and panties, with painted nails and some fake tits.

Caitlyn-Jenner-Bruce-before-after-900176

He was a handsome young man but late didn't age well and had some bad surgeries and specially a lifting. I think he looks better now as an older woman but you're the one who knows about female beauty. 

cailtny-before-after-split.jpg?quality=8