Music

Thique

On 11/18/2023 at 12:18 AM, Thique said:

Do you prefer music or quiet time when you meet with your provider? If you prefer music, what gets you going? Any favourite songs / artists?

For a massage, massage type of music (meditation, zen, etc). For the rest, I guess I can say more about what I don't want/like than the other way around. A few months ago I posted about a bad provider that had the Steven Wilkos show blasting in the background, so no, not that type of thing. Also for a massage, if you stream, get the for-pay option that doesn't disrupt the Zen by blasting car insurance commercials in the middle of the session.

Also, depends on the surroundings. In a hotel where walls are paper thin, music might help.

On 11/19/2023 at 4:44 AM, Becket said:

"Feeling Good" by Michael Buble`

Haha I have this song on a new playlist, but it’s a remix by a Nina Simone and Joel Corey. The Michael Bublé version I’ve heard too many times before but enjoy the song in general. When you’re on a massage table, you are indeed feeling good! Sets the mood.

Clients frequently offer positive comments about my playlists. Songs have quite a wide range from chill house to bluegrass, to blues, to 90s alt covers, to contemporary folk, to divas, to rock, to classic stuff and much more. I carefully craft each playlist to flow well, have some internal logic and have complimentary songs, but have enough variety and unexpected but pleasant pairings and be conducive to massage, relaxation, and good feelings.

I even add some Easter eggs in my lists, like the theme to Firefly. Fans of the show immediately get it and laugh with surprise and delight. Most don’t get it, but it can be a fun way to connect with a client when they do. I only do the Easter eggs when it makes sense with the surrounding songs and overall vibe, and sparingly.

Had to laugh at myself when I put “Relax” by Frankie Goes to Hollywood at the end of a playlist a while back and then immediately decided against it.

I avoid the typical go-to music choices like wind instruments, water sounds, Enya, all instrumental covers, and the like. I like my clients to not feel like they are necessarily going to fall asleep, or like they are in any old generic forgettable massage space, but not be at a dance party either. Just relaxing, if not unconventional massage music. Most of it you would not automatically consider “massage” music, but it works really well. I even put some Depeche Mode on a list and it works great. You would never think to do that but I think outside the box. 

The whole experience is important. I engage all five senses to be something memorable, enjoyable, and identifiable as part of my brand. 

Sound: carefully crafted custom playlists. Private massage space, no shared walls or outside noise disruptions.

Sight: relaxing eclectic interior design, art, mood lighting, nudity.

Touch: well, obviously. Plus the comfort of the table and real 100% cotton coverings. I use an extra wide memory foam table with a solid armrest.

Smell: my own handmade essential oil beeswax candles and my own custom made essential oil aromatherapy pillow spray. Me being clean, and my breath fresh.

Taste: use your imagination! Oh, and I always have a bowl of Starburst candy for a treat on the way out. Strawberry flavor (pink). Other flavors available.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2023 at 8:17 PM, DrownedBoy said:

The guy who popped my cherry at 19 insisted on playing Lauper's "True Colors" when he deflowered me. He meant well, but it was so corny that I wanted to LMAO 😄

The guy who first seduced me into my first experience topping ("I need help with my computer") had Sade's Diamond Life playing when I showed up to his dorm room. I think this is an improvement from Cindi Lauper? 🤷‍♂️