Other Hobbies - Outside of Gym or Working Out

adunn1992

18 hours ago, ICTJOCK said:

Thanks Chris,  I loved teaching horsemanship.

While I rode a bit growing up in the country in Bucks County, I still love wearing the boots! I’m an avid road, mountain and gravel cyclist, love walking and hiking, reading and writing. I also do a fair amount of traveling. Lifting three times a week: modified x-fit. The past year I’ve been especially working on my core, and can now pop out five sets of ten toes-to-the bar. I’d love to resume tennis (I’ll need a coach). Any every year I vow to start piano lessons. 2024?

IMG_5272.jpeg

Edited by Pensant

2 minutes ago, Pensant said:

While I rode a bit growing up in the country in Bucks County, I still love wearing the boots! I’m an avid road, mountain and gravel cyclist, love walking and hiking, reading and writing. I also do a fair amount of traveling. Lifting three times a week: modified x-fit. The past year I’ve been especially working on my core, and can now pop out five sets of ten toes-to-the bar. I’d love to resume tennis (I’ll need a coach). Any every year I vow to start piano lessons. 2024?

IMG_5272.jpeg

You look like you are ready to ride "hunt seat" (English style).    All that's missing is a riding crop!   lol

1 hour ago, Pensant said:

IMG_5272.jpeg

BTW, that is a beautiful rug. The boots aren’t bad either!

2 hours ago, Pensant said:

IMG_5272.jpeg

That's pretty remarkable 👏🏽 Good job! Love love the rug btw 👌🏽 

.... and for the piano 🎹, it's never too late. I did ok trying to re-learn on my own during the Pandemic but finding a good teacher to meet with weekly was my game changer. I can appreciate all that you do to spend your time and energy doing 🙌🏽

23 hours ago, Rudynate said:

I also work at the piano.  My skill level is probably late intermediate or early advanced.  A few years ago, I tried an experiment.  One of my favorite pieces is the 3rd movement of the Moonlight Sonata - a virtuoso piece.  I thought, "Why couldn't I acquire the required skills as I'm learning the piece?"   So I started on it, worked on it for a few years.  I finally got it to the point where people who don't know music thought it was amazing, but people who know music would say "not bad."  I haven't given up on it though, I just realized you have to have a teacher for a piece of that difficulty.   I just found a simple transcript of the Overture to Bach's Cantata #29 (the Ratswahl Cantata). So I'm ready to take that on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgbk9tyJVyA

I found this angelic boy this morning on youtube.

On 9/24/2023 at 1:59 PM, ICTJOCK said:

I am definitely a multi faceted person...   Astronomy,  travel, art.

2528990.gif

On 9/24/2023 at 4:28 PM, dbar123 said:

Several years ago I retired and moved across the country. Much of my time is spent exploring the new environment but I also supplement the free time with biking, wrestling and dining with fellow retirees that I’ve met in town

Wrestling with fellow retirees, huh?  Do you all wear singlets?  And is there an ambulance crew on stand-by?

On 9/24/2023 at 1:14 PM, Rudynate said:

One of my favorite pieces is the 3rd movement of the Moonlight Sonata

From one of my top-10 all-time favorite sitcom episodes:

I can't get the clip to start where I want it to, but check it out at the 6:22 mark.

Edited by samhexum
for shits and giggles

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 1:14 PM, Rudynate said:

I also work at the piano.  My skill level is probably late intermediate or early advanced.  A few years ago, I tried an experiment.  One of my favorite pieces is the 3rd movement of the Moonlight Sonata - a virtuoso piece.  I thought, "Why couldn't I acquire the required skills as I'm learning the piece?"   So I started on it, worked on it for a few years.  I finally got it to the point where people who don't know music thought it was amazing, but people who know music would say "not bad."  I haven't given up on it though, I just realized you have to have a teacher for a piece of that difficulty.   I just found a simple transcript of the Overture to Bach's Cantata #29 (the Ratswahl Cantata). So I'm ready to take that on.

Check this out  

https://youtu.be/-mDutwhwZDM?si=Cen90By19ERvGUwq