How big is your ... buddy list?

DynamicUno

I've been using a RM for a long time, and over that time I've added a lot of guys to my buddy list.  Since I'm not in a huge metro, a lot are not in my area, but usually when I'm browsing or looking at guys referenced here I'll add someone who looks interesting in case I might be in their area (or if they travel and end up near me).  It's a good way to have a short list to contact if I end up going to a certain city.

Occasionally I'll try to go through and try to prune the list of guys who've let their ads expire or maybe don't seem as appealing, but always seems easier to add guys than take them off.  As of today I have 277 on my list.  I keep thinking I need to do a more aggressive prune, but never seem to get a round tuit.

How about the rest of you?  Do you keep a lot of guys on your list or do you keep it trim and neat?

They should call it a wish list,  Mine's 156.  Only three I've previously hired, and a handful more I've communicated with, but making a time for meeting didn't work out.

I should also prune it too.  Moods change,  I take a closer look at what they are into, and/or learn more about them here (thanks), or on social media.

It tends to get more populated in summer, beginning when Grabby Awards, and IML come to town, and ending after Market Days.

Edited by bashful

When Rentmen doubled their client fee I ditched my membership. At the point of quitting I had too big of a buddy list for it to be practical anyway. Not really missing that feature. I don’t travel as much and live in a medium size market so it’s not too hard to figure out anyway 

On 8/29/2023 at 8:21 AM, DynamicUno said:

I've been using a RM for a long time, and over that time I've added a lot of guys to my buddy list.  Since I'm not in a huge metro, a lot are not in my area, but usually when I'm browsing or looking at guys referenced here I'll add someone who looks interesting in case I might be in their area (or if they travel and end up near me).  It's a good way to have a short list to contact if I end up going to a certain city.

Occasionally I'll try to go through and try to prune the list of guys who've let their ads expire or maybe don't seem as appealing, but always seems easier to add guys than take them off.  As of today I have 277 on my list.  I keep thinking I need to do a more aggressive prune, but never seem to get a round tuit.

How about the rest of you?  Do you keep a lot of guys on your list or do you keep it trim and neat?

I do just what you do.  Mostly, I keep it to guys in my area, but when I come across a guy anywhere who makes me think "Damn!!!,  I add him, just in case.  Occassionally I go through and prune.  I don't have a long list though - maybe 25 or 30 guys.

Mine has 70 currently.  10 of which I've met.  I know there are probably another 10 on there who are no longer active, but still like checking out their pix/vids sometimes.  The very first add to my list was Chizz - no longer working but can't bring myself to remove him.  I missed my one shot to meet him years back and still kicking myself  :) 

2 hours ago, azdr0710 said:

what are the benefits of a buddy list?......I currently have zero on the list..........

Apart from ease of finding their ad and being alerted to their ad changes and travel plans, the most significant benefit is that if they change their handle the new one will be in your buddy list. I keep my list at 24 or fewer so they all appear on one page. (You can also keep track of ads by starting a conversation thread in RM messenger. You don't even have to send them a message, simply hitting their 'message me' button will start a thread that will remain in your messenger box, and it will update for any name changes.)

7 hours ago, mike carey said:

Apart from ease of finding their ad and being alerted to their ad changes and travel plans, the most significant benefit is that if they change their handle the new one will be in your buddy list. I keep my list at 24 or fewer so they all appear on one page. (You can also keep track of ads by starting a conversation thread in RM messenger. You don't even have to send them a message, simply hitting their 'message me' button will start a thread that will remain in your messenger box, and it will update for any name changes.)

True - I often put the name I originally found them under in the Notes section so I don't wonder "who is this guy and why is he on my list?"  It's also a way to see if one of my all-time favorites, now retired, ever reactivates his ad. 

Edited by poolboy48220

3 hours ago, poolboy48220 said:

True - I often put the name I originally found them under in the Notes section so I don't wonder "who is this guy and why is he on my list?"  It's also a way to see if one of my all-time favorites, now retired, ever reactivates his ad. 

That's a good idea, something I wish I did a long time ago

• 2 months later...

I have about 70, but do curate periodically. I use the list to screen. I prefer experienced pros, and adding to the list allows me to see how active they are, when they’re traveling, when they receive new reviews, etc. Also for insight into what I’m really looking for; although tastes and moods change, curating the list reveals core wants/needs that informs new hires. Also because if I don’t I won’t remember lol.

I keep profiles "buddy listed" that I found interesting ( and some who've been vetted here ).  Since many of these guys travel around. I check the list to see if anyone I've spotted before is visiting the same location where I am too. Saves time digging through a lot of useless profiles.  I believe i have about 50 profiles tagged as "worthy of a try".