Vogue's job listing for Anna Wintour assistant! Anyone interested?

marylander1940

original-1064-1687290109-2.jpg?crop=1245
WWW.BUZZFEED.COM

Do you have what it takes to be Anna Wintour's assistant?

The ideal candidate for this "critical role" needs to be "extremely organized, efficient, deadline-oriented, and able to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, matrixed, digital media environment."

OP note: considering she was the real life inspiration for "The devil wears Prada" thanks but no thanks!

Edited by marylander1940

1 hour ago, pubic_assistance said:

If that's accurate that truly is absurd.

That's pocket change in NYC.

They probably justify that salary by thinking that the experience of working for her, and having that on your resume, is priceless.  Apparently those in most royal service roles in the UK are paid comparatively little, despite London being an expensive place to live - the honour of holding a position serving the Crown is almost expected to be payment enough... LOL.   

5 hours ago, CuriousByNature said:

They probably justify that salary by thinking that the experience of working for her, and having that on your resume, is priceless.  Apparently those in most royal service roles in the UK are paid comparatively little, despite London being an expensive place to live - the honour of holding a position serving the Crown is almost expected to be payment enough... LOL.   

The girl they want doesn't need the money. 

Buzzfeed doesn’t say, because it’s a crappy site, but the average annual salary for a personal assistant in the US is about $45,000. (Check zip recruiter.) Wintour’s offered salary range is $60,000-$80,000. Also, gender isn’t specified, so a boy could get the job, rather than a girl.

Edited by Peter Eater

10 hours ago, Peter Eater said:

Buzzfeed doesn’t say, because it’s a crappy site, but the average annual salary for a personal assistant in the US is about $45,000. (Check zip recruiter.) Wintour’s offered salary range is $60,000-$80,000. Also, gender isn’t specified, so a boy could get the job, rather than a girl.

There are personal assistants and then there are others. It all depends who you are assisting. In this case a very List A person in a very rarified position. 

I wouldn't accept less than $120,000 for such a position. But I would have to see the job description. Maybe its just a junior one.

What does the rest of her personal staff look like?

On 6/25/2023 at 7:53 PM, sync said:

I've had conversation with veterans of Wintour's environment.  Pity the next poor soul that walks into it.

I've known people who have worked for not only Wintour, but bigwigs in publishing and television news media.  

It's a fucking slog, but they made it through and ended up with solid recommendations and even better careers.

You do what you gotta do....  People who are successful rarely end up that way with manicured, clean hands.

On 6/26/2023 at 8:33 AM, Peter Eater said:

Good luck with that. Let us know how the application goes.

I would have all the skills but am too old for the job. Also it's a job for a person in their twenties. 

When I was older I preferred being the boss.

And today I still participate in the work force in a limited way and mostly volunteeer but some paid gigs.

As with anything, you have to know what you are good at and what you like to do. Then be confident and assert yourself. Things usually work out well 

7 hours ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

I've known people who have worked for not only Wintour, but bigwigs in publishing and television news media.  

It's a fucking slog, but they made it through and ended up with solid recommendations and even better careers.

You do what you gotta do....  People who are successful rarely end up that way with manicured, clean hands.

I have worked in publishing, and apparently have had the good fortune of having met highly successful individuals whom were neither feared nor hated by their peers or underlings.

Some of the people I met bailed from Conde Nast because they could not endure the acrimonious environment, they all referred to it as "Conde Nasty."

Surprising to me was the number of people I met who bailed from Disney, decaring it the most hostile workplace environment they had ever encountered.

Apparently, like most pursuits in life, it's "pick your own poison."